Bo post game presser

Amac3309

Nicely said.

Last paragraph. us vs world mentality. That's enough for me at this point. I dont need that sh#t. I'm tired of supporting a guy that is constantly pushing me away because he fails to have the common sense to understand that the sh#t fans are a small minority of our fanbase, fails to reciprocate that to his team, and then appears to-and this is worse of all-use that as a prime motivating factor. I'm not buying it anymore.

The sh#t fans aren't the majority of all fans. But when it's the sh#t fans that you constantly hear about, they sure as heck seem like the majority.

But that's the whole point though. He's gotta understand AND relay the fact that they are the minority. And I've heard that one of the things he said in addressing the team before leaving for State College was that a lot of the times the negative 5% always has the loudest voice, and that you have to put it behind you. But then Kaz has a cheap remark, then Beck with his, and then Bo today. Leads me to ask what the hell is going on in North Stadium.

Kind of seems like they are just too temperamental, like a flavor of the day type of mood. We've all seen Bo give very cool, candid remarks that make us think he understands the program and the culture and we've all seen that same Bo give very wild and emotionally charged comments that make us think that maybe he doesn't understand the program and the culture.

He, and the staff in general are so wildly inconsistent with their demeanors.

Kind of mirrors the product on the field, no? Makes you wonder if the root cause of the problems on the team is the coaching staff's emotional swings.

Nicely said.

Last paragraph. us vs world mentality. That's enough for me at this point. I dont need that sh#t. I'm tired of supporting a guy that is constantly pushing me away because he fails to have the common sense to understand that the sh#t fans are a small minority of our fanbase, fails to reciprocate that to his team, and then appears to-and this is worse of all-use that as a prime motivating factor. I'm not buying it anymore.

The sh#t fans aren't the majority of all fans. But when it's the sh#t fans that you constantly hear about, they sure as heck seem like the majority.

But that's the whole point though. He's gotta understand AND relay the fact that they are the minority. And I've heard that one of the things he said in addressing the team before leaving for State College was that a lot of the times the negative 5% always has the loudest voice, and that you have to put it behind you. But then Kaz has a cheap remark, then Beck with his, and then Bo today. Leads me to ask what the hell is going on in North Stadium.

Exactly spot on. It's this weird undercurrent of disdain for the fans that I don't understand. What's their theory? That the fans woke up one day and just decided to be dicks to the team just for kicks? Or do they ever take any responsibility for the fans' concerns and appreciate it as a justifiable response to the blowout losses and the lack of fundamental football?

Honestly, the "no coach can get a fair shake in Nebraska" mentality being perpetuated by the coaches is the biggest turn off and reflects very simplistic reasoning that does not reflect favorably on their intelligence.

Concerns are one thing. I think even the most stubborn person can understand that concerns are legitimate. How we voice those concerns and how we treat the team post loss or even close win is the sticking point.

I'm not saying we should be all hunky-dory after a loss, no; but we shouldn't be doing things like starting a rumor(?) that Pelini will resign post-Iowa which gets circulated to the point where the team has to call a meeting just so they know what the hell is going on. Also, the Twitter sh#t is ridiculous.

It's the actions which deviate from normal that stand out and stick the most. And it's those actions that people remember.

Kind of seems like they are just too temperamental, like a flavor of the day type of mood. We've all seen Bo give very cool, candid remarks that make us think he understands the program and the culture and we've all seen that same Bo give very wild and emotionally charged comments that make us think that maybe he doesn't understand the program and the culture.

He, and the staff in general are so wildly inconsistent with their demeanors.

Kind of mirrors the product on the field, no? Makes you wonder if the root cause of the problems on the team is the coaching staff's emotional swings.

I'm willing to bet that the root cause of the problems on the team isn't a cause, but rather causes. A parallel can certainly be drawn though.

Nicely said.

Exactly spot on. It's this weird undercurrent of disdain for the fans that I don't understand. What's their theory? That the fans woke up one day and just decided to be dicks to the team just for kicks? Or do they ever take any responsibility for the fans' concerns and appreciate it as a justifiable response to the blowout losses and the lack of fundamental football?

Honestly, the "no coach can get a fair shake in Nebraska" mentality being perpetuated by the coaches is the biggest turn off and reflects very simplistic reasoning that does not reflect favorably on their intelligence.

Concerns are one thing. I think even the most stubborn person can understand that concerns are legitimate. How we voice those concerns and how we treat the team post loss or even close win is the sticking point.

I'm not saying we should be all hunky-dory after a loss, no; but we shouldn't be doing things like starting a rumor(?) that Pelini will resign post-Iowa which gets circulated to the point where the team has to call a meeting just so they know what the hell is going on. Also, the Twitter sh#t is ridiculous.

It's the actions which deviate from normal that stand out and stick the most. And it's those actions that people remember.

+1, couldn't have said it better myself.

LMAO espn is showing some stupid stats.

Seasons as HC of NU with 4 losses or more

Bo: 6

Cally: 4

Solich: 2

Osborne: 0

Lol if people think that's relevant in why people are ticked right now, it's asinine.

why not use the number 5 why not use the average wins per season OH it would not for espn (extra stupid personal newsman )

Because everyone talks about the number of wins, and that's extremely misleading because "9 wins" now means "four losses." The "9 wins season" thing gets thrown around with no perspective. It's like comparing dollars decades apart without adjusting for inflation.

Lol if people think that's relevant in why people are ticked right now, it's asinine.

why not use the number 5 why not use the average wins per season OH it would not for espn (extra stupid personal newsman )

Because everyone talks about the number of wins, and that's extremely misleading because "9 wins" now means "four losses." The "9 wins season" thing gets thrown around with no perspective. It's like comparing dollars decades apart without adjusting for inflation.

Agreed, check out what Gary Barnett added in the Omaha.com story yesterday.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131128/HUSKERS/131128603

Bottom line is this. Football teams take on the demeanor of their Coach. And Bo is without a doubt a very blunt, emotional, heart-on-his-sleeve, up and down, roller coaster, hot headed type of guy. This team has taken on this approach and it has become so interwoven into the fabric of its culture that not even the most distasterious turn of events within a game should surprise us anymore. I used to ahve not problems with that demeanor. I could relate to it and thought it was great to have that fire. But, it's obvious that it is now affecting the team in major ways. After six years you would think it would be corrected by now. Injuries and a young defense did not hold this team back this year. The same mistakes we saw at a high frequency in 2008 and 2009 and so on is what held us back-yet again. Look at all four of our losses. Study the film, and try to tell we shouldnt be 11-1 or 10-2 right now even with the youth and injuries if we'd a just played sound, basic football. Now a days football is more about screamin and yellin, linin up and smackin heads. It's more about brain and psychology now than it ever has been, and because of that, I just dont think Bo's style is cut out for being a college head coach. Especially not at a major program like Nebraska.

• Fire 1

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/131128603

Really? This is what it's come to? Pumpin sunshine with the likes of Gary Barnett, Colorado, and Northwestern?

LOL. Jeebus.

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/131128603

Really? This is what it's come to? Pumpin sunshine with the likes of Gary Barnett, Colorado, and Northwestern?

LOL. Jeebus.

I'm sorry that you are stuck in whatever state of mind you're at now. Barnett, Ferentz both talked about how impressed they are with Pelini and his consistency recently and numerous other coaches have expressed admiration over the past couple years towards the program.

IF you read the article, you would also notice how Barnett talked of the parity in college football today and how the playing field has 'evened out' over the past 10-15 years. I'm not saying we need to take our wisdom from Barnett but if that guy can understand it, then our fans should as well. I realize you're in the minority that wants Bo to leave and you're justified in your opinion. But you should not blind yourself from how others perceive our program and college football today by ignoring what has been said.

Funny looking at all the comments about Bo's behavior on the sideline. Yea, he lost his cool. They guy is pretty passionate and the pressure is probably getting to him. I get it. The guy is human. But if we are winning, it doesn't matter.

I remember how folks criticized Osborne for his lack of emotion on the sideline. Even after the championships, he was emotionless. People bitched. Fast forward to 2013.

Injuries killed us this year. The UCLA game was a meltdown. It happens. As I look around at other teams, I see some of the same issues we are dealing with. But, since we are Nebraska, and fans think we are better than everyone else, people go full meltdown mode when we lose. Our fans and this board goes sideways after loses.

The one thing I don't like about this team, is what I saw and have seen on the sidelines. I went to a game and made a statement on the board about lack of emotion on the sidelines. Folks got bent out of shape. If I had to point to one thing that defined our season, it was when the camera showed Martinez on the sideline yesterday. He was on the bench, and looked like he was joking with another player, and we were down by 14 at the time. This is our captain? How about get out there front and center and rally the team.

Look, Nebraska will get back to competing again. We have had some very tough years. Bo's not perfect. Maybe the pressure is getting to him. I'm realistic and I truly believe Bo won't make it through the year. Not that I think he needs to be fired. But with everything that has happened (recording, bad loses), maybe the ship has run it's course. We are headed in the right direction, and the thing is, with us being so young, the next few years, we will be very good.

But, make no mistake about it. Money is a huge factor in the decision process. $7Million, is a lot of loot to part ways. So, when he says, "fire me", I get what he is saying.

Eric Campbell@n3bhsker13h

@Tannerfritz @AFRO_THUNDER80 what sucks is 5% of the fanbase are idiot a$$hole$ and turns the whole team against the majority

Retweeted by Kenny Bell

If they know it's a minority, why let the 5% affect you?

Look about 10-15 posts up.

I've been checking his stuff for a while. It's blatantly obvious how fake so many of those twitter accounts are. Most made after a loss or with the @ being HUSKRSFKNSUCK or something of the like. Of course there's idiots that actually are our idiots, but I guarantee that our actual fans aren't the ones saying the god awful s*it that's affecting these players so much. All fanbases have it, and if they don't like it here, check Ohio St. news and see how the Michigan fans make twitters all the time to rile players up. It's something all fan bases deal with not just here so if Kenny is sick of it here, I say good riddance. He's not a Husker if he doesn't wanna be. I love the kid but you have to be mentally strong. He never seems upset about losing, yet upset when people are upset about us losing, idk why.

• Fire 1

But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great".

This is a great point, because quite frankly the quote does it no justice, you have to listen to the audio. I'm over him as the coach...