The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

ive been reading this thread for the last few days and ive come away kinda confused....

what i gather is for whatever reason or another nebraska could never find a (top notch) coach from the pro's, college, Division III etc.... that would be willing to come here and turn things around...... whats with this??

At least part of the problem is you're not asking a coach to come in here and turn things around. He should be able to come in and win 10 games his first year and not look back from there.

A new coach would have to turn things around. In case no one noticed, the defense is always out on the field, giving up tons of yards and big plays and touchdowns and points. They miss a lot of one arm tackles. The DLine does not put pressure on the QB. The defense does not look difficult to move the ball against. They do not play physical, aggressive and fast. They are stuck on their assignments and get pushed around. Meanwhile the offense goes through several ruts and fails to move the ball against equal opponents. Throw in the high amount of penalties, fumbles, interceptions. Even the punt returner has to fair catch the punt instead of trying to make a play. This team plays below average on the road. This team has often been challenged at home. And the coaching staff look chaotic on the sidelines when they are shouting and arguing with each other and the refs. Even at the players sometimes. So look no further than at the head coach. 5 out of 6 years. This team is 54-22 under Pelini. 71% winning, nearly 30% losing. 10 wins you say? Heck 6-7 wins a year are basically automatic with the talent and the cream puff scheduling. When the teams we play are equal or better, we lose more than we win. So toss out that 9 win bench mark because it's not the case the past 10 years including Callahan. Unless there are 13 to 14 games, sure 10 wins isn't too much to ask. Unless you want a fan base to enjoy their Saturday's antiquing instead of Husker football. :-)

I don't think you are understanding or you are using a different term for what we are talking about. While I am not going to argue with you on what you said about either side of the football, we aren't looking for a coach to come in here and "win ten games a year." We have that with Bo. Hes won ten games three times in 5 seasons. It appears that the fans want more than what Bo is currently able to give. So if he is fired you are looking for a coach that can not only consistantly win 10 games a year but get to winning 11,12, and 13 games a year. If you don't get that from the next head coach, firing Bo was a waste of time and money. My feelings are that this said candidate is not going to want to be at a place like Nebraska with the expectations where they are and the built in disadvantages that make this job harder than other places that would give said candidate 1) closer proximaty to HS talent 2) a longer leash 3) a place where they will never be in the shadow of two legends.

And the coaching staff look chaotic on the sidelines when they are shouting and arguing with each other and the refs.

My personal favorite this year is when the coaches got into a shoving match with each other in the middle of a game. It was the South Carolina coaches.

I enjoyed that too. Way more than Pelini and Papuchis against Illinois.

sure 10 wins isn't too much to ask

I agree.....now let's see the resumes flow in.

Great. Unless you think there is no coach alive that could possibly go 9-4 or 10-4 in a more competitive fashion. Or gosh, maybe even better.

It is not that we don't think that, there are coaches today that do that obviously. But would they come here?

around and around we go......... i dont know about you guys but im getting dizzy.....

sooo..... what if Bo wins all the remaining games and then wins a bowl (or loses? does it matter)?? keeps his job only for the same thing to happen again next year....

i think whom ever comes in (if Bo gets fired) will know the score... nebraska fans, boosters, Clarence Thomas, gabrielle union, the guys from 311 and everyone else are pissed! i wouldnt expect miracles though

The guys from 311 haven't been the same since the "Blue" album...

i never thought about it but i know they are from omaha... do they get a lot of love in nebraska??

I don't know, thats a good question...

In a picture in one of their live albums, they're all wearing Husker jersey's with "311" on the jerseys, which I thought was pretty dope...

ive been reading this thread for the last few days and ive come away kinda confused....

what i gather is for whatever reason or another nebraska could never find a (top notch) coach from the pro's, college, Division III etc.... that would be willing to come here and turn things around...... whats with this??

At least part of the problem is you're not asking a coach to come in here and turn things around. He should be able to come in and win 10 games his first year and not look back from there.

A new coach would have to turn things around. In case no one noticed, the defense is always out on the field, giving up tons of yards and big plays and touchdowns and points. They miss a lot of one arm tackles. The DLine does not put pressure on the QB. The defense does not look difficult to move the ball against. They do not play physical, aggressive and fast. They are stuck on their assignments and get pushed around. Meanwhile the offense goes through several ruts and fails to move the ball against equal opponents. Throw in the high amount of penalties, fumbles, interceptions. Even the punt returner has to fair catch the punt instead of trying to make a play. This team plays below average on the road. This team has often been challenged at home. And the coaching staff look chaotic on the sidelines when they are shouting and arguing with each other and the refs. Even at the players sometimes. So look no further than at the head coach. 5 out of 6 years. This team is 54-22 under Pelini. 71% winning, nearly 30% losing. 10 wins you say? Heck 6-7 wins a year are basically automatic with the talent and the cream puff scheduling. When the teams we play are equal or better, we lose more than we win. So toss out that 9 win bench mark because it's not the case the past 10 years including Callahan. Unless there are 13 to 14 games, sure 10 wins isn't too much to ask. Unless you want a fan base to enjoy their Saturday's antiquing instead of Husker football. :-)

I don't think you are understanding or you are using a different term for what we are talking about. While I am not going to argue with you on what you said about either side of the football, we aren't looking for a coach to come in here and "win ten games a year." We have that with Bo. Hes won ten games three times in 5 seasons. It appears that the fans want more than what Bo is currently able to give. So if he is fired you are looking for a coach that can not only consistantly win 10 games a year but get to winning 11,12, and 13 games a year. If you don't get that from the next head coach, firing Bo was a waste of time and money. My feelings are that this said candidate is not going to want to be at a place like Nebraska with the expectations where they are and the built in disadvantages that make this job harder than other places that would give said candidate 1) closer proximaty to HS talent 2) a longer leash 3) a place where they will never be in the shadow of two legends.

I understand. I'm not looking at a certain number of wins. My real beef with this staff, which starts with Bo, is that the competitiveness on the field is not consistent. The players are talented but do not play to their potential or above it at times. I happen to believe a different coach could take this program and produce similar success with closer games instead of lopsided loses. One that can adjust to the strengths of the players. I do agree with you and others that it could be a tough sell to come here. I cannot argue that. But it's not a hopeless sell. I hope the expectations are not limited to a certain number of wins, but how you play on the field for 60 minutes. I think the Huskers could be a perennial top 15 type of program. And that it is possible that someone else is the man do take us there. Since I do not know who that could possibly be, I need to keep my mouth shut and ride it out. Yall can figure it out better than me.

sure 10 wins isn't too much to ask

I agree.....now let's see the resumes flow in.

Great. Unless you think there is no coach alive that could possibly go 9-4 or 10-4 in a more competitive fashion. Or gosh, maybe even better.

It is not that we don't think that, there are coaches today that do that obviously. But would they come here?

My best answer? I don't know. The Husker brand has been fading unfortunately.