Props and Flops, NW edition

C N Red

Props to team today. Great win and feel great for them. Feel good for the always team first RK3. A memory he will get to keep and relive forever. Great he gets this experience before graduating. Props to defense, really pulled together for final 3 quarters to give our offense a chance. Props to husker audio personnel. Great new music to keep fans intrigued. Still need something special to start 4th quarter though. Drum show isnt cutting it. Btw, was some sort of back in black remix played one time when defense was on the field? It sounded pretty cool but didnt notice til right at end of it so not sure if that was the song or not.

Flops, mainly turnovers and anemic offense. Our oline is hurting bad. Pelini and Pensick cannot play at same time. They gave their hearts and cant ask for more, but i'm worried about the oline going forward. Damn injuries. Flop on the WRs again. Catch the damn ball!! And finally, flop the Westerstache. Cut it man, you scored, you can shave now. Its a bad look for him and most people. Saw alot of horrible staches in stands today too. Come on guys!!

Out.

The offense is very concerning. Then, you stand back and take a look at it. Backup qb('s) (thought it's been under debate), back up O lineman at 2 of 5 spots, and for some time today, it was 3 when Sirles was out for a few plays.. Technically the #2 TE. 2 of top 3 WR's out. Let's just call it as it is. We're pretty much playing with a #2 offense right now. Gotta get some things done. But the defense was absolutely incredible after NW's third drive. Confidence, swagger, pride.

• Fire 1

Props to team today. Great win and feel great for them. Feel good for the always team first RK3. A memory he will get to keep and relive forever. Great he gets this experience before graduating. Props to defense, really pulled together for final 3 quarters to give our offense a chance. Props to husker audio personnel. Great new music to keep fans intrigued. Still need something special to start 4th quarter though. Drum show isnt cutting it. Btw, was some sort of back in black remix played one time when defense was on the field? It sounded pretty cool but didnt notice til right at end of it so not sure if that was the song or not.

Flops, mainly turnovers and anemic offense. Our oline is hurting bad. Pelini and Pensick cannot play at same time. They gave their hearts and cant ask for more, but i'm worried about the oline going forward. Damn injuries. Flop on the WRs again. Catch the damn ball!! And finally, flop the Westerstache. Cut it man, you scored, you can shave now. Its a bad look for him and most people. Saw alot of horrible staches in stands today too. Come on guys!!

Out.

you-monster-how-dare-you-thumb.jpg

• Fire 3

The offense is very concerning. Then, you stand back and take a look at it. Backup qb('s) (thought it's been under debate), back up O lineman at 2 of 5 spots, and for some time today, it was 3 when Sirles was out for a few plays.. Technically the #2 TE. 2 of top 3 WR's out. Let's just call it as it is. We're pretty much playing with a #2 offense right now. Gotta get some things done. But the defense was absolutely incredible after NW's third drive. Confidence, swagger, pride.

The thing I will give the offense credit for is moving the chains a bit, even when it didn't lead to scoring. The offense moved the ball enough for the defense to not have a short field all the time. And I think it's fun to watch when Armstrong does that fake pitch to get the defender to bite or freeze.

The thing I will give the offense credit for is moving the chains a bit, even when it didn't lead to scoring. The offense moved the ball enough for the defense to not have a short field all the time. And I think it's fun to watch when Armstrong does that fake pitch to get the defender to bite or freeze.

Youre right. 400 yards prior to the hail mary drive. We moved the ball but couldnt finish drives. But also, we had some bullsh#t nitpicky blocking fouls called on us in the 4th quarter that killed a couple drives, all while NW was holding our edge all damned day. I just dont understand why the relevant holding penalties cant be called. Then of course, Tommy just needs to get settled and manage. Oh but is he ever a thing of beauty on that option. I still dont know how we can go back to Taylor. Tommy, regardless of the mistakes, and RK3 as well, just seem to be in such control of everything out there.

• Fire 1

Youre right. 400 yards prior to the hail mary drive. We moved the ball but couldnt finish drives. But also, we had some bullsh#t nitpicky blocking fouls called on us in the 4th quarter that killed a couple drives, all while NW was holding our edge all damned day. I just dont understand why the relevant holding penalties cant be called. Then of course, Tommy just needs to get settled and manage. Oh but is he ever a thing of beauty on that option. I still dont know how we can go back to Taylor. Tommy, regardless of the mistakes, and RK3 as well, just seem to be in such control of everything out there.

Pelini was asked in the post game presser. I don't remember exactly how he said it, but indicated we'll stay how we are now. Those penalties were frustrating because they kept putting us just out of FG range, but still forced Northwestern to drive a longer field (unlike 3Q UCLA). Sustaining drives is of great help to the defense and if we can manage to start converting a few more into points, we'll be fine. And I couldn't be more excited for what I think this DL is going to be capable of in the very near future. The effort of Gregory, Moss and Valentine is going to continue to develop into production.

I gotta say though, and yes, I know NW was trotting out a borderline MASH unit on offense too, but the defense time and time again made stops-11 possessions in a row-WHEN THEY HAD TO. Early on to keep us in the game, and then throughout to keep it tied. And then when it appeared when we gift wrapped if for 'em, and nearly everyone in stadium including myself, was calling for us to just let them score the td to save the time and timeouts, I'll be go to hell if they dont bow their necks and stop em again. Not saying there aint still problems from an X's and O's standpoint, but I saw some very encouraging things on a mental side.

Out.

FOR SHAME!!!!

One more quick prop from today as evidence of progress on improved recruiting. We now have two DEs that have a pick 6 on the season......Gregory and Moss. We have better size on the interior line and better athleticism with these ends.

There are few things more beautiful than watching a Husker D lineman return a pick for a TD.

Out.

I think his moustache is quite sexy-don't cut it! He wears it well!