Why Iowa Should Not be a Rivalry

Yea, if you follow hawkeye fans on hawkeye boards all they talk about is Iowa State being there superbowl of the year. Well congratulations, you won your superbowl.

Lol don't flatter yourself. What about Nebraska RIGHT NOW is better than Iowa going forward. I don't need a history lesson. Going forward how can you say they will win 9/10? And yes I would consider 38-17 a curb stomping and with all of the times Iowa had the ball on Nebraskas side of the field it should have been a lot worse. This win doesn't feel any more special than the other 7 wins, Husker fans are just so fun and easy to rile up.

Yea, if you follow hawkeye fans on hawkeye boards all they talk about is Iowa State being there superbowl of the year. Well congratulations, you won your superbowl.

Lol don't flatter yourself. What about Nebraska RIGHT NOW is better than Iowa going forward. I don't need a history lesson. Going forward how can you say they will win 9/10? And yes I would consider 38-17 a curb stomping and with all of the times Iowa had the ball on Nebraskas side of the field it should have been a lot worse. This win doesn't feel any more special than the other 7 wins, Husker fans are just so fun and easy to rile up.

Admitting you are trolling usually is a bad idea. You beat a crappy Nebraska team, great job, Nebraska's future still looks 100X better than Iowas. Please keep paying Ferentz for mediocrity.

I have to laugh at the "We are too good for Team X to be our rival" attitude. Since when? It's Nebraska that hasn't held up their end of the deal in the B1G. Other teams (Wisconsin) should laugh at us for wanting to be their rival.

Even before we joined the B1G, I thought we should play Iowa every year. Natural border rivalry. But we stick our noses in the air even though Iowa is better than we are this year.

Admitting you are trolling usually is a bad idea. You beat a crappy Nebraska team, great job, Nebraska's future still looks 100X better than Iowas. Please keep paying Ferentz for mediocrity.

Ferentz has actually won something as their coach. Something we can't say about our coach.

I can't believe I am defending Iowa. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

• Fire 1

If after losing to your team, all the fans wonder how they've stooped so low, it's not a rivalry. It's a wake-up call. We never felt the need to evaluate ourselves after a hard-fought loss to Oklahoma. (At least not as far as I can remember)

Edit: I realize this sounds pretty arrogant, and its not 1997 anymore, but it's still my reasoning against this "rivalry"

If after losing to your team, all the fans wonder how they've stooped so low, it's not a rivalry. It's a wake-up call. We never felt the need to evaluate ourselves after a hard-fought loss to Oklahoma. (At least not as far as I can remember)

We did plenty of evaluating after losses to Oklahoma, especially of the coaching staff. We just didn't have the internet for everyone to have a public voice back then.

That's my point. I've heard, "How can we lose to lowly Minnesota?" "How can we lose to lowly Iowa?" Until we prove otherwise for an extended period of time, we have no right to label another team.

Sure we have "history", but so does Notre Dame, Michigan, Minnesota, and Princeton.

NU should not have a rivalry with any team that is not a perennial top 15 team.

Nebraska is not a great team. Next.

Nebraska will need to become a perennial Top 15 team first. I would settle in with this Iowa rivalry until you get the "swagger" back. Face it, Nebraska is not what they used to be, and it will take a ton to get it back there, if that is even possible. It is certainly not possible with the current coaching staff, as few recruits that read these boards will want to take part in this debacle. If I was any other school competing with Nebraska for student athletes, I would share this site with them, along with the Pelini rant about the fans. Bo has to go in order to make them a moot point.

NU should not have a rivalry with any team that is not a perennial top 15 team. This reminds me of Colorado. Colorado thought we were their rival, but NU did not reciprocate. CU had a few good years, but nothing like the dominate streak of OK. And from 1970 to 2000, NU was 28-3 against CU. Iowa is worse than CU was until post Skippy, and if NU has a true rivalry with Iowa, it substantiates the descendance of the program into mediocrity. Great team do not have rivalries with mediocre teams.

When was the last time Nebraska finished in the Top 15 let alone were a perennial top 15 team? 2001?

I've learned many people on this board can't be bothered with facts. Nice try though. Roflcopter

Yep enjoy your superbowl tavernhawk. And ive seen your board meltdowns as well, only problem is you guys wont fire your coach like youve been talking about for the past 4 years.

Lol. Like I said in another thread, we just became Iowa. We won't fire our coach either. We better snatch up this offer of a rivalry, all the other girls have already been asked to the dance.

• Fire 1