42 Years a Nebraska Fan and...

T_O_Bull

Reading TO's statement, everyone has gotten a bit short sighted.

Is this as bad as the Clownahan regime? I would think not. During his time here, he managed to smash records that had stood longer than many on this board had been alive. Are things bad, yeah, they're definitely not good, but no where near the level that Clownahan had lowered this program to...

....right, because the callahan era is the guage.

then you tell me, what is the gauge??

I don't have answers but I will say that once an argument for keeping a coach is based on "It's not as bad as the callahan era" then we have a problems.

Then why chastize me for using the Callahan era as the lowest point this programs been while I've been alive?

If you don't have the answer, then why fire the shot?

Is this as bad as the Clownahan regime? I would think not. During his time here, he managed to smash records that had stood longer than many on this board had been alive. Are things bad, yeah, they're definitely not good, but no where near the level that Clownahan had lowered this program to...

I don't have answers but I will say that once an argument for keeping a coach is based on "It's not as bad as the callahan era" then we have a problems.

That wouldn't be my point for keeping Pelini. In order for any possible next coach to better Pelini, he'd have to win the B10 title in his first season. Pelini has already won 9 games plus the division.

Then why chastize me for using the Callahan era as the lowest point this programs been while I've been alive?

If you don't have the answer, then why fire the shot?

Because.... like I just said said.......

The lowest point of the program IS NOT the guage. I was trying to be humble.... if you're looking for answers, Fire Bo. Theres your answer.

The lowest point of the program IS NOT the guage. I was being humble.... if you're looking for answers, Fire Bo. Theres your answer.

I never said the Clownahan era was the gauge, you did... I said that it was the lowest point this program has been in my lifetime...

If you don't have answers, don't berate somebody for an opinion, then if asked to explain yourself, don't have an answer yourself...

The lowest point of the program IS NOT the guage. I was being humble.... if you're looking for answers, Fire Bo. Theres your answer.

I never said the Clownahan era was the gauge, you did... I said that it was the lowest point this program has been in my lifetime...

If you don't have answers, don't berate somebody for an opinion, then if asked to explain yourself, don't have an answer yourself...

relax bro. my response was in no way shape or form berating you. Your original comment suggests heavily that you think the Callahan era is the guage, whether you meant that or not. I don't have a problem with you, simply discussing. be easy, friend.

relax bro. my response was in no way shape or form berating you. Your original comment suggests heavily that you think the Callahan era is the guage, whether you meant that or not. I don't have a problem with you, simply discussing. be easy, friend.

I'm prefectly relaxed, just had some pizza, i'm chilling...

• Fire 1

tumblr_inline_mp0a2rhNuT1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mp0a2rhNuT1qz4rgp.gif

nice...

That wouldn't be my point for keeping Pelini. In order for any possible next coach to better Pelini, he'd have to win the B10 title in his first season. Pelini has already won 9 games plus the division.

More discipline, better fundamentals, more leadership (from players and coaches), better focus and competitiveness thru 4 quarters week in and week out would be an encouraging improvement, even if it didn't immediately lead to a championship. Most of us are smart enough to see whether or not a product is improving without simply hanging it all on particular numbers of wins (assuming the number of wins doesn't take a nosedive in the process).

Tough to look past TO's hire of Bo, plus Solich

Did you just touch the untouchable? The list wouldn't be complete without adding the high praise and recommendation Pud got as well from TO. If TO would have just let $ Byrne do his job, we'd be in a much better place. Dang, now I've just touched the untouchable as well.

Every Saturday one or more teams will come out fired up, focused and ready to execute a strategic game plan, and they will upset a team with better talent and a higher paid coach.

Every Saturday, all season this happens.

But Nebraska is never the former and typically the latter.

In other words, I'll swallow a Minnesota loss and tip my hat to the Gophers if Nebraska pulls it together and beats a couple modestly ranked Big 10 teams and/or bowl opponent.

It sounds crazy for a decades long-fan to say this, but right now Nebraska just needs to look like it can hang with the Top 25 teams. That's not too much for the fanbase to expect, right?