Why Iowa Should Not be a Rivalry

Sad day when there is nothing to do but gloat on the internet over a win. Which number where you again, or are you another tavernhawk.

Come on now, we would be gloating too if we had won by 21 and call it a dominating performance. Also, this idea that you can't celebrate a win unless you were on the field playing is ridiculous.

I think he is means going onto other opposing team's board and gloating.

I understand things are tough for some of you right now, and the urge is strong to just keep cutting... But honestly, neither team sucks. That's going way too far.

Like I said in my post above, Iowa's record is worse than they are, and I agree, I don't think they suck.

I don't think we suck either, just unfortunate to face the amount of injuries we have had this year. If we were close to 100% all year, we could all have a different tone.

Iowa f'ing sucks and I literally have yet to meet anyone from that state I feel is worth anything at all. I'm sure there are a few decent people in there somewhere. Maybe.

EbyHusker- This statement absolutely makes you sound like some kind of inbred that has never made it out of the tiny Nebraska town you grew up in (I do not think that you are, your statement just makes you sound that way). You have "yet to meet anybody from that state that (you) feel is worth anything at all"? Either you are so hurt that your Huskers, Coach and fans (yes, all of them that left early) laid a big egg last Friday, or you are just plain stupid (you are not that guy from "Slingblade" are you?)

I know a ton of great people from Nebraska and we hassle each other year around about football. There have been many years in that past where they got to be pretty lippy, but at least for this year, I doubt that we will hear much from them. One thing for sure, what happened on the field this past Friday will definitely heat up the fans from both teams. Gotta love college football.

Eby- Next time you go to Memorial and look up at that whole "Through these doors..........", just think for a second about the statement that you just made, and then ask yourself if you agree with that statement. That said, maybe you sneak in a side door! I hope that you are able to make it to Iowa City next year and see that we are pretty decent people.

Iowa never had to play a conference championship until we joined the conference. Can you imagine how many great bowl games we would have played if we never had to beat Oklahoma and Texas? Ohio State would have owned them like they have all along which would have been another loss to Iowa

Iowa never had to play a conference championship until we joined the conference. Can you imagine how many great bowl games we would have played if we never had to beat Oklahoma and Texas? Ohio State would have owned them like they have all along which would have been another loss to Iowa

Once again, that is looking back when the Huskers were good, week in and week out. They are no longer that good, and everybody has to agree on that (supported by the polls). Iowa is the best chance to build a great B1G rivalry, not some drempt up rivalry where a top tier team would even want to play a lesser team.

Once again, that is looking back when the Huskers were good, week in and week out. They are no longer that good, and everybody has to agree on that (supported by the polls). Iowa is the best chance to build a great B1G rivalry, not some drempt up rivalry where a top tier team would even want to play a lesser team.

I wrote that intended for the skewed stats for Iowa's bcs/january games. As far as the rivalry we will have to see. You had a 4-8 season last year and 7-4 the year prior. Hence the 8 wins this year has people going insane. I'm not saying in recent we are far apart just still a little bit different expectations still.

I wrote that intended for the skewed stats for Iowa's bcs/january games. As far as the rivalry we will have to see. You had a 4-8 season last year and 7-4 the year prior. Hence the 8 wins this year has people going insane. I'm not saying in recent we are far apart just still a little bit different expectations still.

The last two years we have had a ton of injuries, especially in the backfield. I don't suppose you knew that, though, as having been in the B1G a long time, we do not use injuries as an excuse. It is a long, hard hitting season, and it takes both mental and physical toughness. BTW, welcome to the B1G!

The last two years we have had a ton of injuries, especially in the backfield. I don't suppose you knew that, though, as having been in the B1G a long time, we do not use injuries as an excuse. It is a long, hard hitting season, and it takes both mental and physical toughness. BTW, welcome to the B1G!

Welcome to the big10, what the f#*k is that. I heard that crap the first hit when we played our first big10 game 3 years ago. Get over yourself, you won great be happy but dont begin to talk to me about hawkeye football and what a powerhouse it is. Your not MICHIGAN, your not, OHIO ST, your not, PENN ST and your not NEBRASKA either. And your going to bring up injuries as well, man if we had our players we would of won the BIG this year. Guess what, same applies to nebraska, michigan, or anyone. If youve have a good enough team you find a way to win, well great you found a way and we didnt. Jesus f'ing Christ i had to hear this sh#t all f'ing day today. Good god you would of thought you won the superbowl. You guys make fun of Iowa St calling your game there superbowl well what the f#*k are you still doing on a opposing teams websight talking about something that happened. I thought state fans were bad when they won, you guys are down right pathetic on so many levels when it comes to winning. Good jesus jumped up f'ing christ.