Ross Els

Ratt Mhule

I asked the question in the game thread because honestly I didn't know. Who is our special teams coach? So I looked it up and apparently Ross Els is our linebackers coach/special teams coordinator/recruiting coordinator. How is one guy supposed to do so many things a year? Keep him at linebackers coach and recruiting coordinator and give someone else the duties of special teams. I honestly feel bad for the guy being asked to do so many things.

Good point. Cuz he's certainly failing in 1 of those for sure. Jeebus. Junior High teams have more competent punt return units than us. It's reach the laughable point.

That's why we need someone that can concentrate solely on special teams. Not someone that already has a million things he has to do.

I don't remember who I was speaking to last year about Ross Els and his duties, but I stated that Ross Els has WAY too many duties. I don't want to see this guy gone, because our recruiting has been good, our LB play has been good, but you can only do so much. I STRONGLY believe that we don't need a "TE's" coach, and Barney should be in charge of Special Teams. If he can't do it, which is obvious by his OL coaching, then we need to get a coach who can. Stai or Ganz would be great to give a coaching job to, and I think this position would be a great fit for either of them.

Special Teams are terrible, time for a change there and on offense...............still don't know about the defense though.

Who on offense do you fire? Brown: No. Fischer: Hell no. Garrison: I think today proved he's a good coach with all the injuries on the line, so no. Cotton: what does he even do anyways? Possibly.

It's not like the linebackers or recruiting are any great shakes either

(waits for the "your an idiot! Lol our recruiting has hidden gems!!!111!" reply)

Ranked 17 by Rivals last year. Its not terrible by any means.

It ain't translating to tangible success

-conference championships

-at large BCS berths

-less than 4 losses a year, 3 of which are of the embarrassing variety

See any of those in Nebraska's future? I have my doubts.

Good point. Cuz he's certainly failing in 1 of those for sure. Jeebus. Junior High teams have more competent punt return units than us. It's reach the laughable point.

Our kick-off returns are garbage too. I hate the way we block them. It's like we don't want to hurt anyone from the other team or something.