Bo post game presser

Amac3309

He was calling the pass interference call chicken sh#t, not the unsportsmanlike conduct call.

That's how I understood it.

I don't fault Bo for his comments today, and I'm glad SOMEONE is making a statement about the poor quality of officiating in collegiate football this year.

Where I wish he would have held off is getting the 15 yard penalty. Our defense played too hard for too long to get something else piled on their back, especially when there wasn't a chance that the refs were going to reverse a bad call.

Remember that these are college kids, many of whom are on their own for the first time in their lives. To many, Pelini is a father figure and it actually says a lot about the team that the players feel this way. That concept is actually parallel to Tom Osborne with a number of his players so it should not be overlooked.

I see what you're trying to say here, but please don't attempt parallels between Pelini and Dr. Tom. It's a tad disrespectful.

LMAO espn is showing some stupid stats.

Seasons as HC of NU with 4 losses or more

Bo: 6

Cally: 4

Solich: 2

Osborne: 0

Lol if people think that's relevant in why people are ticked right now, it's asinine.

why not use the number 5 why not use the average wins per season OH it would not for espn (extra stupid personal newsman )

Remember that these are college kids, many of whom are on their own for the first time in their lives. To many, Pelini is a father figure and it actually says a lot about the team that the players feel this way. That concept is actually parallel to Tom Osborne with a number of his players so it should not be overlooked.

I see what you're trying to say here, but please don't attempt parallels between Pelini and Dr. Tom. It's a tad disrespectful.

Not meant to be disrespectful in any way. Since many fans compare Pelini's attitude to T.O's, I believe it is fair to point out the similarities in other aspects as well. I don't recall hearing any players in Callahan's days being as loyal to him... and certainly not to the level that these coaches have seen.

Not meant to be disrespectful in any way. Since many fans compare Pelini's attitude to T.O's, I believe it is fair to point out the similarities in other aspects as well. I don't recall hearing any players in Callahan's days being as loyal to him... and certainly not to the level that these coaches have seen.

This loyalty thing is a bit overblown. What do you want them to say, he is an asshat and I hate him? That person controls their playing time and thir scholarship.

The pass interference was actually not a terrible call

I actually kind of agree. They showed it from an angle where you can tell the receiver/TE was getting ready to jump up to grab it before he got tackled. Does he come down with the ball? Probably not, but a 6'5" guy jumping, say, 25" with outstretched hands might have come close.

But the point is: If the ball is actually that badly overthrown, why is our DB tackling the receiver instead of just letting it play out?

It was a borderline call and did not justify Pelini's ridiculous antics.

This loyalty thing is a bit overblown. What do you want them to say, he is an asshat and I hate him? That person controls their playing time and thir scholarship.

Fair point. Although shoot, check twitter and see some of Bo's former players still fighting for him. Marlowe, Meredith, Prince, Suh, Rex.... It's impressive to see though sad under the circumstances.

Let's couple that with a pass from Kellogg to I think it was Bell in the first half when the ball was just as uncatchable, Bell got tackled, and no flag came out. It doesn't take much to be consistent, so either call that PI in the first half, or don't call that PI in the second half.

I actually kind of agree. They showed it from an angle where you can tell the receiver/TE was getting ready to jump up to grab it before he got tackled. Does he come down with the ball? Probably not, but a 6'5" guy jumping, say, 25" with outstretched hands might have come close.

But the point is: If the ball is actually that badly overthrown, why is our DB tackling the receiver instead of just letting it play out?

It was a borderline call and did not justify Pelini's ridiculous antics.

Because he would've been crucified by the same people had he "let it all play out."

• Fire 1

Fair point. Although shoot, check twitter and see some of Bo's former players still fighting for him. Marlowe, Meredith, Prince, Suh, Rex.... It's impressive to see though sad under the circumstances.

Zac Taylor, Adam Carriker, Cory Ross, Jay Moore all came out in support of Bill Callahan in 2007

Robert Wadlow couldn't have caught that ball.

Right......because he was being tackled by our defensive back.

It wasn't a bad call. If Bo is going to start using expletives and losing his sh#t over officiating, pick something better to meltdown about.

• Fire 1