Bo Pelini is Urban Meyer's DC in 2014?

Sorry here, but why would a successful program with a top coach, take a fired/leaving head coach that has really not shown much on the defensive side of the ball for a couple of years. It makes no sense. If Bo were fired, or left, he would be going back to the pros as position coach, with a path to DC in the future. If he leaves Nebraska, I do not feel there is any chance he would be hired by any college in the BCS ranks. Too much baggage, be it right or wrong.

We just need to worry about beating Michigan, then worry about the next game, and the next.

Ahaha....

Oh wait you were serious.

Hahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahah

• Fire 1

Sorry here, but why would a successful program with a top coach, take a fired/leaving head coach that has really not shown much on the defensive side of the ball for a couple of years. It makes no sense. If Bo were fired, or left, he would be going back to the pros as position coach, with a path to DC in the future. If he leaves Nebraska, I do not feel there is any chance he would be hired by any college in the BCS ranks. Too much baggage, be it right or wrong.

We just need to worry about beating Michigan, then worry about the next game, and the next.

That's exactly why I think I could see something like that happening. What top program is going to hire Bo as their head coach? It's also his alma mater and a much lower pressure gig being a DC there than it is being the head coach here. Instant recruiting advantage and upgrade at his disposal as well. I don't think the idea of this happening is as far out there as others seem to think.

That's exactly why I think I could see something like that happening. What top program is going to hire Bo as their head coach? It's also his alma mater and a much lower pressure gig being a DC there than it is being the head coach here. I don't think the idea of this happening is as far out there as others seem to think.

You are first assuming that a head coaching change is made. Which is more than likely not going to happen.

That's exactly why I think I could see something like that happening. What top program is going to hire Bo as their head coach? It's also his alma mater and a much lower pressure gig being a DC there than it is being the head coach here. I don't think the idea of this happening is as far out there as others seem to think.

You are first assuming that a head coaching change is made. Which is more than likely not going to happen.

That's the million dollar question isn't it. Lots of things could happen before this season is said and done.

That's the million dollar question isn't it. Lots of things could happen before this season is said and done.

With the potential shown on defense and the amount of injuries we have on offense there is no way Bo gets fired.

With the potential shown on defense and the amount of injuries we have on offense there is no way Bo gets fired.

We'll see. When it comes to Bo Pelini I'm not betting against him not getting fired I can tell you that much and if he doesn't then he's here next year and his seat will be even hotter. I don't see any big turnaround coming next year either.

You think there's a chance of changes in middle management?

If it happens, it will be a lot like when Watson and Gilmore were asked to seek employment elsewhere in my opinion. Bo is a very loyal guy and in between Iowa and the bowl game will be very interesting to say the least.

People are really off their rocker if they think Bo will be gone after the season. And to suggest that he wouldn't get a D1 job either is just plain dumb. There have been a lot of worse coaches that have gotten jobs at other schools after being fired from another.

If it happens, it will be a lot like when Watson and Gilmore were asked to seek employment elsewhere in my opinion. Bo is a very loyal guy and in between Iowa and the bowl game will be very interesting to say the least.

Especially when we beat Ohio State and win the Big Ten :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

People are really off their rocker if they think Bo will be gone after the season. And to suggest that he wouldn't get a D1 job either is just plain dumb. There have been a lot of worse coaches that have gotten jobs at other schools after being fired from another.

A week ago, Bo's ouster was a foregone conclusion. Is a tipped Hail Mary the only difference between calling for his head and being off their rocker for thinking so? There's still a lot of football left to be played.

• Fire 2

A week ago, Bo's ouster was a foregone conclusion. Is a tipped Hail Mary the only difference between calling for his head and being off their rocker for thinking so? There's still a lot of football left to be played.

By a bunch of people on message boards and social media. No where did SE come out and say we are going to replace Bo because he lost to Minn. and because he only wins 9-10 games a year. I do think we see some middle management changes like EZ had said earlier.

Well, that's still to be determined. I would like to know how you 100% truley believe that we will not go 0-4 in the last four games. Cuz if that happens, he's dun. We cant deny that. Now, I dont think that'll happen. I really dont. I'm leaning on 3-1, 2-2 at worst. I believe we'll still get to that 9 wins, which would be decent considering the amount of youth there is, and the trials and tribulations that the offense has suddenly had to endure. But if the wheels dont come off, seeing him wind up at Ohio St as a DC, with an opportunity to take over the HC job in 2-5 years when Urban gets sick again, would not surprise me whatsoever. We know Bo already tried for the OSU HC job, and that he wants to be back there, and I cant blame him one bit. It's his alma mater, AND his home state. If he has any feelings for that programs whatsoever, there should be no one that can blame him one bit.

In other words, yes, i could see this happening and would not be shocked. But I dont think it will.