Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

I found it hard to make sense of the Iowa Ohio game today. Number four, really? I think they are both beatable but I hope if we meet the Buckeyes in Indy it is closer to the team that played today. However, iowa looked far better than I expected, too.

Strange day, and all those upsets. Seems like the SEC got badly exposed. Or, if you take the other tact, it is just too tough a conference to predict. Looks like we are not the only conference with major questions.

We will probably end up running the table again even with a single loss to either @ Michigan or @ Penn St.

Here is a pretty good article:

http://athlonsports....idseason-review

Michigan has a pretty tough schedule, so chances that they lose two more conference games while we lose two total are decent.

Michigan St and Penn St are the type of offense we usually handle pretty well. I don't disagree with anyone that says we could run the table, but we could also go 2-4.

Let's assume we win the division. Is the Ohio St matchup one we want? At first blush it appears no, but I'd say we have little to lose. With the right mindset, we can come in a lot more eager to play that game than OSU. Regardless off whether we have 9, 10, or 11 wins OSU could very well be unbeaten. Matter of fact we want to play an unbeaten OSU in this game. There is so much football to be played, an 11-1 NU team beating a 12-0 OSU team could possible put us in the BCS title game.

chuckleshuffle

I don't know why anyone fears tOSU. They just don't look dominant to me. They find ways to win, though, and that's great. But no one is going to bat 1.000 in clutch time. Eventually, mistakes bite you in the ass.

Our game with them last year was pretty scary. If we run the table in our division, I kind of don't want us to play tOSU. I'd rather play Wisconsin again and get revenge for last year.

If there is a three way tie between Michigan, Nebraska and Michigan St. (either all 7-1 or 6-2), Michigan will go based on overall record. They won all non-conference games, Michigan St. and Nebraska both lost one.

We definitely need to beat Michigan, and probably we should just go ahead and win out. But if we lose to only Michigan but Michigan loses to OSU and one other team (Northwestern, Iowa, MSU) then we would still go. But it would feel a little cheap since we didn't have to play OSU and they did. And they beat us. So let's just win out.

We are clearly in the driver's seat for the division. Michigan State is clearly garbage, Northwestern is already 0-2, and Michigan is likely to get a couple more losses. We finish even 6-2 and we take it handily.

No way in hell if we lose the MSU game. We lose that one and we likely don't go to the CCG at 7-1. Who do you think is going to beat them twice if we don't beat them once?

We are clearly in the driver's seat for the division. Michigan State is clearly garbage, Northwestern is already 0-2, and Michigan is likely to get a couple more losses. We finish even 6-2 and we take it handily.

No way in hell if we lose the MSU game. We lose that one and we likely don't go to the CCG at 7-1. Who do you think is going to beat them twice if we don't beat them once?

Yep, if we don't beat MSU they will go to the title game.

Yep, if we don't beat MSU they will go to the title game.

Eh, there's a lot of football to be played. It would be a lot tougher without beating them but far from impossible. They appear to be going to have to win every game 10-7, 14-10 or some such score. That leaves you precious little margin for error (see Nebraska circa 2009). Every team left on their schedule has enough weapons on offense to break a couple big plays even against a very good defense and that just might be enough. They could easily lose to Michigan and Northwestern (if they get healthy) will give them a fight.