Bo post game presser

Amac3309

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

<span style="color: rgb(48, 48, 53);"><span style="font-family: Tahoma,;">Remember that these are college kids, many of whom are on their own for the first time in their lives. To many, Pelini is a father figure and it actually says a lot about the team that the players feel this way.<strong> </strong>That concept is actually parallel to Tom Osborne with a number of his players so it should not be overlooked.</span></span>
</p>

<p>I see what you're trying to say here, but please don't attempt parallels between Pelini and Dr. Tom. It's a tad disrespectful.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Not meant to be disrespectful in any way. <strong>Since many fans compare Pelini's attitude to T.O's, I believe it is fair to point out the similarities in other aspects as well.</strong> I don't recall hearing any players in Callahan's days being as loyal to him... and certainly not to the level that these coaches have seen.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Never heard that before. Ever. I've heard Pelini more compared to Bob Devaney, not Doc Tom. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>As far as Cally's players being loyal to him...there was this one...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>New Jets Guard Matt Slauson <a href="http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/04/30/football/doc49f4d1829b34e824400196.txt" target="_blank"><strong><font color="#083f2c">spoke to a reporter this week</font></strong></a> about his excitement to play for the Jets and for his old coach, Bill Callahan.</p>

<blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px;">

<p>“I got drafted to a team that actually has a need (at guard),” Slauson said. “I’m going to get a shot at playing and I’m going to make the most of this opportunity.”</p>

<p>Crazy day. The kind of crazy day that at one point found Slauson having a brief conversation with his former Husker head coach, Bill Callahan.</p>

<p>Now an offensive line and associate head coach for the Jets, Callahan spoke briefly with Slauson, saying he was glad to work with him again.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“It is going to be great. I have said over and over again, Coach Callahan is the best offensive line coach in the country,” said Slauson, the 193rd pick overall. “And if it wasn’t him taking a shot in the dark on me four years ago, then I wouldn’t be where I am today.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>“I’d be lucky to make it on any college team, but it was because of him that I was able to come to Nebraska. I thank him then and I thank him again, because this is awesome.” </p>

<p>

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Now, for what it's worth...Slauson did also say that he felt as if he were a "side of beef" who was "used and abused" in a football-as-a-business culture that took root during the Callahan era at Nebraska...</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

</blockquote>

Must be ignorance, my apologies. Their support certainly did not get the press coverage that Bo's players have gotten about this unfortunately. I've been looking for support from Callahan's players but the internet has not found anything so far.

--- The only news I've seen about Callahan former players are pro players saying he sabotaged the Super Bowl.... not a whole lot of positive publicity surrounds the guy.

Must be ignorance, my apologies. Their support certainly did not get the press coverage that Bo's players have gotten about this unfortunately. I've been looking for support from Callahan's players but the internet has not found anything so far.

--- The only news I've seen about Callahan former players are pro players saying he sabotaged the Super Bowl.... not a whole lot of positive publicity surrounds the guy.

No, that is not a glowing recommendation.

The pass interference was actually not a terrible call

Robert Wadlow couldn't have caught that ball.

Right......because he was being tackled by our defensive back.

It wasn't a bad call. If Bo is going to start using expletives and losing his sh#t over officiating, pick something better to meltdown about.

that was what was so bizarre. it was not a bad call. yet, at psu, there was the worst call in the history of the game and he barely cared.

The pass interference was actually not a terrible call

Robert Wadlow couldn't have caught that ball.

Right......because he was being tackled by our defensive back.

It wasn't a bad call. If Bo is going to start using expletives and losing his sh#t over officiating, pick something better to meltdown about.

You're right, it wasn't a bad call. But the call that we didn't get in the first half certainly falls under the same category as that call.

Why the comparisons to Callahan? Who cares?! He was fired for good reason. This is the Pelini era. Now he's made the bed he's about to lie in. He built this program and shaped it to his mentality. That's great and very commendable that his players love him so much, but that doesn't make him the right coach to lead Nebraska. Pelini has built the wall around his program. It is "us versus them" in his world. He could have spent time building up goodwill with the fans and media, instead, he chose to gripe and make sniping comments at them and us. "Contrary to what many people think, I haven't forgotten how to stop the run." Well, now when you don't perform to our expectations, you don't have any goodwill banked up to fall back on. If he wants a place where the scrutiny isn't so intense, I might suggest he goes to Illinois, they might have an opening after this year. No one will give a hot damn how the football team does as long as basketball is around.

That's great and very commendable that his players love him so much, but that doesn't make him the right coach to lead Nebraska.

and further, how many players would not be extremely defensive of their coach? if your players do not love you, you are doing something extremely wrong. it should be a given that your players are loyal to you, not a plus.

That's great and very commendable that his players love him so much, but that doesn't make him the right coach to lead Nebraska.

and further, how many players would not be extremely defensive of their coach? if your players do not love you, you are doing something extremely wrong. it should be a given that your players are loyal to you, not a plus.

This was essentially my point when I brought up that Callahan had support also

I was rooting for Bo to get a flag during the PSU game. Most would have backed him up on that as it was one of the worst calls I've seen. This PI call was questionable, but nothing to lose your mind over. Plus, I know he is the closest ref, but he wasn't the guy that made the "questionable" call.

Just talked to some people that went to the game. They said during a timeout after that call, other coaches and the head ref had to get between Bo and another ref. Can anyone confirm that?

I was rooting for Bo to get a flag during the PSU game. Most would have backed him up on that as it was one of the worst calls I've seen. This PI call was questionable, but nothing to lose your mind over. Plus, I know he is the closest ref, but he wasn't the guy that made the "questionable" call.

Just talked to some people that went to the game. They said during a timeout after that call, other coaches and the head ref had to get between Bo and another ref. Can anyone confirm that?

No one around me noticed anything like that.

Yes, that happened.

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

Yes, that happened.

Are you saying you saw it happen? I wasn't at the game so I got the info second hand. Not that it matters, but I would like confirmation. I can't believe the network wouldn't show it, even if it happened during a timeout.

Yes, that happened.

Are you saying you saw it happen? I wasn't at the game so I got the info second hand. Not that it matters, but I would like confirmation. I can't believe the network wouldn't show it, even if it happened during a timeout.

Yeah, I saw it.

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

I would fall down dead for a Bob Stoops type coach and any rational fan would.