Reality check for a die hard...

I absolutely bleed Husker red. I'm really glad that we won the game today because I thought we could have possibly lost today's game. Congratulations to Ameer Abdula, kenny Bell, Tommy Armstrong and all the players that played their hearts out today. I absolutely love watching the Huskers play, it pains me to miss even one play even during blowouts. But over the last several games even several years I see an alarming trend. Attendance at the games are down, people are leaving earlier than they usually would. There seems to be a lack of focus a lack of intensity and a lack of overall excitement amongst both players and fans. It starts with the head coach. We have to face reality. We are a poorly coached team. I like bo Pelini however he has surrounded himself with inferior experience and it shows on the field. It translates to the product it translates to the fans it translates all the way to the empty seats in the student section and kids being non existent in a big game. I watch a lot of college football, teams play and they are aligned, they are smart, special teams are successful and players are focused....we are not. We can't get players substituted, we can't get players aligned we can't seem to focus we can't seem to tackle our special teams are spotty at best compared to other teams we are lacking big time. It is time for change not necessarily the head coach but if there is not sweeping change soon people are going to stop coming to games because the product that you see on Saturdays is a direct result of poor coaching. I really hate to say this but it is the absolute truth. I certainly hope that coach Bo makes the right choices and makes them soon because we need change now. we are completely irrelevant, we get no TV exposure we get no recruiting visits on game days and we seem to just be this team on some kind of cruise control at a mediocre pace. Something has to change soon to bring new excitement to the table

• Fire 1

I thought we did make a jump. I am excited about some things. That said, am I the only one who sees how far behind our players are on the field? Maybe ill eat crow but I see a poorly coached team, a half disinterested stadium fan base and mediocre product on defense. I think sweeping change has to happen soon or the sellout streak is history. I think we have the players and some good coaches but on defense we are a joke.

Oh well it doesn't matter as its a web forum.... Most people on this board probably didn't attend the game, left early, turned off the tv in the third quarter, or flat didn't watch at all. I can't wait to see us play next week but it absolutely pains me to see so many fundamental mistakes on the field and a stadium a third empty. Just hope bo does what's necassary soon. Ask wisconsin how that new oline coach midseason is worked out.....

Oh well it doesn't matter as its a web forum.... Most people on this board probably didn't attend the game, left early, turned off the tv in the third quarter, or flat didn't watch at all. I can't wait to see us play next week but it absolutely pains me to see so many fundamental mistakes on the field and a stadium a third empty. Just hope bo does what's necassary soon. Ask wisconsin how that new oline coach midseason is worked out.....

Really? You really just pulled out the "I'm a better fan than all of you" card? You are so awesome. Teach us to be better fans. Please.

• Fire 1

Really? You really just pulled out the "I'm a better fan than all of you" card? You are so awesome. Teach us to be better fans. Please.

He is. he watches a lot of college football.

I'd guess that 45 degrees with 30 mph steady winds is pretty uncomfortable for people who just sweated through 87 degrees and high humidity on Friday. You may be incredibly tough, and the 80 percent of fans that saw the final seconds along with you, but if you underestimated these conditions by a layer you were going home early.

• Fire 1

He is. he watches a lot of college football.

Probably related to wifi.