This needs to be Pelini's last game as our coach

SUPERBUNNY

Hi I have been looking on this site for awhile.

I'm 19 but have been a Huskers fan my entire life. I am just not even excited to watch a game because it's just been the same every year with Bo, I watch the games and I just say wow there is something wrong somewhere it's like the players don't know what they are doing or just not very good. It feels like every year should be our year but the same results we lose to a team we should kill and then get blown out when we play a good team. This year we have like four guys hurt in every game I know injuries happen but every game? are we practicing to hard during the week and come in hurt or not practicing hard and come in soft.

Some of you will say I am not a true fan but if you knew me or my family that would show you because my brothers eat drink and sleep Nebraska football. I just look at things for how they are and to the nation Nebraska is a joke, people look at Bo and think that's how the program and state is represented.

I look at Bo and say your a defensive coach and the defense is not good you have been here for six years everyone on that team is a guy you personally recruited why can't we do basic things like tackle? Why do we love a guy that hates us. If I could pick a coach I would go with Kirby Smart of Alabama he could come in here and change the defense to a 3-4 get us to play physical and run the ball.

I Love Nebraska Football always will but it's time to stop with excuses like the refs are screwing us out of games because a missed call will hurt but turnovers/missed tackles no defense or o-line and coaching are losing us games.

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

https://twitter.com/...545685769887744

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

Why because I don't like to see my team lose and the coach doing stupid things on the sidelines? I come on here sometimes and see people like you who talk trash to people like me that are sick of seeing the something every week. It's the same problems fumbles guys not tackling not knowing what to do. I know the players are taking it hard but they should not be focused on the outside things like the coach being on the hot seat because there is nothing they can do about it but play hard and know it's a business and the AD has to do what he does. I am just sick of people on here putting others down.

Was that trash talking? The fumble problem part is true but tackling? The team actually did a fairly good job of that if you watched the game. If you felt put down by my post then you really need to evaluate things. I pointed out the guy who was publicly bashing the 23/24 year old former player who wrote that he supported his former teammates and coaches. If that's you, then I do hope you are offended. Since I doubt it was you, don't take it so personal.

And the players are college kids, they see the social media, they hear their classmates, friends and families asking questions and of course media members asking leading questions about their feelings on the situations. They've focused as well as any fans could expect this year with all the challenges and obstacles thrown their way. Still proud to be a Husker.

Re-reading my previous reply, I must say that the second paragraph was aimed at the twitter poster who told Tim Marlowe that he wasn't worthy of his scholarship. I'm sorry if you thought this was directed at you, Dannyz.

I'm 19 but have been a Huskers fan my entire life. I am just not even excited to watch a game because it's just been the same every year with Bo, I watch the games and I just say wow there is something wrong somewhere it's like the players don't know what they are doing or just not very good. It feels like every year should be our year but the same results we lose to a team we should kill and then get blown out when we play a good team. This year we have like four guys hurt in every game I know injuries happen but every game? are we practicing to hard during the week and come in hurt or not practicing hard and come in soft.

Some of you will say I am not a true fan but if you knew me or my family that would show you because my brothers eat drink and sleep Nebraska football. I just look at things for how they are and to the nation Nebraska is a joke, people look at Bo and think that's how the program and state is represented.

I look at Bo and say your a defensive coach and the defense is not good you have been here for six years everyone on that team is a guy you personally recruited why can't we do basic things like tackle? Why do we love a guy that hates us. If I could pick a coach I would go with Kirby Smart of Alabama he could come in here and change the defense to a 3-4 get us to play physical and run the ball.

I Love Nebraska Football always will but it's time to stop with excuses like the refs are screwing us out of games because a missed call will hurt but turnovers/missed tackles no defense or o-line and coaching are losing us games.

I tend to believe Pelini doesn't hate the fans as a whole. He hates the minority that vocalize their displeasure and attack his players. Unfortunately, that minority has grown over the past few years and his players have had the pressure turned up on them. Don't think the players haven't heard it, even after they graduate...

I know Bo can't worry about everything that anyone says but to see this come from our own fans.... it makes me fight harder to support Bo and the team. Crazy to think that people will actually write this stuff knowing that their names are attached to it and others can see how the "fans" who post it really are. Hope this dude gets a nice cold shoulder from co-workers/friends for his moronic comments.

Seriously, WTF?! Why in God's name would someone say something like that to Tim Marlowe? That's messed up.

Seriously, WTF?! Why in God's name would someone say something like that to Tim Marlowe? That's messed up.

Amen brotha. It's that minority (who bash players) of fans that make the entire fanbase look bad.

Amen brotha. It's that minority (who bash players) of fans that make the entire fanbase look bad.

That's the part I don't get. Clearly I'm not a fan of Bo and I think he's wrongly created a self-fulfilling "us-versus-them" mentality in the team which only further escalates things between the program and the fans/media. But people making fun of Kenny Bell's dog getting hit by a car? Telling Marlowe he was a waste of a scholarship? W. T. F.

That's the part I don't get. Clearly I'm not a fan of Bo and I think he's wrongly created a self-fulfilling "us-versus-them" mentality in the team which only further escalates things between the program and the fans/media. But people making fun of Kenny Bell's dog getting hit by a car? Telling Marlowe he was a waste of a scholarship? W. T. F.

And that is why I appreciate posters like you. Different opinions but still able to be civil and have a debate.

Unfortunately, that twitter conversation has only happened in the last 12 hours. Scary to think about all the things said/posted in the past year towards players and their families. Makes me think that Bo's "us against the world" philosophy may not be a bad perspective if I were in their shoes. If you hear this stuff from people who call themselves "fans," how can you not become guarded?

Why because I don't like to see my team lose and the coach doing stupid things on the sidelines? I come on here sometimes and see people like you who talk trash to people like me that are sick of seeing the something every week. It's the same problems fumbles guys not tackling not knowing what to do. I know the players are taking it hard but they should not be focused on the outside things like the coach being on the hot seat because there is nothing they can do about it but play hard and know it's a business and the AD has to do what he does. I am just sick of people on here putting others down.

Was that trash talking? The fumble problem part is true but tackling? The team actually did a fairly good job of that if you watched the game. If you felt put down by my post then you really need to evaluate things. I pointed out the guy who was publicly bashing the 23/24 year old former player who wrote that he supported his former teammates and coaches. If that's you, then I do hope you are offended. Since I doubt it was you, don't take it so personal.

And the players are college kids, they see the social media, they hear their classmates, friends and families asking questions and of course media members asking leading questions about their feelings on the situations. They've focused as well as any fans could expect this year with all the challenges and obstacles thrown their way. Still proud to be a Husker.

Re-reading my previous reply, I must say that the second paragraph was aimed at the twitter poster who told Tim Marlowe that he wasn't worthy of his scholarship. I'm sorry if you thought this was directed at you, Dannyz.

Yeah sorry about that I have just seen a few people tell other people that they should not be fans anymore and I think that's stupid. We all love Nebraska because if we didn't we wouldn't be on this site, I am just speaking for the people who have seen enough we know our players play hard and they are affected by all of this but that is because Bo brings it on himself.

The media is there to ask questions to get reactions like Bo did and I know he is just saying what he felt but come on don't make you and your team look bad because it's your fault that the media is doing this because you give them their story every week.

I can't take it anymore! The interview and lack of class at the half. Yeah, it was a dumb question but for him to act like that is unreal. He obviously has no understanding of or intention to show any class. We deserve better! Then to follow it up with that display of sh#t on the sideline that cost his team 15 yards? I'm done with him! Un-effing-believeable the guy!

I hope you have some clone of TO/Bear Bryant growing in your basement, because who are you gonna get, that is better than Bo?

I can't take it anymore! The interview and lack of class at the half. Yeah, it was a dumb question but for him to act like that is unreal. He obviously has no understanding of or intention to show any class. We deserve better! Then to follow it up with that display of sh#t on the sideline that cost his team 15 yards? I'm done with him! Un-effing-believeable the guy!

I hope you have some clone of TO/Bear Bryant growing in your basement, because who are you gonna get, that is better than Bo?

Dude, you have posted this like 5 times in different threads. It reads the only coaches better than Pelini, ever, were Tom Osborne and Bear Bryant.

Stop it.

Dude, you have posted this like 5 times in different threads. It reads the only coaches better than Pelini, ever, were Tom Osborne and Bear Bryant.

Stop it.

Amen. There are several candidates out there better than Bo. First and for most, I want one with experience as a HC and a proven track record. The growing pains from the last 6 years have been painful.

So for all of you that say he should be fired or gone, what is your recomendationn for replacement? I mean he has his issues but he has won 9 games a season for six years, what coach in his right mind would sign up to coach us if we fire a coach that wins 9 a season.

not our job to find his replacement.

but if a coach is too afraid to follow in bo's footsteps, then we do not want that coach here.

Damned strait. A coach we want believes with every fiber of his being that he can, and will do better and will win the conference and be able to make a run at winning all the games. Those guys are out there, and we have the funds, and resources to hire one. Just need the balls to pull the trigger.

+1

To Fire Pelini or Not....that is the question? Mixed emotions on this subject, maybe more so than I had in 03' when Solich was fired.

I think that given the conference was mediocre at best, losing 3 conference games is not a good thing for recruiting. Illinois is just a few players away from competing, Iowa is solid but just not flashy. Minnesota is improving. Penn St once they get a full complement of players on scholarship, might be the darkhorse! Thats not to mention the Buckeyes, Sparty, Wolverines and the Badgers!

I guess I side with those who want to move into a different direction.........75/25 is my gut feeling. That 25% keeps saying might get someone worse, but the 75% keeps saying the program needs a boost, and needs that boost soon!

Nebhawk, good assessment of the conference setup. I do think Michigan has a lot more problems than it even appears right now.

I guess I'm curious what kind of "boost" we would get. When UNL hired Bo, they drastically wanted an improved defense. He delivered that improvement in the first two years (thanks in large part to Suh and company). Then we switch conferences and get caught in limbo with the types of players we had recruited (mainly undersized defensive front seven) and as we started this year we struggled. A 1/3 to halfway through the season the defense started to click. The offense started as the focal point of the year. As the injury bug hit, the team was forced to rely on 2nd, 3rd and 4th options at a number of spots and still managed a respectable record (by most standards). I'm afraid pulling the plug on this coaching staff could cause more damage than good. Maybe there's a candidate who could bring in a staff that would match or exceed Bo and Co. but I'm in the camp that believes this group can turn things around still.

I don't think switching conferences had anything to do with the sorry defense. After Suh left, the rushing D went downhill. After Crick left, the rushing D was pathetic. Bo was stubborn and stuck with his passive scheme until it was obvious he would have a losing season. At the half of the NW game, the D started attacking and the D improved. If the type of players are so dependent on what conference you play in, then why do other teams play good D against BIG teams in OOC and bowls?

You sound like you are wise beyond your age.

After a good nights rest my conclusion is the same as when I started the thread. When talking to my kids I could always point to Osborne and Solich as men of character. Now, I can't say anything but the opposite about Pelini. That just isn't Husker football in my eyes. I want a program led by a man that I can be proud of. After that press conference can any of us think that there is any interest on Pelini's part to change? Does the AD handcuff him with a zero-tolerance policy? Does the AD follow through when he does it again? It's just too awkward. I wanted things to work out with Pelini. Loved it when they hired him. Gave him a pass for a couple years as he adjusted to being a Head Coach. Twelve strikes and you're out. Sad that I feel that way but he has to sleep in the bed he made. I would wish him the best. Hope that he gets some counseling. Ugh.

Stop it.

A check of the ranking shows there are approximately 30 coaches better than Pelini right now. Surely, one of them would come to NU for a fat raise.