This needs to be Pelini's last game as our coach

SUPERBUNNY

To Fire Pelini or Not....that is the question? Mixed emotions on this subject, maybe more so than I had in 03' when Solich was fired.

I think that given the conference was mediocre at best, losing 3 conference games is not a good thing for recruiting. Illinois is just a few players away from competing, Iowa is solid but just not flashy. Minnesota is improving. Penn St once they get a full complement of players on scholarship, might be the darkhorse! Thats not to mention the Buckeyes, Sparty, Wolverines and the Badgers!

I guess I side with those who want to move into a different direction.........75/25 is my gut feeling. That 25% keeps saying might get someone worse, but the 75% keeps saying the program needs a boost, and needs that boost soon!

So for all of you that say he should be fired or gone, what is your recomendationn for replacement? I mean he has his issues but he has won 9 games a season for six years, what coach in his right mind would sign up to coach us if we fire a coach that wins 9 a season.

not our job to find his replacement.

but if a coach is too afraid to follow in bo's footsteps, then we do not want that coach here.

Damned strait. A coach we want believes with every fiber of his being that he can, and will do better and will win the conference and be able to make a run at winning all the games. Those guys are out there, and we have the funds, and resources to hire one. Just need the balls to pull the trigger.

Choices would be : (in no order) Tressel-question his ability to recruit away from Ohio- Richt-recruiting to Big 10 vs SEC- Paul Johnson- recruiting period-Brent Venables- midwest values who coached and recruited to OU and KSU where he played.

Now I will rank my choices:

1. Richt

2. Venables

3. Tressel

4. Paul Johnson( really I love his wishbone, triple option offense, but he isn't big time level.

I think that Richt might be a good hire, but again, is he more like Pelini or more like Saban.....if you can't get the job done at Georgia can u here?

Venables is eager and looking for a start, is this a good start, probably not, but with his national name and recruiting ties around the nation, might be worthy.

Tressel knows the landscape of the Big 10, no doubt, but I don't think he could do any better than Bo. Honestly!

Those who I left off, : Petrino, Kiffin,Frost, Gill. I like Petrino, but he wouldn't stay around long. The guy can recruit and coach football players. Kiffin is a joke, and while I like Frost, he isn't even close to b eing ready yet.

To Fire Pelini or Not....that is the question? Mixed emotions on this subject, maybe more so than I had in 03' when Solich was fired.

I think that given the conference was mediocre at best, losing 3 conference games is not a good thing for recruiting. Illinois is just a few players away from competing, Iowa is solid but just not flashy. Minnesota is improving. Penn St once they get a full complement of players on scholarship, might be the darkhorse! Thats not to mention the Buckeyes, Sparty, Wolverines and the Badgers!

I guess I side with those who want to move into a different direction.........75/25 is my gut feeling. That 25% keeps saying might get someone worse, but the 75% keeps saying the program needs a boost, and needs that boost soon!

Nebhawk, good assessment of the conference setup. I do think Michigan has a lot more problems than it even appears right now.

I guess I'm curious what kind of "boost" we would get. When UNL hired Bo, they drastically wanted an improved defense. He delivered that improvement in the first two years (thanks in large part to Suh and company). Then we switch conferences and get caught in limbo with the types of players we had recruited (mainly undersized defensive front seven) and as we started this year we struggled. A 1/3 to halfway through the season the defense started to click. The offense started as the focal point of the year. As the injury bug hit, the team was forced to rely on 2nd, 3rd and 4th options at a number of spots and still managed a respectable record (by most standards). I'm afraid pulling the plug on this coaching staff could cause more damage than good. Maybe there's a candidate who could bring in a staff that would match or exceed Bo and Co. but I'm in the camp that believes this group can turn things around still.

Choices would be : (in no order) Tressel-question his ability to recruit away from Ohio- Richt-recruiting to Big 10 vs SEC- Paul Johnson- recruiting period-Brent Venables- midwest values who coached and recruited to OU and KSU where he played.

1. Richt

2. Venables

3. Tressel

4. Paul Johnson( really I love his wishbone, triple option offense, but he isn't big time level.

I think that Richt might be a good hire, but again, is he more like Pelini or more like Saban.....if you can't get the job done at Georgia can u here?

Venables is eager and looking for a start, is this a good start, probably not, but with his national name and recruiting ties around the nation, might be worthy.

Tressel knows the landscape of the Big 10, no doubt, but I don't think he could do any better than Bo. Honestly!

Those who I left off, : Petrino, Kiffin,Frost, Gill. I like Petrino, but he wouldn't stay around long. The guy can recruit and coach football players. Kiffin is a joke, and while I like Frost, he isn't even close to b eing ready yet.

Coach Tressel is under a show-cause, so that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Your comment about him not being able to recruit - he recruited the majority of the guys that urban Meyer has gone undefeated with the last two years.

Petrino could do it. Everybody would just need to watch their co-eds.

Kiffin and Turner. No way. Nuh uh.

Frost? Borderline, cause I've seen what has happened the last 3 - 4 weeks with his offenses up in Eugene.

If we get an offensive minded coach here, we need to have a guy who will re-establish some darned toughness on the offensive side of the ball. Some smack-you-in-the-mouth-and-you-know-it's-coming-but-you-can't-stop-it type football.

Brent Venables, not seeing, Mark Richt - no way. He's the Bo Pelini of the south, just nicer. Did you see what happened to Georgia this year? They had it worse than we did with injuries (hell, they lost Aaron Murray to a torn ACL in the last GAME of his Georgia career).

I noticed I left off Northwestern as a team to watch going forward in the conference as well. Yeah, Michigan is not winning any titles soon, but like Nebraska, traditional name.

I am not totally against keeping Bo, just reluctant on if that is the answer long term. If he would get a new offense CO, and possibly hire a new DC, then things might change some. Special teams coach as well! Is he willling to replace those guys yet?

Going forward: Ohio St is for real under Meyer. Michigan St is consistent under Dantoni. Penn St will be back sooner than most realized 2 years ago. Wisconsin might be better now than with Bielema. Iowa seems to stay around a 6-6 to 9-3 team on average. Northwestern almost beat the Buckeyes, then lost all the rest so far so they aren't that far from being 8-4 9-3 type of team either.

So I guess my concern is can Pelini make the next step once the competition gets better top to bottom? Don't forget that Pelini won the North division of the Big 12 during a period when KSU, Mizzou, and Colorado were down alot. He won those years based on that and based on the fact that Callahan recruited pretty good players.

Hi I have been looking on this site for awhile.

I'm 19 but have been a Huskers fan my entire life. I am just not even excited to watch a game because it's just been the same every year with Bo, I watch the games and I just say wow there is something wrong somewhere it's like the players don't know what they are doing or just not very good. It feels like every year should be our year but the same results we lose to a team we should kill and then get blown out when we play a good team. This year we have like four guys hurt in every game I know injuries happen but every game? are we practicing to hard during the week and come in hurt or not practicing hard and come in soft.

Some of you will say I am not a true fan but if you knew me or my family that would show you because my brothers eat drink and sleep Nebraska football. I just look at things for how they are and to the nation Nebraska is a joke, people look at Bo and think that's how the program and state is represented.

I look at Bo and say your a defensive coach and the defense is not good you have been here for six years everyone on that team is a guy you personally recruited why can't we do basic things like tackle? Why do we love a guy that hates us. If I could pick a coach I would go with Kirby Smart of Alabama he could come in here and change the defense to a 3-4 get us to play physical and run the ball.

I Love Nebraska Football always will but it's time to stop with excuses like the refs are screwing us out of games because a missed call will hurt but turnovers/missed tackles no defense or o-line and coaching are losing us games.

• Fire 1

1. Richt

2. Venables

3. Tressel

Coach Tressel is under a show-cause, so that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Your comment about him not being able to recruit - he recruited the majority of the guys that urban Meyer has gone undefeated with the last two years.

Petrino could do it. Everybody would just need to watch their co-eds.

Kiffin and Turner. No way. Nuh uh.

Frost? Borderline, cause I've seen what has happened the last 3 - 4 weeks with his offenses up in Eugene.

If we get an offensive minded coach here, we need to have a guy who will re-establish some darned toughness on the offensive side of the ball. Some smack-you-in-the-mouth-and-you-know-it's-coming-but-you-can't-stop-it type football.

Brent Venables, not seeing, Mark Richt - no way. He's the Bo Pelini of the south, just nicer. Did you see what happened to Georgia this year? They had it worse than we did with injuries (hell, they lost Aaron Murray to a torn ACL in the last GAME of his Georgia career).

Your assessment is right, namely... what coach could Nebraska possibly pull out that would be better than the current staff? Sure there would be a fair number of takers but would they be better than the current group? Probably would be more fan/media-friendly but better coaches... I have my doubts.

----- Especially considering USC is in the market and Texas could be shopping as well with a new AD, not to mention a usual surprise or two from around the country (ie- Bielema last year).

Nebhawk, good assessment of the conference setup. I do think Michigan has a lot more problems than it even appears right now.

I guess I'm curious what kind of "boost" we would get. When UNL hired Bo, they drastically wanted an improved defense. He delivered that improvement in the first two years (thanks in large part to Suh and company). Then we switch conferences and get caught in limbo with the types of players we had recruited (mainly undersized defensive front seven) and as we started this year we struggled. A 1/3 to halfway through the season the defense started to click. The offense started as the focal point of the year. As the injury bug hit, the team was forced to rely on 2nd, 3rd and 4th options at a number of spots and still managed a respectable record (by most standards). I'm afraid pulling the plug on this coaching staff could cause more damage than good. Maybe there's a candidate who could bring in a staff that would match or exceed Bo and Co. but I'm in the camp that believes this group can turn things around still.

Would you still feel the same way if a Hail Mary was batted down and an extra point was made? Those are the differences between 2-2 our last 4 games and 0-4. Though the 2 wins showed a lot of guts and perseverance, the included some really opportunistic breaks. The 2 losses were not even close.

Change is hard is so cliche, yet it paralyzes most of us into believing inaction is the safest choice.

If Tressel can recruit to Nebraska is my question, not his overall recruiting at OSU. Thats easy pickings since the state of Ohio is usually ranked in the top 5 states in recruiting football players yearly. Bohl is intriguing, but don't see him as a Neb. head coach.

I would agree that Richt is the Pelini of the south. Venables has some upside, but again, I deeply think that he would be another Pelini long term as well. Hate to say this, but yes, this team is or was just as close to going 6-6 as going 10-2 or 9-3. Michigan and Penn St games could have ended differently. NorthWestern game as well. 5-7 we all know that this isn't even a subject. I mentioned after the NW game if some fans would regret us winning that game if Bo's record would be what it is.......what thoughts are now showing up, I think that hail mary was the worst outcome of them all!

I'm 19 but have been a Huskers fan my entire life. I am just not even excited to watch a game because it's just been the same every year with Bo, I watch the games and I just say wow there is something wrong somewhere it's like the players don't know what they are doing or just not very good. It feels like every year should be our year but the same results we lose to a team we should kill and then get blown out when we play a good team. This year we have like four guys hurt in every game I know injuries happen but every game? are we practicing to hard during the week and come in hurt or not practicing hard and come in soft.

Some of you will say I am not a true fan but if you knew me or my family that would show you because my brothers eat drink and sleep Nebraska football. I just look at things for how they are and to the nation Nebraska is a joke, people look at Bo and think that's how the program and state is represented.

I look at Bo and say your a defensive coach and the defense is not good you have been here for six years everyone on that team is a guy you personally recruited why can't we do basic things like tackle? Why do we love a guy that hates us. If I could pick a coach I would go with Kirby Smart of Alabama he could come in here and change the defense to a 3-4 get us to play physical and run the ball.

I Love Nebraska Football always will but it's time to stop with excuses like the refs are screwing us out of games because a missed call will hurt but turnovers/missed tackles no defense or o-line and coaching are losing us games.

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

https://twitter.com/iSet_Tones/status/406545685769887744

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

https://twitter.com/iSet_Tones/status/406545685769887744

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

Why because I don't like to see my team lose and the coach doing stupid things on the sidelines? I come on here sometimes and see people like you who talk trash to people like me that are sick of seeing the something every week. It's the same problems fumbles guys not tackling not knowing what to do. I know the players are taking it hard but they should not be focused on the outside things like the coach being on the hot seat because there is nothing they can do about it but play hard and know it's a business and the AD has to do what he does. I am just sick of people on here putting others down.