lets talk about officials

Just off of the top of my head so I'll miss many....

1 yard too long spot for msu on 3rd down...crazy easy wrong spot...correct spot would have been 50 50

Dennard interfered on Quincy

Punt block in the back not called

2 grounding calls not called. One... was a maybe (he was NOT out of tackle box but was close)...one was a total cheat 100 percent obvious (which lead to punt on 1...fumble...TD msu. And understand...grounding calls are huge they usually are 15 yards after penalty loss of down and from the spot...

If I watch the replay ( I won't) I know I'll find 3 more I just forgot them now. Someone chime in and fill my misses.

I don't think the ball ever broke the plane, but the MSU player was definitely standing on the goal line when he touched the ball.

I don't the rule but I sure that made it a touchback. But they showed it several times and the announcers never made mention of it. And Bo didn't seem to do anything, so maybe it was OK.

Bo said in the postgame presser he didn't have a good look at it, and the guys in the booth looking at the replay said it would be tough to overturn. Basically said whatever call they made on the field would stand - inconclusive either way.

Either it's a legal play or we need some new booth guys because the guy was clearly standing on the goal line when he touched the ball and downed it. I'm thinking it must be ok because I can't imagine that if they knew it wasn't legal they thought it wouldn't be overturned. It would have been every bit as overwhelming at SJB's almost interception.

On the fake field goal, does anyone else see the ball come loose at the end of the play, and Gregory comes up with it?

I'm surprised they didn't even give it a second look.

I saw it. 44 got the ball well after play was dead. So..move on. Plenty of other low hanging fruit. BTW 44 is a he^^ of a player. Good try.

The spot on the third down pass might have been one of the worst I've seen all year long. Isn't a spot challengable? I thought it was interesting that even though the announcers commented on the spot, they never showed it again in slow motion (if at all, I can't remember for certain). They also shorted Ameer on the other sideline on a run towards the stick, it looked like the stepped out right at the marker but they spotted him a yard back. I don't think that one actually ended up making a difference but it was still another bad one.

The spot on the third down pass might have been one of the worst I've seen all year long. Isn't a spot challengable? I thought it was interesting that even though the announcers commented on the spot, they never showed it again in slow motion (if at all, I can't remember for certain). They also shorted Ameer on the other sideline on a run towards the stick, it looked like the stepped out right at the marker but they spotted him a yard back. I don't think that one actually ended up making a difference but it was still another bad one.

Yes a spot can be challenged. And Bo the idiot never trys and wins one.

BTW...any time you play a PAC 12 team you will get no end of bad spots (watch serious non con games next year you will see it easy and somewhat inline Wiscy got the "treatment" this year at ASU

Ok I remembered another huge one for 7 points.

Punt fumble...ref blew the whistle BEFORE msu recovery. By RULE there can be NO turnover after the whistle. Period. But...not today ;)

The rule is something about the fact that the fumble recovery was in the same motion as the end of the play or something. I questioned it in the game thread because I thought they couldn't review a down by contact fumble.

Punt fumble...ref blew the whistle BEFORE msu recovery. By RULE there can be NO turnover after the whistle. Period. But...not today ;)

The rule is something about the fact that the fumble recovery was in the same motion as the end of the play or something. I questioned it in the game thread because I thought they couldn't review a down by contact fumble.

Like I said..simple...whistle blows..end of play. the end. get it? the end. It is not possible by rules to recover a fumble after a whistle. Get it?

Like I said..simple...whistle blows..end of play. the end. get it? the end. It is not possible by rules to recover a fumble after a whistle. Get it?

I'm 100% with you. Whistle is blown, that's the end of the play, anything that happens after means nothing. That was how it was explained to me in the game thread.