Putting the 9 wins debate to bed

Firstoff you left off this year so I'll let you google where this class is currently ranked. Furthermore Tressel was the coach at Ohio State for 10 years (2001 to 2010) yet you selectively chose to pick only a (random) 5 year span somehow... Tressel was responsible for signing two classes that are ranked in the top 10 all time recruiting classes ever signed http://collegefootba...asp?CID=1239402 but hey if you think he can't recruit better than old Bo than more power to ya big guy!!! Never mind also the fact that the guy won 6 Big 10 Championships, had a W-L record of 94–22 (.810) and had a 4–3 mark in BCS bowl games not to mention winning the National Championship in 2002. Remember what BCS bowl games were like? I'll let you google those cause it's been a bit.

Having said all of this he'll never coach here. It's interesting conversation though.

Of course you'd want to use our class rank right now to support your agenda against Pelini. A class that is barely half full and more than two months still to go until NSD. A class that Sean Callahan also said should be in the top 20 again. But by all means, use the ranking RIGHT NOW to support your stance because in two months you won't be able to...

Key word being 'should' but had you read the previous post it was more a commentary on comparing the two (Tressel vs Pelini) when it came to recruiting. Also you can relax young grasshopper because Bo's not going anywhere.

Firstoff you left off this year so I'll let you google where this class is currently ranked. Furthermore Tressel was the coach at Ohio State for 10 years (2001 to 2010) yet you selectively chose to pick only a (random) 5 year span somehow... Tressel was responsible for signing two classes that are ranked in the top 10 all time recruiting classes ever signed http://collegefootba...asp?CID=1239402 but hey if you think he can't recruit better than old Bo than more power to ya big guy!!! Never mind also the fact that the guy won 6 Big 10 Championships, had a W-L record of 94–22 (.810) and had a 4–3 mark in BCS bowl games not to mention winning the National Championship in 2002. Remember what BCS bowl games were like? I'll let you google those cause it's been a bit.

Having said all of this he'll never coach here. It's interesting conversation though.

Of course you'd want to use our class rank right now to support your agenda against Pelini. A class that is barely half full and more than two months still to go until NSD. A class that Sean Callahan also said should be in the top 20 again. But by all means, use the ranking RIGHT NOW to support your stance because in two months you won't be able to...

Key word being 'should' but had you read the previous post it was more a commentary on comparing the two (Tressel vs Pelini) when it came to recruiting. Also you can relax young grasshopper because Bo's not going anywhere.

I finally got a straight answer at least. Bo sucks at recruiting because the services say so. Which is fine for people to think.

Ehhhhh maybe.

There are way too many things that point that he's not very good at running the entire yet still is a great X's and O's guy. And how a coach at any level in the FBS thinks is cool to eschew recruiting, especially after inheriting a 5-7 team is beyond explanation.

Human beings make mistakes. Its how we learn from those mistakes that make us the people we are. It seems he is fixing the recruiting problems he had at the beginning of his tenure. Better now then never.

Except, out of all of Bill Callahans faults, he got good guys. And he did it with crappier facilities than Bo has. Solich too.

I finally got a straight answer at least. Bo sucks at recruiting because the services say so. Which is fine for people to think.

Well e-z let's leave the services out of it then. Let's just say for argument's sake Nebraska does indeed have good players across the board. How would you argue then where the program is today after 6 years of Pelini's recruiting classes? It's slowly going downhill. Final ranking for Nebraska 2010: #20, Final ranking 2011: 24th. Final ranking 2012: #25. Right now, 2013 with 2 games left: Unranked...

Well e-z let's leave the services out of it then. Let's just say for argument's sake Nebraska does indeed have good players across the board. How would you argue then where the program is today after 6 years of Pelini's recruiting classes? It's slowly going downhill. Final ranking for Nebraska 2010: #20, Final ranking 2011: 24th. Final ranking 2012: #25. Right now, 2013 with 2 games left: Unranked...

Too bad those rankings reflect the recruiting classes 3-4 years before that year.

Except, out of all of Bill Callahans faults, he got good guys. And he did it with crappier facilities than Bo has. Solich too.

Callahan also had a pretty big chip that Pelini doesn't - head coach in the NFL, coached in a Super bowl. I'm sure that was a monster pitch to some recruits saying look - I know what it takes to get to the NFL and I can get you there.

Recruiting hasn't been a big concern for me during the Pelini years. We've held our own and, personally, under-achieved with some of the talent we had here. But, that just goes back to coaching. And as I've been saying for awhile, that's pretty much what we signed up for with Pelini. The likelihood of growing pains with a first ever head coach. We all probably thought the pieces would've come together a bit sooner and they just haven't.

You're right. It's all Callahan's fault.

Wow.....

Not even shocked actually.

Who said that? The posters that frequent the recruiting section and have subscriptions to recruiting services have said in this thread and others that the '09 and '10 classes were not very good at all and those are the juniors and seniors playing now. Thats all on Pelini but he is also fixing that problem.

You do realize that you don't recruit this 2014 class to play next year right? Unless you are bringing in only JUCO kids. As previously noted, the DL class of 2010 was a fail and we in no way brought in the players that we needed to in order to compete. Also previously stated, the last 3 classes it is very hard to find much wrong with. Even the last part of the 2010 class was pretty solid.

Wow.....

What we are seeing is now is a lack of quality juniors and seniors, especially on defense, which is a result of poor recruiting classes Bo's first few years. The recruiting has improved, but you won't see the improvement on the field until next year at the earliest.

Wow.....

What we are seeing is now is a lack of quality juniors and seniors, especially on defense, which is a result of poor recruiting classes Bo's first few years. The recruiting has improved, but you won't see the improvement on the field until next year at the earliest.

Hey, just because you paraphrased my post two posts above doesn't mean you don't have to cite your work. That is plagiarism and Im gonna report you :D

Wow.....

Hey, just because you paraphrased my post two posts above doesn't mean you don't have to cite your work. That is plagiarism and Im gonna report you :D

Hey, I was typing my reply at the same time you were. Get off my back. :P

Ehhhhh maybe.

There are way too many things that point that he's not very good at running the entire yet still is a great X's and O's guy. And how a coach at any level in the FBS thinks is cool to eschew recruiting, especially after inheriting a 5-7 team is beyond explanation.

Human beings make mistakes. Its how we learn from those mistakes that make us the people we are. It seems he is fixing the recruiting problems he had at the beginning of his tenure. Better now then never.

But doesn't that make it a wash...

Callahan got better guys, and didn't do anything with them...

Bo doesn't recruit well, but has managed to be able to do something with what he had...

You might have the best materials, but they aren't any good if you don't have the hands to use them...