SIGNED - OT Christian Gaylord

He communicates as often as he can via text or Snapchat with running back Kendall Bussey, defensive backs Avery Anderson and Eric Lee, and twin defensive linemen Khalil and Carlos Davis.

“We’re a pretty close class,” Gaylord said. “It’s a great opportunity because they chose us out of everyone to be Huskers.”
Gaylord also wants to reach out to those who aren’t yet committed to Nebraska, even the members of the 2016 recruiting class, which most of the visitors this weekend will be.
Among the expected visitors from that 2016 class are offensive linemen John Raridon (West Des Moines, Iowa), Matt Farniok (Sioux Falls, S.D.) and Eli Johnson (Oxford, Miss.), who is committed to Ole Miss but is kicking the Big Red tires. Then there’s Lincoln Christian tight end Jared Bubak and, perhaps set to gain the most attention, dual-threat quarterback Tristen Wallace.

LJS

I don't remember seeing that. I've read several times that the commits communicate regularly and never remember hearing the Davis' being left out.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-omaha-de-neal-fosters-chemistry-among-nu/article_326b41d3-5a18-5b6c-9482-9b5b268be8d4.html

By the way, Neal is looking for more chat attendees.

"The Davis twins (Carlos and Khalil), we have not been able to get in contact with," Neal said of the defensive tackles from Blue Springs, Mo. "I have never spoken to them at all. It's kind of hard to find them."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, Gaylord had a slight tear in his labrum and has played in a shoulder brace the last couple of year but had surgery this summer is back 100% after rehab. He is also reporting in at 290 lbs (20+ from last year).

Common lineman injury, I do believe, but not fun either way. Was told I had similar labrum "fray" end of HS, shoulder routinely subluxated, it was a dull achy pain. Hope the operation helped and wish him best!

Apparently, Gaylord had a slight tear in his labrum and has played in a shoulder brace the last couple of year but had surgery this summer is back 100% after rehab. He is also reporting in at 290 lbs (20+ from last year).

Common lineman injury, I do believe, but not fun either way. Was told I had similar labrum "fray" end of HS, shoulder routinely subluxated, it was a dull achy pain. Hope the operation helped and wish him best!

Was a lineman in high school, graduated a couple of years ago. Had this exact same injury, and it sucks. Had the brace and all. Just got the surgery to fix it up this last winter, best thing I've ever done. Never realize how bad that dull achy pain is until you wake up from surgery and it's gone.

• 3 weeks later...