JFK

Single gunman or only one?

Who was behind it?

Single gunman. Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone. That's my guess. There are plenty of other possibilities but sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

Hell of a lucky shot, though.

With a crappy rifle. On a road with an S turn. From guy who tested "marksman", which is the lowest score one can have to stay in the Marines.

Still around 100 times more likely than a CIA hit. :P

I know. The guy was a delusional sociopath. When he returned from Russia he was upset press wasn't there covering it.

Who was behind it?

Single gunman. Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone. That's my guess. There are plenty of other possibilities but sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

With a crappy rifle. On a road with an S turn. From guy who tested "marksman", which is the lowest score one can have to stay in the Marines.

In the episode of Quantum Leap where he became Lee Harvey Oswald, he tested as "Sharpshooter" as a Marine and acted alone during the assassination. However, in the original history, Jackie was killed too, so Sam changed history and leaped out of there.

I have always thought that too. I am someone who is always very scheptical of conspiracy theories.

However, a few things I have heard recently leaves questions.

For instance, three shots were fired and two hit him. Oswald was 88 yards away (not that far but it's a moving target). He was using a bolt action rifle.

I've shot a lot of bolt action rifles and I don't thing I could squeeze off three shots that fast and they accurate with a bolt action rifle.

I my knowledge he didn't have any formal sniper training.

Hmmmm.....

Yeah, that's the thing. Everyone says you can't squeeze off three shots in six seconds. But really it's two shots. The clock starts at the first shot. Then three seconds each for a second and third shot. Six seconds is enough time to squeeze off two shots.

It was a real lucky shot though.

True. Didn't think of it that way.

Ok....I'll go back to being skeptic of conspiracy theories. Thanks for bringing me back to earth.

Back and to the left...

I think the one thing that I keep going back to is that there are witnesses that stated the timing between the 2nd and 3rd shots were relatively close...kind of like a double knock on a table. Something that I do not believe possible with the rifle that was (allegedly) used by Oswald.

Could this have been done by a single 'crazed gunman'? Sure, it could have. But, I tend to lean towards a conspiracy theory.

Back and to the left...

I think the one thing that I keep going back to is that there are witnesses that stated the timing between the 2nd and 3rd shots were relatively close...kind of like a double knock on a table. Something that I do not believe possible with the rifle that was (allegedly) used by Oswald.

Could this have been done by a single 'crazed gunman'? Sure, it could have. But, I tend to lean towards a conspiracy theory.

CSMIndex.jpg

"I can kill you whenever I damn well please." ---Cigarette Smoking Man

Following Ruby's March 1964 conviction for murder with malice, Ruby's lawyers, led by Sam Houston Clinton, appealed to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, the highest criminal court in Texas. Ruby's lawyers argued that he could not have received a fair trial in Dallas because of the excessive publicity surrounding the case. A year after his conviction, in March 1965, Ruby conducted a brief televised news conference in which he stated: "Everything pertaining to what's happening has never come to the surface. The world will never know the true facts of what occurred, my motives. The people who had so much to gain, and had such an ulterior motive for putting me in the position I'm in, will never let the true facts come above board to the world." When asked by a reporter, "Are these people in very high positions Jack?", he responded "Yes."

Dallas Deputy Sheriff Al Maddox claimed: "Ruby told me, he said, 'Well, they injected me for a cold.' He said it was cancer cells. That's what he told me, Ruby did. I said you don't believe that bullsh#t. He said, 'I damn sure do!' [Then] one day when I started to leave, Ruby shook hands with me and I could feel a piece of paper in his palm… [in this note] he said it was a conspiracy and he said … if you will keep your eyes open and your mouth shut, you're gonna learn a lot. And that was the last letter I ever got from him." Not long before Ruby died, according to an article in the London Sunday Times, he told psychiatrist Werner Teuter that the assassination was "an act of overthrowing the government" and that he knew "who had President Kennedy killed." He added: "I am doomed. I do not want to die. But I am not insane. I was framed to kill Oswald

Who was behind it?

not to mention shooting at a target moving left to right and away from you with him moving and waving makes it a very difficult shot. I don't think Oswald did it. I'm 33 so obviously wasn't there, my opinion is only from seeing the footage of the day.

I've seen a lot of shows about this over the last 2 weeks on history channel. Some things have really stuck out with me. With the news footage of the day they found the gun and arrested Oswald. The policeman interviewed held up the gun found in the Texas Book Depository saying "This is the gun found in the Book Depository. The president was shot with a weapon like this." With him saying like this tells me it's not the murder weapon just similar to it. Now that could be just a slip in speech but just stuck out with me. In one of the shows was playing news footage of the day. They interviewed a school teacher that day and kept referring to her as the lady in red. They showed her standing in the grassy area in-between the roads to Kennedy's left. She stated and according to her family said this till the day she died. That she heard 6 shots fired, not sure if she said from which direction.

Those two details could be minor and with emotions going just not be accurate recollection of the events. But then again I don't know these people at all. They may have been displaying a similar rifle not the actual one and heard 6 shots. But the one thing that makes me think he wasn't shot by the Oswald. Cause if he was, Kennedy would move forward as he was hit. But watching the footage he moves backwards. Which if Oswald shot him then he would move against the bullet as he's hit. Which that doesn't happen.

Who was behind it?

Answer IMO, single gunman, PROBABLY Lee Harvey Oswald (and thus lucky shot)

Who was behind it? Answer IMO, LBJ. Classical cover up.

In my 3rd grade gym class activity, my principal was announced JFK was shot and killed. I always remember that.

LeBron James?

Who was behind it?

Answer IMO, single gunman, PROBABLY Lee Harvey Oswald (and thus lucky shot)

Who was behind it? Answer IMO, LBJ. Classical cover up.

In my 3rd grade gym class activity, my principal was announced JFK was shot and killed. I always remember that.

Your not the only one even Richard Nixon thinks Johnson was behind it.

I have heard reports that LBJ was a ruthless SOB and people that knew him personally didn't doubt he was capable of something like this.

Wish I knew if that was true.

I wouldn't doubt it Johnson's character was in question as he had some scandals. Which from what I understand the Texas tour was to help restore his credibility to the public and to his home state.