Who Made the Block on Bell's TD Catch?

Bowfin

To be more specific, who made the last block at or around the five yard line as Kenny Bell was going in for the TD. I have watched the replay numerous times, but can't catch the number.

Anyhow, good payback for Bell, who does his fair share of downfield blocking and then some.

Westerkamp.

I don't think it was necessary. I like the aggression, but it's a risky block 5 yards away from ball and crossing the end zone. Just my opinion.

You play until the whistle is blown, period. Definitely was a legal hit, in the chest, player wasn't defensiveless. If I was a coach and I saw him there, and not make the block, I would be all over his ass. Whistle isn't blown, you continue to do your job and execute.

Great job to Westerkamp, whether it would have, or wouldn't have effected the outcome, the block was on key.

Westerkamp.

I don't think it was necessary. I like the aggression, but it's a risky block 5 yards away from ball and crossing the end zone. Just my opinion.

You play until the whistle is blown, period. Definitely was a legal hit, in the chest, player wasn't defensiveless. If I was a coach and I saw him there, and not make the block, I would be all over his ass. Whistle isn't blown, you continue to do your job and execute.

Great job to Westerkamp, whether it would have, or wouldn't have effected the outcome, the block was on key.

This is the thing that is upsetting me more than anything else about football today. The first thing that my dad drilled into my head, hundreds of times before I ever strapped on the pads was to go until the whistle blew. ALWAYS be looking for someone to (legally) hit (it's what makes football fun!) and be aware that people are looking to do the same to you. Now, it's like, refs punish guys for playing football and reward guys who just quit once they think that they're out of the play. Plus, who knows what kind of fumble, INT, is gonna result in guys needing to be hit/blocked? Like I said, worst thing in football today.

It looked more back shoulder when I first saw it live, his head definitely was not "across the bow," but more legit and closer to Bell than I initially thought. Like I said, I love the aggression, but I guess Bells block and how football is being dumbed down makes me question if it was worth it.

Thought the same thing. Too close for me. Love the aggressive attitude but no need to give the officials anything to think about when it doesn't affect the play.

question for everybody. I dont have the means to go back and rewatch the illinois game, but i remember an illinois receiver making a catch near the sideline, and the nearest husker defender turned his back to the receiver, as if he was going to block for him. did this actually happen, and did anybody else see it? i may or may not have been drinking at the time, so my recollection may be off.

*pardon me if its been discussed elsewhere*