Todays upsets may help NU in BCS ranking.

While our schedule hasn't been the "toughest", our only loss has came from a (currently) top 10 UCLA team. They did lose to Stanford today, but I don't see them dropping out of the top 20. Here are today's upsets.

#5 FSU wins over Clemson #3- Clemson should drop #10-15, especially with how bad they lost.

NR Ole Miss upsets LSU- IMO, LSU drops, but stays top 15.

#24 Auburn Defeats #7 Texas A&M- Auburn jumps top 20, A&M drops to top 20.

#13 Stanford defeats #9 UCLA- Swap spots most likely?

NR Tennessee defeats #11 South Carolina- I think they drop out of the rankings.

#14 Mizzou defeats #22 Florida- Not really an "upset" as far as placement, but Florida drops off, Mizzou top 10.

NR Vanderbilt defeats #15 Georgia- I think, and they should drop out of top 25

NR Arizona State defeats #20 Washington- Drops out of ranking

NR UCF defeats #8 Louisville- IMO, they take the biggest hit and drop somewhere around #20.

With a lot of these teams being defeated by NR teams, and teams that are below, or slightly above .500 teams, I think we will fall around 20-23 in the AP, and possibly #19 by BCS. With us having 2 bye weeks already, it could hurt us, but we shall see!

Also... 9 upsets in a week, holy cow!

Were not ranked in the AP and #21 in the Coaches.

I believe we were #27, but with all the fallouts, I don't see any reason why we don't land somewhere in the 20th range.

We'll be lucky to crack the #25 in the AP simply because of our bye week. IMO.

Reasonable, and could hurt us. Its going to be tough to crack top 20 (AP), until we face Michigan and Michigan St. I am just really curious where we are in the BCS rankings. Should be decent. Decent to me is just being ranked lol.

Central Florida, Michigan, Arizona State, Notre Dame, and Michigan state get ranked, then we are #26 because it's the AP.

5-2 Arizona State over Nebraska? I don't think so, same with Notre Dame. I do see UM making their way in, and MSU, just because they only have one loss. UCF, their conference scheduling will leave them just shy of the rankings.

It's hard to tell these days how good a team really is. FSU looks like a world beater today, they could stink it up next week. From what I saw them do tonight I'm thinking maybe Bo should change his name to Jimbo. I think Minnesota showed they're not a pushover like many people thought they'd be and wins over Minn and NW would be more impressive to rankers than anyone we've beaten so far. FSU, Auburn, Stanford, Missouri and Baylor are big winners this week and we take a hit if UCLA gets beat two weeks in a row....I believe their next game is Oregon.

It's hard to tell these days how good a team really is. FSU looks like a world beater today, they could stink it up next week. From what I saw them do tonight I'm thinking maybe Bo should change his name to Jimbo. I think Minnesota showed they're not a pushover like many people thought they'd be and wins over Minn and NW would be more impressive to rankers than anyone we've beaten so far. FSU, Auburn, Stanford, Missouri and Baylor are big winners this week and we take a hit if UCLA gets beat two weeks in a row....I believe their next game is Oregon.

Prepare to take a hit....and likely more hits this season

NR Ole Miss upsets LSU- IMO, LSU drops, but stays top 15.

#24 Auburn Defeats #7 Texas A&M- Auburn jumps top 20, A&M drops to top 20.

NR Arizona State defeats #20 Washington- Drops out of ranking

NR UCF defeats #8 Louisville- IMO, they take the biggest hit and drop somewhere around #20.

Ole Miss, Auburn, ArizSt and UCF plus Wisconsin will probably jumped over Huskers' BCS slot. Five teams all received votes in Coaches poll. Thus, around #22--#24 my guess or worst scenario, dropped out of top 25. New Coaches poll likely unchanged for last week poll (#21)

Reminder: BCS Countdown Show - Sunday 7:30PM CT on ESPN

Jerry Palm's projected BCS standings