Damn proud of this team

Oh how sweet......I love feel good stories. I hope they make a Disney movie about Nebraska Football the last few years. You know, where we lose games, but in the end we all learn something that makes us better people.....in the end making us all winners. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. Of course, Bo in a Disney movie? How will they deal with the audio tape and the sideline stuff? Hmmmm........either way, just feeling the pride right now. The only thing better than winning, is losing but learning from it. As you can see, we have learned from our losses. We never lose the same way twice that's for sure. It's always something different.

......We turned it over an inordinate amount of times........... We just shot ourselves in the foot with the crap turnovers.

I can't stand turnovers, especially deep down NU territory. It reminds me of 2009 Iowa State game. :steam:grr:steam

But I'm proud of Nebraska "M.A.S.H." Cornhuskers after Wolverines/Spartans games. Especially defense crew, much improved week by week, and AA. I love blitzing attack.

Injuries list:

Quarterback

At least 3 OL's

Tight End

Turner

Fro (nagging)

and some more ...

However I'm somewhat disappointment for Enunwa performance.

I apologize if this thread has already been started or duplicated, but after a loss like this I was compelled to say this.

I am damn proud of this team and here's why-

We turned it over an inordinate amount of times.

YET- we were in it till the end...

We had the gameplan in place, our defense knew what they were doing. At the end of the day, our players did not make the plays. Whether that means not making the tackle (which was great btw, this defense is growing each week... WHICH I LOVE), or making the right read on offense (which we did, is it just me or could they not stop us up the middle?).

I guess the whole point of this post is that this was a great game for this team. I know we lost at home, however, this was the best team we've played all year besides UCLA. I've warned on these boards that we shouldn't take the NW and MU game to our heads as both of those teams had problems of their own.

But I am damn proud of this team. Those talking about QB change are out of their minds. If we don't turn the ball over this is a close game or we win going away.

MSU is a good team with a great defense and we proved you can move the ball on them on the ground. We just shot ourselves in the foot with the crap turnovers.

GBR!

We were clearly the better team yesterday.

We turned the ball over 5 times. We were competitive throughout the game which was great but by no means were we the better team. At points in the 3rd / 4th quarter we were just chucking the balll up and getting pass interference calls to move the ball. MSU made critical 3rd and long conversions to keep drives alive. I admit we played better as a whole yesterday but there is still a long ways to go.

5 turnovers committed by young players.

Newby FR Fumble

Westercamp RS FR Fumble

Armstrong RS FR Interception

Armstrong RS FR Fumble

Armstrong RS FR Fumble

all deep in NU territory

And all of those players are playing BECAUSE......we failed to recruit worth a crap and had no one else but freshman to play after injury. We are Solich part 2 right now. Decent starters and little depth.

5 turnovers committed by young players.

Newby FR Fumble

Westercamp RS FR Fumble

Armstrong RS FR Interception

Armstrong RS FR Fumble

Armstrong RS FR Fumble

all deep in NU territory

And all of those players are playing BECAUSE......we failed to recruit worth a crap and had no one else but freshman to play after injury. We are Solich part 2 right now. Decent starters and little depth.

tumblr_lpe5vdLPtz1qfnac5o1_500.gif

Hate to watch our Huskers lose, especially when it is a game they could have so clearly won. However, this game left me optimistic for this team. The defense missed a couple (leaving a SJB Int and maybe two Ankrah picks) on the field, but played hard for the third game in a row. All upside for them. And against the #1 rushing defense and with a MASH OLine, AA and Cross were able to move the ball. Even against there two shutdown corners, TA was able to find some success (of course he was appart of 4 TOs).

Bo's scheme and the atheletes on the field match up nicely against MSU. I have heard others say, we won in even facet of that game, except TO and the final score. This is how I feel. Hard fought game, and even though we lost, damn proud of our Huskers.