Bye Week Observations

Florida State is an outstanding team. They've absolutely killed two ranked teams in the past two weeks, including a Clemson team at home that was ranked #3 in the country. Winston is the best freshman QB I've ever seen and they have a ton of weapons on both sides of the ball. Their defensive speed is incredible and their secondary has been very impressive. So they're worth keepng an eye on as well.

I disagree. Love him or hate him, what Johnny Manziel did last year was unprecedented.

Winston's doing better on pretty much every stat compared to where Manziel was at this point last year.

Yeah, they showed the stats after the game. Johnny Hypesman is a great college QB, but I'd take Winston over him and wouldn't even think twice about it. Winston also manages not to be a complete douchebag...something that has eluded Manziel.

Just give him a chance.

I don't see the luck in Winston's game. His game is together, not just throwing balls up and someone running under them. Pretty impressive kid in every aspect. Seems to be grounded. Jimbo feels he is. Can you imagine a game between Florida State and Oregon!!!!!!. I will have tickets for sure.

OSUtarget_medium.gif

Garbage. Crown of his helmet straight to the facemask.

Was this not called?

It was called and he was ejected.

I didn't see this over the weekend. Man, that is classic launching at a defenseless receiver. He lowers himself and leaps into the face mask area. I don't have a problem with those hits being eliminated from football.

Exactly. That's textbook of what NOT to do. There's not even any debating that call and ejection. That hit will be used in explanatory videos.