JFK

I have heard reports that LBJ was a ruthless SOB and people that knew him personally didn't doubt he was capable of something like this.

Wish I knew if that was true.

I wouldn't doubt it Johnson's character was in question as he had some scandals. Which from what I understand the Texas tour was to help restore his credibility to the public and to his home state.

Yep. Plus the key additional things:

- Vietnam. JFK will probably announce US troops withdrawal in Vietnam. Just the opposite for LBJ.

- Drop LBJ vice president ticket in 1964 election.

- Johnson HATES Kennedy brothers.

- and some more.........

A Secret Service agent fired the fatal shot on accident. Best explanation and evidence I have ever seen or heard. See below.

I saw a special on this on the TV called "JFK: The Smoking Gun", on the Reelz channel, a couple weeks ago. I had never really heard it before. But as they laid things out it made a lot of sense. Watch it if you get a chance, I'm sure they are still running it. Also copied a couple articles talking about it. Truthfully, this is the most likely argument I've heard.

http://www.reelz.com/smokinggun/

http://www.philly.co...nt_Kennedy.html

http://usnews.nbcnew...ent-fumbled-gun

• 2 weeks later...

The first shot most likely hit a traffic light crossbar over the street.

And the next two shots weren't that lucky (one hit him in the back of the neck and the other in the head). At less than a hundred yards, I could put a .22 in a head-sized target 10 out of 10 times. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home.

• Fire 1

At less than a hundred yards, I could put a .22 in a head-sized target 10 out of 10 times.

I could too . . . but that's a little different than the pressure of this particular situation . . . and a moving target.

I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home.

Keep playing engine jockey with one and someday, whammo! You're going to be nothing more than a dark spot on the damp side of a canyon wall.

A .22 has a lot more drop to account for at 100 yards than the Carcano that Oswald used.

Also, "moving target" is a little misleading. The car was moving less than 10MPH and almost directly away from Oswald, so the relative movement of the target in his sites would've been very minimal.

It would've been like shooting ducks on the pond as they swam away from you.

A .22 has a lot more drop to account for at 100 yards than the Carcano that Oswald used.

Sure . . . If you're talking about a .22lr.

Also, "moving target" is a little misleading. The car was moving less than 10MPH and almost directly away from Oswald, so the relative movement of the target in his sites would've been very minimal.

It would've been like shooting ducks on the pond as they swam away from you.

Low pressure, easy shot. Sure. :P

That's basically the same thing as killing the president.

Do you some sort of internal air traffic control for stuff that flies right over your head? ;)

"Pressure" is not a reason for or against Oswald making that shot. It's simply a factor.

There are different kinds of pressure, and people handle the different kinds of pressure differently. Some pressure makes you shake like a leaf, some gives you laser-like focus. I play pool, sometimes for money. The more money on the line, the more nervous I get. So I rarely play for more than $10. My dad is the opposite. The more money on the line, the more unbeatable he becomes. OTOH, if he's playing on a pool league team and needs a win for the team to win a trophy, he folds like a cheap suit.

Now, if I had been in that book depository holding that gun, I would've been shaking too much to load it. But Oswald was a wannabe communist psychopath. He started work at the depository 6 weeks before the assasination and found out a week ahead of time that JFK's motorcade would be driving by. The perfect opportunity to kill a POTUS he hated and go down in infamy just fell in his lap, and he had about a week to mentally prepare. It's easy to see how he might have had laser like focus for the task at hand.