\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

TA can scramble and make them pay. One big gain, and Minny will back off. Minny has no respect for TM's running ability.

Which explains why they're targeting Martinez on the Option and letting Abdullah out there free for huge gains. Because they have no respect for Taylor.

That makes perfect sense.

The option worked twice. Then Minny stuffed it.

You're perfectly correct to be displeased about this game. But when you're inaccurate like this, you're not being displeased, you're making stuff up. You need to go back and watch how many times Ameer got huge gains on the option again. It was more than twice.

This program really needs two guys... Scott Frost and Christian Peter... If you don't like CP just watch his pump up video on YouTube. Tired of our gray (almost pink) shirts on defense.

Seriously - no. Just stop.

You can't hire all the 1990s players as coaches and expect the magic to come back. We have to stop with this.

• Fire 1

The problem, as my brother points out, is that our coach (coaches) is stubborn. He makes a plan (Martinez) and if it goes wrong, he just stays with it to prove some kind of point... not sure what the point is, but this stubbornness is just awful.

99% of Huskerland and Lou F-ing Holz can see that Martinez is a liability, but he'll play the whole game.

Titanic.

TA can scramble and make them pay. One big gain, and Minny will back off. Minny has no respect for TM's running ability.

Which explains why they're targeting Martinez on the Option and letting Abdullah out there free for huge gains. Because they have no respect for Taylor.

That makes perfect sense.

Hm, I think that might be a combination of blocking and playcalling. Certainly Taylor hasn't shown that he can take off at all today (not his fault). And they can't just send everyone out there at the start of the play, because it might be a run up the middle.

[quote name=knapplc' timestamp='1382809705

Amen knapp

' post='1248451]

This program really needs two guys... Scott Frost and Christian Peter... If you don't like CP just watch his pump up video on YouTube. Tired of our gray (almost pink) shirts on defense.

You can't hire all the 1990s players as coaches and expect the magic to come back. We have to stop with this.

Oh nevermind. I flipped out prematurely. Bo said they just need to execute and they'll make adjustments for all these "wrinkles" minny is throwing at them that they apparently did not anticipate. One question; what the fuuck were they doing in practice for the last two weeks?

I'm done with Bo and the other two stooges. I am now prepared for a few years of getting worse before it gets better again. I've resisted it because it is so damaging but this is unacceptable. I look forward to the excuses from the apologizers. They'll get real technical and talk about angles and eye position and one high or two high safety bullsh#t. I don't give a f#*k. We suck and play like we don't care. Fairweather this Bo.

Have you seen Oregon play offense? Frost was also in charge of recruiting at least some of the talent they have now.

TM still doesn't have wheels. TA needs to be unless TM has his wheels and can bust the big runs. That said, he's not getting any help out there. He needs better blocking. Bell has to make that catch. Beck has to quit with the repeated dink pass plays.

D has to get it together.

This always frustrates me. Yes, Beck runs some screens. But the reason we see so many short throws is because Taylor prefers short throws. The OC calls in the play, but he doesn't execute it. If I'm remembering properly, that 7 yard loss on the swing pass to Abdullah was a 3WR set. Abdullah went to the flat on his route, Taylor turns that way, the LB sucks toward Abdullah just as Westerkamp snaps back on his hook route in a wide open gap in the zone. But Taylor throws a flat ball and he knows it, so he's naturally afraid of trying to fit the ball past the defend (much easier if you've got some touch to your throws). So he goes for the easy completion to Abdullah, ignoring that there are already two defenders closing on him as he throws it.

I've watched that every Saturday in the fall for 4 years, and I'm just sick of it at this point.