Bo post game presser

Amac3309

That's great and very commendable that his players love him so much, but that doesn't make him the right coach to lead Nebraska.

and further, how many players would not be extremely defensive of their coach? if your players do not love you, you are doing something extremely wrong. it should be a given that your players are loyal to you, not a plus.

This was essentially my point when I brought up that Callahan had support also

sorry, i just jumped in there. i have been seeing a lot of people use player support as a reason to keep bo. i think that is a weak reason.

It's such a joke when the national media jumps in stuff that then don't cover day to day and pull crap like this out of their butt

@YahooForde: Re Pelini: Last coach with comparable lack of composure w refs and media was Bob Knight. He won three national titles. And still got fired.

Hey man, don't hate me for using logic. Yes, Nebraska lost the championship game (I'm not arguing that) but they would also be considered a "co-winner" using the Big 12 as the standard which you set out.

What kind of logic are you trying to employ, my friend? LOL

When you LOSE the championship game, there isn't a booby prize. 2nd place means 1st place loser.

As poster In the Deed the Glory pointed out, without a championship game Nebraska would have won the championship outright last year. As opposed to Oklahoma who shared the conference title last year with K-State (which Oklahoma actually lost to). It's simple logic my man.

Ohio State was undefeated in the conference last year. So technically, they should have won the conference. Keep trying though.

You keep using this word "logic". I'm not convinced you know what it means.

Not sure if he's ever lost by 40, but he did get 29 hung on him a few weeks ago by the Ducks of the Dirty South.

EDIT: He did get beat down by Pete Carroll and USC in 2005 in the Orange Bowl, 55-19.

Yep, in the national championship game. A game he's gotten to three times.

Hey man, don't hate me for using logic. Yes, Nebraska lost the championship game (I'm not arguing that) but they would also be considered a "co-winner" using the Big 12 as the standard which you set out.

What you're doing could hardly be considered using logic. Nebraska was not a co-champion. If there wasn't a championship game it would be different, but there is, and we lost. We were not a conference champion. By any definition. We have no trophy or title that says conference champion. Oklahoma does. Not just last year, but 8 times since 2000.

You had 3 posts total earlier today. What made you decide to come out of the woodwork we were happy having you in? Go away.

I'm sorry you like your club and dislike fans who wish to express their views after taking in some rather low blows from other posters towards players, coaches and others over the past three years. I was simply employing basic logic which you fail to understand at this point. My point was not arguing Oklahoma's success over the past decade and beyond. I was responding to a post that said Oklahoma won a share of their conference last year to which I pointed out that Nebraska would be considered to win a "share" of the conference championship given the same circumstances. Because the circumstances are different, Nebraska was not considered the champion of the Big Ten.

I really don't intend to cause harm to the powers that be on this site but simply would like to bring about a different form of thinking. Some can handle that, others cannot. I may not respond to other posts in the future, I may respond to every single one. This not a display of immaturity or me being stubborn, this is my form of providing a different perspective. I'm as frustrated with today's loss and this season's losses as other are but I attempt to provide a sense of civility and perspective in discussing the state of the program. Thank you for understanding.

It's such a joke when the national media jumps in stuff that then don't cover day to day and pull crap like this out of their butt

@YahooForde: Re Pelini: Last coach with comparable lack of composure w refs and media was Bob Knight. He won three national titles. And still got fired.

How is he wrong?

When you LOSE the championship game, there isn't a booby prize. 2nd place means 1st place loser.

As poster In the Deed the Glory pointed out, without a championship game Nebraska would have won the championship outright last year. As opposed to Oklahoma who shared the conference title last year with K-State (which Oklahoma actually lost to). It's simple logic my man.

Really???? You are going to post that like I support you and ignore the rest of my post.

Wow. That seems illogical!

How is he wrong?

I think the bob knight comparison is WAY over the top, he had actually made huge strides in that regard until today but all guys like forde will see is today and lump it in, ignoring the strides that had been made

Really???? You are going to post that like I support you and ignore the rest of my post.

Does it? I viewed it as giving you some credit for a plausible idea not a dig at the rest of your post. I am not saying the rest of it was wrong by any means, just found that part to be relevant.

How is he wrong?

Forde is pretty well respected, if I'm not mistaken. He shunned the four letter network a while back to work with Yahoo, and backed up Bruce Feldman when he got slammed by TexPN. Anybody who is willing to stick to their principles that way against TexPN is a +1 in my book right away.

That being said...

He ain't lyin. Winning games, titles and nattys gives you a certain capital that isn't bottomless, but it's pretty damn forgiving. Unless your name is Jim Tressel, and TexPN got it out for you anyways.

How is he wrong?

I think the bob knight comparison is WAY over the top, he had actually made huge strides in that regard until today but all guys like forde will see is today and lump it in, ignoring the strides that had been made

Obviously strides weren't made, or today wouldn't have happened. Bottled-up, maybe.

• Fire 1

How is he wrong?

That doesn't really matter, Pelini has given himself no credibility with his past antics. You don't give an alcoholic credit for the 2 years between DUI arrests.

• Fire 2

Does it? I viewed it as giving you some credit for a plausible idea not a dig at the rest of your post. I am not saying the rest of it was wrong by any means, just found that part to be relevant.

Just trying to be funny. Swing and a miss I guess.

I was responding to a post that said Oklahoma won a share of their conference last year to which I pointed out that Nebraska would be considered to win a "share" of the conference championship given the same circumstances. Because the circumstances are different, Nebraska was not considered the champion of the Big Ten.

Um no. What you actually said was...

And last year Bo won a share of the Big Ten

which is incorrect.