Abdullah to the NFL?

i understand staying in college for your senior year, but the window a HB has to make money in the pros is short. usually if a HB gets drafted and doesnt get cut, they only get one legit chance to sign a big contract.

imo ameer is going to be great in the nfl (i think it will all come down to how good of a pass blocker he can be at the next level). i compare him to a guy i got to watch every sunday for 6 years. ahmad bradshaw. bradshaw is a little bigger, but not as quick. abdullah is hard to hit and to get a flush shot against him, which should help prolong his smaller frame.

I like to compare Ameer to Jaquizz Rogers. Smaller bodies, shifty, not amazing top end speed, good acceleration, don't shy away from contact, north and south runners, great in the passing game. I think they are very similar runningbacks. If he doesn't make it as a back, I do think he could make a pretty darn good return man in the league. He may not house very many cuz of the lack of top end speed, but he will make the first few guys miss to get that extra 10-15.

A 1,200 yard season or better and he might get a little buzz. The NFL is full of short running backs. And if you were Ameer's agent, you'd also have to look at Cross, Newby (and King) sharing even more rushes next year, and perhaps Ameer's numbers going down, even if he was playing better ball. Still, a longshot.

I noticed they had Ameer back returning kickoffs. That's a smart move for the team, and smart for Ameer. If he can get his rep back as a return man, now that he's proven himself as a featured back, he's easier for an NFL team to justify. He's been a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, too.

A 1,200 yard season or better and he might get a little buzz. The NFL is full of short running backs. And if you were Ameer's agent, you'd also have to look at Cross, Newby (and King) sharing even more rushes next year, and perhaps Ameer's numbers going down, even if he was playing better ball. Still, a longshot.

I noticed they had Ameer back returning kickoffs. That's a smart move for the team, and smart for Ameer. If he can get his rep back as a return man, now that he's proven himself as a featured back, he's easier for an NFL team to justify. He's been a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, too.

390 more yards, 7 (possibly 8) more games left, I don't see why he doesn't get over 1200. He is on the track for a record breaking year, that is if we can remain dominant against the better defenses of the B1G (MSU & UM).

I doubt he goes early as well but he does lose a lot of experience of his O-line this year. I think his numbers will likely take a dip next year but he will still have a great season. Some guys might make the jump for that reason but he seems like a guy who wants to stay and help his team.

I disagree, I don't think we miss a beat on the OL, even though we do lose some starters. I think we will actually be better. We are getting a lot of experience in, while we can, and that will only help us later on. Kondolo will also be starting, and he has been practicing with the first team for quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...

From the OWH:

Abdullah said he feels “pretty fresh” heading into the last four games because the training staff has kept him off his feet at times and he’s tried to buy rest where he can. Abdullah added that he wants to play in the NFL but won’t be entering the NFL Draft after this year. When asked if he’d even considered it, he said, quickly, “No.”