Ranking at end of season.

dbetz23

I am really glad we played Michigan rather than Iowa.  A better quality win and it just seems soooo sweet to beat the Big Blue.

:rollin:rollin Not me, I would have rather Iowa played NU. I could of gone to that game and NU would of been a sure W for Iowa. I'm afraid #16 Florida (essentially playing at home) will beat my Hawks.

We need an Iowa/NU series BIG TIME!! dedhoarse

CONGRATS ON BEATING MU!!

:bounce

I think that NU deserves to be somewhere between 20 - 23.....

But, I am concerned that we will not be ranked..... Actually, OU winning hurt our chances.... OU will remain ahead of us (which is logical and fair).... they will slide into the top 25.... Only 2 ranked teams have lost so far..... opening those 2 spots.... OU will take one.....

If Iowa happens to lose, that would help, but if they beat Florida, they stay ahead of NU.....

If a few teams ahead of us, especially lower ranked teams, then we definately move in, but unless teams lose, the media will NOT jump us over anyone who won...

WE DESERVE A TOP 25 RANKING, but as history goes, poeple like to keep NU down.... Oh well, we need to take care of business and not give the pollsters a choice.

I am really glad we played Michigan rather than Iowa.  A better quality win and it just seems soooo sweet to beat the Big Blue.

:rollin:rollin Not me, I would have rather Iowa played NU. I could of gone to that game and NU would of been a sure W for Iowa. I'm afraid #16 Florida (essentially playing at home) will beat my Hawks.

We need an Iowa/NU series BIG TIME!! dedhoarse

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>CONGRATS ON BEATING MU!!

</span>:bounce

did UM beat Iowa? Yes

did NU beat UM? Yes

would Iowa beat NU? No way.

Do you know why Nebraska is so windy?

Because Colorado blows and Iowa sucks

No doubt a 20-25 ranking would be nice, but lets face it, Nebraska is no darling according to most of the national media - which is truly unfortunate.

Either way, if we could slide into the top 25 in the preseaon then go out to L.A. and knock the Trojans off their horse, then enjoy some grilled Longhorn later in the year, we would deserve a high ranking.

Can't wait to see the Gators enjoying fried Hawkeye come Monday. Yes it would be nice to see NU/Iowa play every year but I believe as a Nebraska native and from sources I have in Iowa City, it's highly unlikely that will ever happen on a regular basis - too many legistics - i.e. Nebraska needs the home games; and already tough conference schedules for both teams.

Either way nice to see the Big Red knock off Michigan. One more step on the road to :restore2 !

GO BIG RED!!! :restore2

did UM beat Iowa?  Yes

did NU beat UM?  Yes

would Iowa beat NU?  No way.

Do you know why Nebraska is so windy? ..... blah blah blah

Grasshopper, let me stop laughing for a second.

Let's try your flawed---- team so and so beat so and so, we can beat so and so ---"logic".

dedhoarsededhoarse

did KSU beat KU? Yes

did KU beat NU? Yes

would KSU beat NU? yes per your logic.

did CU beat KU? Yes

did KU beat NU? Yes

would CU beat NU? yes per your logic.

did MU beat NU? Yes

did Baylor beat MU? Yes

would Baylor beat NU? yes per your logic.

You'd have to rewrite your wins to losses following your "logic".

Would Iowa beat NU? Yes :horns2

Do you know why Nebraska is so windy? Cuz it blows!! :rollin:rollin

Aren't opinions wonderful?? Mine is that Iowa would beat Ne, yours is the opposite. Welcome to the internet, and thanks for playing!! :horns2

did UM beat Iowa?  Yes

did NU beat UM?   Yes

would Iowa beat NU?  No way.

Do you know why Nebraska is so windy? ..... blah blah blah

Grasshopper, let me stop laughing for a second.

Let's try your flawed---- team so and so beat so and so, we can beat so and so ---"logic".

dedhoarsededhoarse

did KSU beat KU? Yes

did KU beat NU? Yes

would KSU beat NU? yes per your logic.

did CU beat KU? Yes

did KU beat NU? Yes

would CU beat NU? yes per your logic.

did MU beat NU? Yes

did Baylor beat MU? Yes

would Baylor beat NU? yes per your logic.

You'd have to rewrite your wins to losses following your "logic".

Would Iowa beat NU? Yes :horns2

Do you know why Nebraska is so windy? Cuz it blows!! :rollin:rollin

Aren't opinions wonderful?? Mine is that Iowa would beat Ne, yours is the opposite. Welcome to the internet, and thanks for playing!! :horns2

HMM

Did Iowa State beat Iowa .... Yes

Did Michigan Beat Iowa ... YES

Would Nebraska beat Iowa...............HELL YES

His logic seems fine to me. GBR

NU eyes jump into ratings

BY STEVEN M. SIPPLE / Lincoln Journal Star

Thursday, Dec 29, 2005 - 02:27:11 pm CST

Zac Taylor (13) gets a block from Nate Swift (87) at 13:44 of the first quarter. (William Lauer)

SAN ANTONIO – Nebraska football players and coaches faced a welcome dilemma Thursday morning, trying to put into perspective the significance of their last two victories of the 2005 season.

Cortney Grixby, a sophomore cornerback, might have said it best as the Huskers filed out of the team’s downtown hotel in the wake of Wednesday night’s 32-28 Alamo Bowl triumph over Michigan on national television.

“The Colorado win restored the order in the Big 12 North,” Grixby said of Nebraska’s 30-3 triumph Nov. 25 in Boulder. “This win gave us the respect of the nation. Both were big wins. We’re just excited for next year.”

Nebraska head coach Bill Callahan said the Alamo Bowl victory represented “another step forward” for the program.

“I think that’s the key, especially doing it on a national stage,” he said, emphasizing the positive impact the win could have for the state of Nebraska and for recruiting prospects.

“We talked as a team during bowl preparation about how this would be a barometer for our team to see where we’re at and where we’re headed,” Callahan said. “This was a pivotal win for us.”

Nebraska players burgeoned with confidence at the thought of no fewer than 22 players with starting experience – 10 on defense, 11 on offense and the place-kicker – returning for 2006.

After finishing this season with an 8-4 record, Nebraska figures to jump into the national rankings early next month for the first time since the end of the 2003 season.

Following a 17-3 triumph over Michigan State in the 2003 Alamo Bowl, the Huskers were No. 19 in the Associated Press poll and No. 18 in the coaches’ rankings.

Until its recent surge, Nebraska essentially faded from the national radar screen thanks in large part to a 5-6 record in 2004.

“We just want to earn our respect back,” Grixby said. “We want the nation to see that we’re Nebraska, and we’re trying to get it back to where it’s been.”

Michigan (7-5) was a preseason pick to capture the Big Ten and rose as high as No. 3 in national rankings in September.

Because of Michigan’s status as a tradition-rich gridiron power, Wednesday’s victory felt even more satisfying than the Colorado win, said Nebraska true freshman defensive end Zach Potter.

“It just proves we can play with pretty much anybody, at least when we’re on our game,” he said.

Said Husker junior defensive end Jay Moore: “This win is going to catapult us. We’re just going to hit the ground running for next year.”

Moore likes the mix of veteran leaders and young players set to contribute next season. Nebraska returns starting quarterback Zac Taylor, five of its top six receivers and three of its top four rushers.

Of course, the big loss is senior I-back Cory Ross, who led the team in rushing (883 yards) and was second with 43 receptions.

Meanwhile, the middle of Nebraska’s defense gets hit hard by graduation, as the Huskers lose starting interior linemen Le Kevin Smith and Titus Adams and safeties Blake Tiedtke and Daniel Bullocks.

Callahan placed the safety positions atop his list of areas of need, especially the development of depth.

Junior Andrew Shanle, a strong safety, enjoyed a solid month of bowl practices, said safeties coach Bill Busch. Sophomore cornerback Tierre Green practiced at free safety during the first couple weeks of bowl preparations and did an “excellent job,” Busch said.

Ashlee Palmer, a junior college transfer in the 2006 recruiting class, and incoming freshman Corey Young of Millard North also may compete for playing time.

At this time last year, Busch noted, virtually nobody anticipated Tiedtke taking over as a starter at free safety.

“Someone will emerge at that spot,” Busch said.

Because of its wealth of returning talent, coupled with confidence generated from season-ending success, Nebraska can go back to thinking of BCS bowls, Potter said.

There’s no question the Huskers’ three-game winning streak – they began the surge Nov. 12 with a home win against Kansas State – has players thinking big for the future.

“We’re trying to get back to the Big 12 championship and the national championship,” Grixby said.

Briefly

Nebraska coaches will hit the recruiting trail starting Jan. 2, once an NCAA-mandated “dead period” ends. “Right now, we can call (prospects) one time a week, so you do a lot of e-mailing and text-messaging this time of year,” Busch said.

Because Colorado blows and Iowa sucks

:rollin:rollin:rollin That's hilarious I would have to agree with you there.

However I do think Iowa will take it to Florida and come away with a win once again.

Would I like to see Iowa and Nebraska play...............HELL YA!!!

Because once we won the Iowa fans would be quiet for a little bit!!! And I emphasize little!!! :wacko: