An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

My pretty solid source says that Taylor didnt come out about the injury (whatever it was after reading this) until he was basically confronted with a "what's your problem?" after the UCLA game. And Bo and Beck's demeanor in interviews at that time and such pretty much reiterated that theory. Beck saying things like "he has to be 100%". "This is about the team. he cant be selfish" and Bo saying things like "he has to be able to plant his foot and go". I dont believe one second Bo made Taylor play with broken toes. i dont disagree with the part about saying turf toe was just easier.

Regardless, Taylor is not 100% and cant really run right now. Without that threat, he's not even #3 on the depth chart. Time to move on.

Agreed. If he's not 100% then put Kellogg or Armstrong in.

• Fire 1

I've heard the argument that Martinez has lost the rest of the team. I asked a question a few weeks ago that nobody seemed to be able to answer, that would clear up whether the team thinks of Taylor as a leader. When Martinez was sitting out, was he in the sideline huddles? Was he talking to the rest of the O, coaching them up and encouraging them? That seems like something a QB worthy of starting should be doing.

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 38m
    Said Pelini: "This game comes down to blocking and tackling. We didn't do either very well." #Huskers

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 39m
    Yes, Minnesota threw some wrinkles at #Huskers 'D,' but "it wasn't anything mind-boggling," Pelini said.

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 41m
    Bo Pelini says defense got pushed around and had "way too many breakdowns." #Huskers

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 41m
    Taylor Martinez said "every time I push off (on left foot), it feels like there's a shock." #Huskers

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 42m
    Martinez says he thought there would be a rotation at QB. But the game got close, he said ... #Huskers

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 43m
    Martinez is not 100 percent, he said. His left shoulder also is ailing. Foot and shoulder were injured against Wyoming, he said. #Huskers

Expand

sip_normal.jpgSteven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 44m
    Taylor Martinez says it's not turf toe. It's his second and third toes that are hurt. Fractured? "I'm not going to say," he said. #Huskers

Expand

Wasn't there a rumor a certain player kicked something and broke some bones in their foot? I suppose it could have been Martinez, huh? Makes sense to me... but playing somebody in that condition? Why??? And if TM is telling the coaches he is 100% when he is not, then who here is telling the truth? Lots of questions and weird stuff going on.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan

6m

Most interesting thing we learned in the post game today was Taylor Martinez has "more than turf toe" and is not at 100 percent.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan5m

He wouldn't go into his injury, but said it's the two toes next to his big toe and it happened vs. Wyoming. Also still bothered by shoulder.

Then what the f#*k was he playing for then? At worst, why wasnt he subbed at halftime, when it was clearly obvious of such. This is the most obvious and disappointing display of incompetence by Bo and staff in his six years here. Time to clean the whole damn house out. I'm dun with this sh#t.

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked. What has this staff done to make you think they are being forthcoming with injury information? This also all but confirms that the coaching staff was passive aggressively calling out Taylor for not being honest with him about his condition.

I, and others, have stated that he will not be 100% this year and that it wasn't "just" turf toe. Not surprising - Bo hitched his wagon to Taylor and now he gets to deal with the consequences.

If this is true, I think we totally blew it by playing Taylor, but I also don't think the coaches are stupid. Unless Taylor's health situation changes dramatically, I'd have to think that this mistake won't be repeated again. I'd like to see an announcement made early on that we're going with Tommy and Ron and preparing with those two for the next game right away.

My pretty solid source says that Taylor didnt come out about the injury (whatever it was after reading this) until he was basically confronted with a "what's your problem?" after the UCLA game. And Bo and Beck's demeanor in interviews at that time and such pretty much reiterated that theory. Beck saying things like "he has to be 100%". "This is about the team. he cant be selfish" and Bo saying things like "he has to be able to plant his foot and go". I dont believe one second Bo made Taylor play with broken toes. i dont disagree with the part about saying turf toe was just easier.

Regardless, Taylor is not 100% and cant really run right now. Without that threat, he's not even #3 on the depth chart. Time to move on.

Yep, said it to my dad 20 minutes after UCLA game and heard the coaches words about Taylor.

Then said in a thread this week I thought coaches were "teaching Taylor a lesson" about hiding injuries. If he's not 100% and they'll still play him and he was just getting sacked throwing for 3.0 ypc etc....

What is going on??

What the f#*k is going on???

I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked. What has this staff done to make you think they are being forthcoming with injury information? This also all but confirms that the coaching staff was passive aggressively calling out Taylor for not being honest with him about his condition.

I, and others, have stated that he will not be 100% this year and that it wasn't "just" turf toe. Not surprising - Bo hitched his wagon to Taylor and now he gets to deal with the consequences.

AMEN!

Hey may not be 100% right now, but he can run. He showed that in the 3rd quarter. But that was the first designed QB keep of the game, and they never ran any read option. If they're not going to run him, then put the backups in. But I do think he's capable of running the ball right now, and they just didn't do it.