Has our defense improved in the last two games?

Hayseed

We are loaded with young talent at LB. Let's not forget that we also have guys like Courtney Love and Marcus Newby sitting on our bench with RS on. The future is very bright on defense and I am very excited to see what our unit could be next year. Hopefully we can win out and get to Indy. That would be a dose of experience that would really benefit our young guns.

No one questions the young front 7 going forward, but what about the secondary next year?

We are loaded with young talent at LB. Let's not forget that we also have guys like Courtney Love and Marcus Newby sitting on our bench with RS on. The future is very bright on defense and I am very excited to see what our unit could be next year. Hopefully we can win out and get to Indy. That would be a dose of experience that would really benefit our young guns.

No one questions the young front 7 going forward, but what about the secondary next year?

Corey Cooper is just a junior and Leroy Alexander is just a freshman. Both have played a ton this year and I see them as our safeties going forward. CJax needs to find a home. I would like to give a shout out to PaulCrewe as he was always a fan of CJax at CB and I now believe that CJax should be a CB as well. Jonathon Rose is a name that you'll hear a lot of and at times in practice he has been our best player in the secondary. The issue with him is that he plays too risky at CB and is prone to getting burned on double moves from what I have heard. Joshua Mitchell is also just a junior. We have heard very good things about Daniel Davie and hopefully he sees the field down the stretch here.

I do however expect to see a few JUCO corners popping up here in November and December.

It's been talked about how Banderas spent a lot of time with Will Compton over the offseason to get a head start on the mental part of the game and it shows. The guys just seems to be a little more dialed in than everyone else.

I would agree, but Bando does seem a half step behind at times or shows some hesitation even though he's where he should be. he shows a lot of promise and based on what i've seen, Santos shouldn't be taking any snaps from him.

I really think he has a TON of potential and will eventually be a HUGE playmaker later on in his career. What is everyone's thoughts on Gerry. He played a lot early, but now doesn't see the field much. anybody have any info?

It's been talked about how Banderas spent a lot of time with Will Compton over the offseason to get a head start on the mental part of the game and it shows. The guys just seems to be a little more dialed in than everyone else.

I would agree, but Bando does seem a half step behind at times or shows some hesitation even though he's where he should be. he shows a lot of promise and based on what i've seen, Santos shouldn't be taking any snaps from him.

I really think he has a TON of potential and will eventually be a HUGE playmaker later on in his career. What is everyone's thoughts on Gerry. He played a lot early, but now doesn't see the field much. anybody have any info?

No info here, but our LB depth is going to be scary good here the next few years and I forgot all about Gerry.

I really hope we move Gerry back to Safety. He's done a good job at LB this year but I think we have other guys to fill those spots and I don't think any of our Safeties have played as well as we need them to. Could really use a guy who can close like he can back there, IMO. Either that or he slides over to fill Evans spot at Nickel which wouldn't be bad either. Other than that, we only lose Green at Safety so not much will be different. DMagic, here we come!

At corner, Mitchell is pretty decent. He's gotten burned a couple times but also made some good plays. He doesn't seem to get thrown at a lot which is surprising considering how well SJB has played. After him, we're hoping Rose or Davie steps up so definitely a question mark. Joseph is out there and possibly CJax back to CB???

I really hope we move Gerry back to Safety. He's done a good job at LB this year but I think we have other guys to fill those spots and I don't think any of our Safeties have played as well as we need them to. Could really use a guy who can close like he can back there, IMO. Either that or he slides over to fill Evans spot at Nickel which wouldn't be bad either. Other than that, we only lose Green at Safety so not much will be different. DMagic, here we come!

At corner, Mitchell is pretty decent. He's gotten burned a couple times but also made some good plays. He doesn't seem to get thrown at a lot which is surprising considering how well SJB has played. After him, we're hoping Rose or Davie steps up so definitely a question mark. Joseph is out there and possibly CJax back to CB???

I like the idea of CJax back to CB. Didnt think about Gerry in the nickel. I think CJax would be a great Nickelback as well because of his tackling ability.

Kind of like Bando - played a lot early, then was out of the rotation for a game or two but has played more the last couple games. Quite a bit of playing time lately but just hasn't made a lot of plays (nor missed many plays, for that matter).

I like the idea of CJax back to CB. Didnt think about Gerry in the nickel. I think CJax would be a great Nickelback as well because of his tackling ability.

I hadn't thought about Gerry in the Nickel until just as I was typing that. But he has the speed and likes to hit so it might be a good fit. I still think we need some play-makers at Safety, which is why I'd like to see Gerry back there. I'm not impressed with Cooper (too slow, imo) or HJax. Alexander has looked OK in the chances he's gotten and maybe Singleton will develop.

I hadn't thought about Gerry in the Nickel until just as I was typing that. But he has the speed and likes to hit so it might be a good fit. I still think we need some play-makers at Safety, which is why I'd like to see Gerry back there. I'm not impressed with Cooper (too slow, imo) or HJax. Alexander has looked OK in the chances he's gotten and maybe Singleton will develop.

probably depends on how much bigger Gerry gets. he seems a little undersized a LB now yet doesn't exactly play a ton of coverage either. When he was recruited, i thought he was supposed to be a safety/ nickel back but basically came into camp with an extra 20lbs of muscle or something crazy....if i were to guess, i'd say he would stay at LB, especially if we are going to play more 3 -4 and face spread offenses.

probably depends on how much bigger Gerry gets. he seems a little undersized a LB now yet doesn't exactly play a ton of coverage either. When he was recruited, i thought he was supposed to be a safety/ nickel back but basically came into camp with an extra 20lbs of muscle or something crazy....if i were to guess, i'd say he would stay at LB, especially if we are going to play more 3 -4 and face spread offenses.

Might be a little undersized but only 10-15 lbs from several of our other LBs so not that bad. It would be interesting to see how we might play a 3-4 but I would think the OLBs would be more hybrid DEs (like Gregory) than undersized LBs like Gerry. Maybe one of each against teams that spread it out more.

Might be a little undersized but only 10-15 lbs from several of our other LBs so not that bad. It would be interesting to see how we might play a 3-4 but I would think the OLBs would be more hybrid DEs (like Gregory) than undersized LBs like Gerry. Maybe one of each against teams that spread it out more.

I just think about what our front 7 will look like next year without randle and ankrah. should be something like moss, gregory, curry? valentine, bando, gerry, santos, rose.... should be very good athletically without any "chosen" seniors that never lose their job.