Is it just me or is Michigan State not THAT good...

I agree that turnover battle is #1, but the run game is #2. If Abdullah gets going and busts some big ones then MSU will have to play a lot less aggressive in defending the option and that opens things up a lot for TA. If MSU's run game gets going then Nebraska's D is going to be battling uphill on TOP which is how we typically like to dictate games.

Agreed. I think the other big thing about this game will be timing of penalties and then which team connects when a receiver gets open deep. I think NU really needs to hit the TE on a couple long throws to get MSU's safeties thinking instead of always coming downhill against the run. MSU needs to hit Fowler the same way.

There's a pro/con to MSU's passing attack. Nobody particularly stands out, but by that same reason it makes it hard for defenses to key in on one person. We've had multiple games where we target 9+ receivers. Fowler is the #1 guy though, if he has a big game then it will really open up the run.

And this is what you should truly be worrying about. Your Defense yes is scary good, but is your offense going to be able to put up points against a defense that has made huge strides in the past couple of weeks?

I think we're capable of putting up 20-27 depending on how it goes. With TA's TD/INT ratio I could also see a defensive score or short fields leading to scores. I think it depends on how much the NU O has its way. MSU's offense is not built to come back from large deficits, it's built to chew clock.

I think what's capable, and what is really going to happen, is two different things. I see you guys ending up with between 13-17 points, and the rest falls on your defense whether or not you win this game...

I think we're capable of putting up 20-27 depending on how it goes. With TA's TD/INT ratio I could also see a defensive score or short fields leading to scores. I think it depends on how much the NU O has its way. MSU's offense is not built to come back from large deficits, it's built to chew clock.

He runs the ball, too. Just sayin. Dude runs the crap out of the option and that's something that some teams, even good ones, don't know what to do with.

Although if Tim Beck strikes again on Saturday, TA will put the ball up 53 times and we'll get blown out 3-0.

• Fire 2

For what it's worth, I have to give SpartanMacks some props for the discussions. They have been fun to read without any douche baggery going on; thanks!

I made the mistake of visiting some MSU forums the past few days, and the arrogance on there is ridiculous. According to what I've read over there, the Huskers may as well not even show up for the game.

For what it's worth, I have to give SpartanMacks some props for the discussions. They have been fun to read without any douche baggery going on; thanks!

I made the mistake of visiting some MSU forums the past few days, and the arrogance on there is ridiculous. According to what I've read over there, the Huskers may as well not even show up for the game.

This might be the Huskers best advantage. MSU seems overly cocky coming into this game, while NU has had a number of humbling experiences throughout the season.

I agree that turnover battle is #1, but the run game is #2. If Abdullah gets going and busts some big ones then MSU will have to play a lot less aggressive in defending the option and that opens things up a lot for TA. If MSU's run game gets going then Nebraska's D is going to be battling uphill on TOP which is how we typically like to dictate games.

Has MSU faced any option this season? I've watched some MSU games and haven't seen a single option play run against their defense. Since option is a classic counter to blitzes, I'm excited to see if NU challenges the blitz with speed and lead options. Ameer could really hurt them on the edges with some good option calls. Also throwing to Ameer in the flats may be effective. Denicos Allen has the speed to get outside with Ameer, but Bullough and the other LB (forgot his name) don't look to have the lateral quickness.

Allen is the best defender for MSU, IMO. That guy tackles well, takes on blockers, and has good speed. Hopefully NU can get into the right play calls to take advantage when Allen blitzes.

The arrogance of the MSU fans, or the Nebraska fans?

Sorry, the MSU fans. They seem to think they've already got the game won. And when a Husker fan hops on to disagree, he's torn a new one.

It's just sports team y fans vs. sports team x fans. Happens every week of every year over every issue and never changes.

Husker fans think MSU fans are arrogant because they've never beaten us in the past and we traditionally have been better than they have.

MSU fans think Husker fans are arrogant because our current team right now isn't that great but we still have a top-dog mentality, and thus far this season they are better than we are on the football field.

The game will be played and everyone will be wrong to a certain extent.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

I know what you mean, the MSU offense has been continually improving every game aside from that blip against Purdue. . . . i'm willing to dismiss it as an abberation . . .

People love to pull up the Indiana game and us giving up 28 points as proof that we struggled against the only good offense we played. I just want to refute that through a couple of points.

3rd play of the game was a 64 yard TD run by Coleman who was untouched. After that play, we held Indiana to 28 yards on 26 carries. We make adjustments.

(MSU's run defense looks better if you don't include the long runs in the stats.)

I'm not trying to make excuses, but . . .

The Purdue game was bad, i'll be the first to admit that. But it was clearly an abberration . . .

Well, shucks. MSU might be the best team in the country. ;)

Michigan state is going to load the box and run blitz the hell out of our O-line. Tommy must make some great throws to loosen up the defense and force the safeties to play honest, or we will be in for a long day. He will have to play the best game of his short career for NU to win. We will not be able to win by running the ball 70% of the game.

@ Carlfense

My point was not to discount the long run, it was to point out that we're good at making adjustments. At no point did I try to say that it was a fluke or make excuses for the fact that it happened.

Also, please enlighten me as to how "the Purdue game was an aberration" equates to me saying that MSU is the best team in the country.