Are We Hungry?

I love college football. Every week is a playoff atmosphere. Yes, I was upset after our loss to UCLA but look at all the upsets that have happened the last two weeks. There are fans of these teams that are justified to be more upset than what we have endured this season.

OU loses to Texas...how does this happen this year with Mack one foot in the grave? :spooners

Stanford pisses away national championship hopes by losing to...wait for it...Utah! :wtf

Meechicken...4 OT and I can't believe they still lost that one. :funnyhahah

Georgia now has 3 losses. :flush

South Carolina loses again. Clowney meet Suh. :rickjames

Louisville blows it. :dunno

LSU. :tv

Clemson. What was that? :frenchy

Johnny Football. I prefer dos losses. :cheers

Teams like Washington and Northwestern were riding high but now :nutz

What I am saying is that those teams fans were probably just as angry as us after we went down in defeat. But we are not out of doing some great things this year. Are we hungry enough? Can we come together and get this thing done? We have some big games coming up. Actually, ALL OF THEM ARE BIG. We need to go into Feast Mode and win every next game. They are all there for the taking, errrr, eating. Hope is on the rise and we need to take it one game at a time. I am rooting for Bo and company to be in that BIG title game and wipe that smirk off of Meyer's face. Let's do this! Who's with me?!!

GBR

• Fire 3

Great question. And illustration. I think for us, there has been no better week to sit back and watch what you get if you're not hungry. We haven't been hungry in a long while, all we can do is hide and wait. Seriously, no team in the Big Twen is really very good. Yes Luckeyes I'm lookin at you. If we could get our sh#t together, this would be our conference to lose. But we won't. :leghump:

I am feeling pretty good this morning about the state of Husker football. And that's hasn't been the case much this season. Wyoming was the only low light of Saturday as they got crushed by a three-win Colorado State team. But really, there was a lot out there that told me about other team's weaknesses and usually, I am so dialed into Husker football I can't see those weaknesses. It was good that we weren't playing so that I had time to soak in all of the upsets and the supposed great teams that have some glaring faults of their own. Not that long ago, there were whispers that Dabo had proven to be a better hire for Clemson that what BO has been for Nebraska. Those people prob aren't feeling that way after FSU straight curb stopped the Tigers at their place.

Turning back to Nebraska, I am feeling like the defense is slowly going in the right direction. A corner has not been turned. But I think they are getting close to being a defense that can eliminate the big plays and throw a wrench into another team's mojo such that teams won't be able to go on long scoring runs on us. What the Blackshirts need now is s dose of confidence. Enter T-Mart. After listening to BO last week and having some time to chew on his comments, I really think that he did what was in the best interest of T-Mart and the team as a whole by sitting him with that injury. I really think he wants Taylor back at 100 percent so that the offense can do what we all hoped it would do.

Before I was thinkning that Bo was holding out Taylor because he had lost confidence in the guy. He wanted Tommy to take over. He wanted the future now. Taylor had failed for the last time or some such thought. I don't have that feeling anymore. I can't wait until next week. Taylor is going to come back and have a week to get himself back acclimated to game action and we are going to love it. Remember those runs he had against Mich St last year. They're coming again. And those read keeps are going to make our backs better and our receivers more open.

We are going to build momentum and the defense is going to feel a surge of confidence.

LET'S GO.

WE GOT THIS.

What Clemson did saturday night is no different than the crappy showings Nebraska's had the last few years in still trying to rebuild. Lights, big time stage. At home. Electric atmosphere, and a chance to show the whole country what youre finally about, and you come out, sh#t your pants and get run out of your own stadium. My perception of Clemson is that they are no closer to being ready for that elite big stage than Nebraska. They got sucked off all offseason cuz they squeeked out a win in the bowl against LSU, which could gone either way. We couldve just as easily squeeked out a win against Georgia based on as few as 1 play going a different way. It is what it is.

Dirk does make some good points, but why talk about this when we have one loss and have half the season to go? He just wants to stir up controversy and negativity. So what our track record isn't as strong as other teams? We knew what we were going to be dealt, a young defense that would have to learn in a hurry, and a pretty easy schedule.

So, does Dirk actually try to be a doosh, or does it just come naturally?

I know I know. It's not a reporter's job to be a sunshine pumper, but rather, be honest. But in his case, more times than not, he seems to go out of his way to stir the turd.

I actually think he is hitting the nail on the head.

Everyone is waiting around for a perfect season and perfect balance on offense and defense and with parity developing throughout most conferences, it might not be feasible for the Huskers.

It might be that nowadays, teams just need to be grittier and in some cases, luckier than those they play.

As Clyde said though, why bring this up now? Same with Barfneck's column on no more blackouts last week. These are guys are just trying to hard to find something bitchworthy with bye weeks and solid wins.