42 Years a Nebraska Fan and...

T_O_Bull

Yup, 42 years. Longer than a lot of you have been alive. I came home from Viet Nam in 1971 just in time for The Game of the Century and became a solid rather than sometime member of Husker Nation. This is the first time in all that time that I have been embarrassed to wear a Husker cap, shirt or jacket on a Sunday after a game. Its not just Peleni, its a lot of things. Beck and Pap as OC and DC are in way over their heads. The S and C coach is stealing his salary. Not sure TO was a lot of help as AD other than to stabilize the program and get rid of Callahan. ( That is the first negative comment I have ever said about Ozzie.) The value of the walk on program, and I don't think it has been fully restored, has to do with young men who really want to be Nebraska Football Players and bring with them the fire and desire and the knowledge of Nebraska Traditions that were then passed on to those that came from other parts of the country. I once sat in the bar of the Holiday Inn in Winona, MN with Boyd Epley. We sat there for about 2 hours and talked Husker football. He told me that we had a lot of Nebraska kids playing on our lines because they were recruited based on bone structure because the coaching staff knew the S&C Program could build them into great All American players. The two lines we had one the field yesterday don't have a single person that even comes close to that description. The blame for the players rests squarely on their dedication to live up to what it means to be a Husker football player. Do I sound like I'm pissed off, well it should because I am. T_O_B

• Fire 8

Yup, 42 years. Longer than a lot of you have been alive. I came home from Viet Nam in 1971 just in time for The Game of the Century and became a solid rather than sometime member of Husker Nation. This is the first time in all that time that I have been embarrassed to wear a Husker cap, shirt or jacket on a Sunday after a game. Its not just Peleni, its a lot of things. Beck and Pap as OC and DC are in way over their heads. The S and C coach is stealing his salary. Not sure TO was a lot of help as AD other than to stabilize the program and get rid of Callahan. ( That is the first negative comment I have ever said about Ozzie.) The value of the walk on program, and I don't think it has been fully restored, has to do with young men who really want to be Nebraska Football Players and bring with them the fire and desire and the knowledge of Nebraska Traditions that were then passed on to those that came from other parts of the country. I once sat in the bar of the Holiday Inn in Winona, MN with Boyd Epley. We sat there for about 2 hours and talked Husker football. He told me that we had a lot of Nebraska kids playing on our lines because they were recruited based on bone structure because the coaching staff knew the S&C Program could build them into great All American players. The two lines we had one the field yesterday don't have a single person that even comes close to that description. The blame for the players rests squarely on their dedication to live up to what it means to be a Husker football player. Do I sound like I'm pissed off, well it should because I am. T_O_B

You were not first embarrassed during the Callahan years?

Reading TO's statement, everyone has gotten a bit short sighted.

Is this as bad as the Clownahan regime? I would think not. During his time here, he managed to smash records that had stood longer than many on this board had been alive. Are things bad, yeah, they're definitely not good, but no where near the level that Clownahan had lowered this program to...

If you have nothing nice to say . . .

Say it louder than everyone else.

Here goes.

We are and have been the most self entitled, arrogant, and over-expectant fans in history. Yes, we got lightning in a bottle twice and it lasted decades.

Now, we are likely facing another season with three or four losses and in meltdown mode?

Come on. We have already fired one coach for similar reasons. I fear greatly the results of doing so again. If the worst we have to deal with is a few more nine win seasons before we break through . . .

Well ninety percent of teams would trade places with us.

Total entitlement. And we are owed nothing, yet demand BCS level games.

I am all for changes, and to see some big moves, but I really think it is premature to toss a HC with Bo's record. I also understand the argument for the quality of losses, but that is, in part, why we are here. Not letting the Oklahoma's of the world take over, remember?

HolyJeebus

• Fire 4

Here goes.

We are and have been the most self entitled, arrogant, and over-expectant fans in history. Yes, we got lightning in a bottle twice and it lasted decades.

Now, we are likely facing another season with three or four losses and in meltdown mode?

Come on. We have already fired one coach for similar reasons. I fear greatly the results of doing so again. If the worst we have to deal with is a few more nine win seasons before we break through . . .

I am all for changes, and to see some big moves, but I really think it is premature to toss a HC with Bo's record. I also understand the argument for the quality of losses, but that is, in part, why we are here. Not letting the Oklahoma's of the world take over, remember?

HolyJeebus

The WNBA needs to increase their fanbase, maybe you could lend a hand?

• Fire 2

Here goes.

HolyJeebus

1. It's not the losses it's how we're losing. We are being embarrassed by good teams and struggling with mediocre ones.

2. It's the recurrence if not increase of fundamental mistakes each season. If there was some hint of progress, you might hang on. But if things haven't completely stagnated, they are going downhill. If you extrapolate Bo out another 4-5 years there is zero reason to believe the program will be any better off than it is today and likely much worse.

Callahan was fired after 4 years remember, also a year after he went to the conference championship, Bo's been here six and most likely will not have a chance to win one until his 7th year. Not for firing Bo just yet, but circumstances are different. The talent level is lower and the coaching is probably better currently, but we need to even that out.

Reading TO's statement, everyone has gotten a bit short sighted.

Is this as bad as the Clownahan regime? I would think not. During his time here, he managed to smash records that had stood longer than many on this board had been alive. Are things bad, yeah, they're definitely not good, but no where near the level that Clownahan had lowered this program to...

....right, because the callahan era is the guage.

eye-roll1.gif

• Fire 1