Bye Week Observations

I know normally we don't have this type of thread here, but it's the bye week. We need something to talk about.

1. I don't see how we aren't the favorite in our division....the trip to Mich still worries me just because it's at Mich. But I am feeling VERY confident.

2. NW is so beat up right now. Colter out, Mark still out, one of their better defenders got knocked out of the game today....and they are losing to Minny at home. They play at Iowa next week before a trip to Lincoln, Iowa is fairly physical. I only see them getting more beat up next week.

3. Mich St's O is still terrible. D is carrying them still. Up 14-0 on Purdue right now with 4 min left in game. 1 of the TD's came from D and their O has only been in the redzone once all game (used a trick play to score).

4. I am still not convinced that Oregon isn't the best team in the nation. I believe this is their year. SouthCarolina really struggling vs. Tenn and Tenn about beat UGA few weeks back. Oregon absolutely destroyed Tenn. But $EC love carries on.

5. The win at Purdue was much better than some failed to recognize.

I wouldn't consider us the favorite until Michigan. Win that game and we've got it. S

party may score on our defense but we'll score more.

Penn State is about done playing on emotion and the lack of depth is going to take its toll.

Minnesota beat Northwestern with three key players out for NW. If all three are healthy in two weeks, Northwestern has the chance to play spoiler, and they'll come ready to win. Still not an easy game.

Speaking of Minnesota, we need our DEs to play smart football next week to corral their QB. They're playing inspired football for Coach Kill right now, and that's always a dangerous kind of team to face. Slow down their run game and we should be fine, especially if Martinez plays.

That leaves Iowa at the end of the season, and they too would love nothing more than to play spoiler for Nebraska. With Ohio State handing Michigan a loss that weekend, the Hawkeyes are just game enough to come in and steal one from us if we're in a position to look ahead to Indy.

With Sparty's defense and soft schedule I don't think we're a shoo-in yet. That road game at Ann Arbor scares me, as does our defense's problems against good teams. If we continue to make strides on defense, we've got more than a puncher's chance at this division.

I wouldn't consider us the favorite until Michigan. Win that game and we've got it. S

Penn State is about done playing on emotion and the lack of depth is going to take its toll.

Minnesota beat Northwestern with three key players out for NW. If all three are healthy in two weeks, Northwestern has the chance to play spoiler, and they'll come ready to win. Still not an easy game.

Speaking of Minnesota, we need our DEs to play smart football next week to corral their QB. They're playing inspired football for Coach Kill right now, and that's always a dangerous kind of team to face. Slow down their run game and we should be fine, especially if Martinez plays.

That leaves Iowa at the end of the season, and they too would love nothing more than to play spoiler for Nebraska. With Ohio State handing Michigan a loss that weekend, the Hawkeyes are just game enough to come in and steal one from us if we're in a position to look ahead to Indy.

With Sparty's defense and soft schedule I don't think we're a shoo-in yet. That road game at Ann Arbor scares me, as does our defense's problems against good teams. If we continue to make strides on defense, we've got more than a puncher's chance at this division.

It may take some good play to win it, but I think Nebraska is the favorite in a division that seems no one wants to win.

I am honestly confident about every other game.......

But no one can deny that the Ann Arbor game is going to be tough.

With Sparty's defense and soft schedule I don't think we're a shoo-in yet. That road game at Ann Arbor scares me, as does our defense's (now fixed and getting much better) problems against good teams. If we continue to make strides on defense, we've got more than a puncher's chance at this division.

Sorry...had to insert my never ending optimism in there....