2014 Starting Quarterback

Oddly enough, and this should be enough in its own right to make Stanton the automatic starter next year:

Taylor Martinez started 5-0 as a starter and lost his 6th game.

Tommy Armstrong started 5-0 as a starter and lost his 6th game.

THE RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY!

And you never see them in the room together at the same time.

And their first name both start with a T

Johnny or Tommy I just hope the best guy get's it with no regard to age years in program etc.

And I hope we have coaches who are smart enough to rep rep the plays we'll call and NOT call plays to QB weaknesses.

Re rFr Tommy....he can't see the field, throws a ton of bad balls, usually pitches late, pitches typically are off target, never houses it, and he fumbles.

So...if next year looks like this year, give me Johnny all the way.

Well, that's enough for me. STANTON STANTON STANTON!

TA will be something special down the road, and every one of you will learn that, some a little slower than others. IMO.

I will bet you 5 whole dollars that Stanton is the starter by the end of next season.

Seriously. Remember this post. If I am wrong. I will send you 5 dollars.

However. If you are wrong, and Tommy gets benched for Stanton, I expect 5 dollars.

Deal?

i was hoping we weren't going to go full retard...

I laughed.

Johnny's going to be just a redshirt freshman with no game experience next year.

Two fine young men, going to be a hell of a battle. Look forward to it.

Sugar Stanton's ceiling is nothing to sneeze at. I for one, am all Kool-Aid on this guy. The interesting part about it is that i'm big on him for reasons that have been lacking around this place for quite some time. I really think he is going to be that rock, dependable, consistent force that we need. Listen, they don't call this guy Johnny Tebow for nothing. Tebow did a hell of a lot more than start his freshman year. Nothing that TA has done convinces me that he deserves the reigns outright next year.

For what it's worth.... Johnny basically got #1 at that elite eleven camp. He was literally the top guy every single day until he dipped out to go play a 7 on 7 that he arranged prior. Trent Dilfer was in love with him... Thought the most out of him out of all the guys it seemed like to me. Penn State's current QB, Christian Hackenberg was definitely behind Johnny. It would be kind of ignorant of us to not give stanton a serious serious serious look... not that any of us are implying we shouldnt.

ohyeah2qg9.gif

Fresh QB, no one expected (the staff IMO) to see any meaningful snaps at QB this year, Martinez goes down and the crap factor goes up. Martinez did not improve because of the staff, he improved on his own with Calhoun. If we could ever find an identity that plays to his and the teams strengths he will be fine. He also played a patchwork OL, injured receivers etc.... Probably has had no real time to practice as it appeared the coaches were splitting reps with him and RKIII.

TA will be something special down the road, and every one of you will learn that, some a little slower than others. IMO.

I will bet you 5 whole dollars that Stanton is the starter by the end of next season.

However. If you are wrong, and Tommy gets benched for Stanton, I expect 5 dollars.

Deal?

Write it down and don't forget it. Is this barring injury or no ?

I laughed.

Johnny's going to be just a redshirt freshman with no game experience next year.

Sugar Stanton's ceiling is nothing to sneeze at. I for one, am all Kool-Aid on this guy. The interesting part about it is that i'm big on him for reasons that have been lacking around this place for quite some time. I really think he is going to be that rock, dependable, consistent force that we need. Listen, they don't call this guy Johnny Tebow for nothing. Tebow did a hell of a lot more than start his freshman year.

ohyeah2qg9.gif

Tebow became the University of Florida Gators' starting quarterback during the 2007 season when he became the first college sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy.

Deal?

Write it down and don't forget it. Is this barring injury or no ?

andrebride.jpg

No injuries. No rocks. No swords. Skill and skill alone.

Nobody, yeah, I'm pretty high on Stanton too. I think most of us are expecting (and have been) a really interesting battle for the spot in the offseason.

lo country, that's not entirely fair. Martinez has grown within this offense over the years. He's improved in his fundamentals with Calhoun because he arrived here with so much work to do in that area. They went to fix his footwork and motion and all of that because it was unorthodox to start with.

Deal?

Add me in on this. Anyone wants to bet me I'll take Stanton.

I laughed.

Sugar Stanton's ceiling is nothing to sneeze at. I for one, am all Kool-Aid on this guy. The interesting part about it is that i'm big on him for reasons that have been lacking around this place for quite some time. I really think he is going to be that rock, dependable, consistent force that we need. Listen, they don't call this guy Johnny Tebow for nothing. Tebow did a hell of a lot more than start his freshman year.

ohyeah2qg9.gif

Tebow became the University of Florida Gators' starting quarterback during the 2007 season when he became the first college sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy.

Whoops... I forgot that they had Chris Leak also for that title run in 2006.