Armstrong owning up to his mistakes

I don't know why, but there is something that keeps me interested in this kid. Some of his mistakes so far have been mental, while some have just been simple negligence. The kid is humble, and quite honestly, a stand up man. Here is an article written by Hail Varsity. A text from Cross to Tommy shows how close this team might actually be.

After the game, running back Imani Cross sent Armstrong a text reading: “No matter if you’re a quarterback who throws 100 touchdowns and zero interceptions or you don’t throw any touchdowns and 100 interceptions, I’m still going to trust you.”

“That touched me a lot,” Armstrong said. “(It) told me that, no matter what the outcome of the games are, my teammates have my back.”

“That touched me a lot,” Armstrong said. “(It) told me that, no matter what the outcome of the games are, my teammates have my back.”

Quote from Pelini

“At the end of the day, my job is to win football games. That’s my approach. I’m not changing my approach regardless of what situation we’re in,” he said.

I hope this kid can start to play some sound football.

I like him too. Really hope he figures it out and succeeds. He has a swagger and smoothness that you can't teach. Throws a nice ball, has some wiggle, and seems to have the right mindset. He just needs to learn to make some better decisions with the ball. Though, to be honest, QB fumbles are part and parcel of the option game.

I think Tommy would excel as a QB in a power-run offense running some bootleg play action out of the I-Formation with a run/pass option. A man can dream . . .

I like him too. Really hope he figures it out and succeeds. He has a swagger and smoothness that you can't teach. Throws a nice ball, has some wiggle, and seems to have the right mindset. He just needs to learn to make some better decisions with the ball. Though, to be honest, QB fumbles are part and parcel of the option game.

I think Tommy would excel as a QB in a power-run offense running some bootleg play action out of the I-Formation with a run/pass option. A man can dream . . .

That we can do, DREAM lol.

I think Tommy has a lot of great intangibles, but it seems that his accuracy has plummeted since his High School year. He isn't the fastest of kids, but the kid isn't afraid to lay some wood! He just needs to calm down and become more comfortable. He is often off key with his WR's. This is happening at home, so crowd noise can't be an excuse. Him and Kenny have a huge timing difference. Of course these guys are all use to Taylor and his method, so that can be a part of it as well. I just want this kid to succeed. Not just because I want to win, but because he fits the part of NU football.

I like him too. Really hope he figures it out and succeeds. He has a swagger and smoothness that you can't teach.

This is why I think a lot of Husker fans are so enamored with him or at least some people are anyway. His 'swagger'. Personally I guess I don't get the 'swagger' part of it. I'd rather see focus because right now the 'swagger' isn't getting it done.

I don't even know what to think about this program going forward but I'll always talk QB's. With that being said I'm looking forward to seeing what Johnny Stanton brings to the table. Something tells me it will be a lot more consistent than what Tommie Armstrong has shown us and with less 'swagger' and turnovers taboot.

I like him too. Really hope he figures it out and succeeds. He has a swagger and smoothness that you can't teach.

This is why I think a lot of Husker fans are so enamored with him or at least some people are anyway. His 'swagger'. Personally I guess I don't get the 'swagger' part of it. I'd rather see focus because right now the 'swagger' isn't getting it done.

I don't even know what to think about this program going forward but I'll always talk QB's. With that being said I'm looking forward to seeing what Johnny Stanton brings to the table. Something tells me it will be a lot more consistent than what Tommie Armstrong has shown us and with less 'swagger' and turnovers taboot.

The only thing we can say for sure that Stanton has better than Armstrong, is speed. Armstrong has a stronger arm, but other than that, I can't say one is better than the other on anything else, because we haven't seen Stanton take a single snap. From his highlights, TA is going to have his hands full come Fall Camp, but just because the kid was stellar in HS, doesn't mean he will be in college. Completely different game. Ask Armstrong. Stellar athlete in HS, struggling and making mistakes as a Freshman in the collegiate level.

The only thing we can say for sure that Stanton has better than Armstrong, is speed. Armstrong has a stronger arm, but other than that, I can't say one is better than the other on anything else, because we haven't seen Stanton take a single snap. From his highlights, TA is going to have his hands full come Fall Camp, but just because the kid was stellar in HS, doesn't mean he will be in college. Completely different game. Ask Armstrong. Stellar athlete in HS, struggling and making mistakes as a Freshman in the collegiate level.

True but that is the case for any H.S athlete making the transition to college. I'll take my chances with Stanton. Definitely.

I've been an Armstrong supporter the whole way. Has he been turnover prone? Yes, but c'mon people this kid is a freshman! Plus just before that loss to Michigan St. he lead this team to a win against Michigan in Ann Arbor. Armstrong is a leader, and the only stat that matters to me is that he is 5-1 as a starter.

I don't know why, but there is something that keeps me interested in this kid. Some of his mistakes so far have been mental, while some have just been simple negligence. The kid is humble, and quite honestly, a stand up man. Here is an article written by Hail Varsity. A text from Cross to Tommy shows how close this team might actually be.

After the game, running back Imani Cross sent Armstrong a text reading: “No matter if you’re a quarterback who throws 100 touchdowns and zero interceptions or you don’t throw any touchdowns and 100 interceptions, I’m still going to trust you.”

Quote from Pelini

“At the end of the day, my job is to win football games. That’s my approach. I’m not changing my approach regardless of what situation we’re in,” he said.

I hope this kid can start to play some sound football.

How does Tommy's quote equate to him owning up to his mistakes?

I think the comments here are interesting. This was the first game that Tommy lost for NU. If we would've won this game I wonder if we would be hearing the same comments. I'm giving the kid a break. He's a redshirt freshman, has played all of 6 games and won 5 of them. I think given time this kid could be another Tommie Fraizier. I DO think the swagger is important because it motivates the fans and I'm sure supports the moral of the team. That he takes responsibility for his mistakes is admirable as well. Hang in there Tommy. You'll be just fine.

The only bad thing about swagger it 96.74% of the time it leads to herpes just ask any frat boy at UNL. But I heard a very interesting comment the other day that you really find out what kind of QB you have around the 6 and 7th game they start. I think it is a great comment because Tommy started 5-0 for neb now I wanna see how he stacks up after a loss and at Happy Valley where they have a very good freshmen QB. If Tommy can go in there and play good sound ball I think he can be a good QB but if he starts to turn the ball over again it will just be T-tragic all over again but this time he won't be so lucky to stay in the game.

All I know for certain is all the bullsh#t negativity crap that the local sports writers who by the way have never played the game or coached the game at this level but still feel as if they have all the answers, and thats getting posted in the forums and twitter and all the other forms of social media IS STARTING TO HAVE A VERY BAD IMPACT ON THE TEAM AND ITS ABILITY TO STAY FOCUSED ON THE NXT 2 GAMES AND A BOWL. That really sucks! You would think people would be smart enough to see the negative results of what they type.

But then again I have never met any of the sports writers who struck me as being above average in the smarts department so you can take them for what they are worth. The price of a story and thats about it.

I've been an Armstrong supporter the whole way. Has he been turnover prone? Yes, but c'mon people this kid is a freshman! Plus just before that loss to Michigan St. he lead this team to a win against Michigan in Ann Arbor. Armstrong is a leader, and the only stat that matters to me is that he is 5-1 as a starter.

I am with you on this one. I like Tommy and as much as I want to like Johnny it will be no different next year if he was to be the QB. For these guys to think TA should be perfect every play it is just not going to happen. This kid is feeling some great pressure and with out a doubt is pressing on some of his throws. Fumbles happen. In my opinion that fumble on our goaline wouldn't have happened if our bone head coaches wouldn't have had a pulling guard on our half yard-line. Who does that. Tommy will be fine in games and years to come.