Bo post game presser

Amac3309

Six pages on a thread called "Bo post game presser" and not a single link to the actual press coverage? This is why I rarely come to this site anymore. It's all about the circle jerk and enormous over reactions. You can't get actual info here, just hearsay and innuendo. Good job Huskerboard.

If you are going to walk in and be a giant dildo, might I suggest you actually be right first?

Im searching all over to re-listen to it, anyone find it yet?

http://www.omaha.com.../131128545/1685

homer_doh.gif

• Fire 1

You have some point in there? I can't find it.

Bo, as a head coach, has lost games since UNL has been in the B1G by an average of 20 points per game.

My point...stop b***hin about the refs.

Oh. Because I wasn't aware of our losses? Thanks. Real eye opening stuff.

No - but it seems like you're more trolling the refs instead of getting back to the real issues. Refs are part of the game, and they're human as well. The ref that flagged Bo - human reaction to what was probably happening all game. Guy got fed up with lunatic head coach screaming at him, and he flagged the guy.

Notice Bo didn't blow up after that...LOL

Instead of people whining about the refs, whine about the product being displayed on the field. Cause that guy is getting 3 millie a year for that.

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

I'm done with this. Chalk another one up for the Bo-flippers.

When were the questions asked...in what order?

What difference does it make byebye? He's had numerous chances to mend the relationship from him to the fans. From the team to the fans. If he geniunely cared about what is probably the most significant team-fan relationship in sports (seriously, becuase it IS all we have here) he woulda came out with something more than some hand written gesture after that audio. He coulda showed some appreciation today for those fans even after another totally incompetent coaching job against a definition-mediocrity program, were still showing their support for not the team, not the program, but HIM. FRICKIN HIM. And he just blows it off. Beck pissed me off the other day, and Bo did it today. Get to stepping. This is one place where you dont f#*k with the fans.

We had 8 home games this year. And the only 3 we had against teams with a pulse, we completely sh#t the bed and show total lack of basic fundamentals and being mentally ready to play. Think maybe this whole "us vs the world including our f'ing fairweather f'ing fu#*$" has anything to do with it? Just read the comments from players. Theyre under the notion that they play for Bo Pelini, NOT Nebraska. And that is just straight up f'ing bullsh#t. I supported this guy to the last straw today. I was making arguments with folks in his support in the stadium up through halftime. Then I get to my truck and listen to that presser. f#*k it. i'm done.

• Fire 2

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

You know, this is a good perspective. Sometimes the guy that comes in isn't going to be the guy that is THE GUY.

In hindsight , the way Bo was acting suggests to me that there may have been some things said before the game about expectations.....like "we'd fire you if not for all the money we'd have to pay". Knowing that he's a handshake kind of guy and probably not liking the feeling that he may be dealing with a snake, maybe he purposely gave them the room to do what they wanted? All pure speculation based on how he just told it like it is today.

The team made huge strides throughout the year despite being injured almost everywhere. They play hard for this staff , don't give up and have nothing to apologize for...like he said. To me it's about how you play and I like this team and the way they play. I probably couldn't coach for two weeks because I'd be much more likely than Bo to tell them to kiss my ass if they don't like it. I won't even get into the reality show that the announcers and refs are trying to pull off.

Don't kid yourself..

Lack of money for a buyout ain't keeping Bo here.

In hindsight, it just appears the higher ups were giving Bo the rope to hang himself. I just don't think anyone expected Bo to weave the rope, tie the noose, throw it over the second deck of the lounge in North Stadium and kick the chair out.

• Fire 3

And skersfan, I commend you. You were right all along. And I apologize for all the flack I gave you over the past couple years. I wanted to believe too damn hard and I was wrong. Now lets all hold hands and put our unwavering support to the next guy in line. He's gonna need it.

And for christ's sake, I hope to hell he embraces it.

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

Wow a national championship and 8 conference championships? What a thing to be concerned about "falling" down to.

Won a national championship with a large contingent of another coach's players. Since then, he hasn't been able to reach that level and has been somewhat trailing off (National title, then a few BCS games then lower bowl games).

And the falling down I'm referring to is the fact that Bob Stoops is currently sitting on the proverbial hot seat in Norman. Yes the Sooners seem to be in a "better" spot in the national championship picture but their fans are getting antsy. Bo is just more of a polarizing figure and the national media love those types of coaches.

In hindsight , the way Bo was acting suggests to me that there may have been some things said before the game about expectations.....like "we'd fire you if not for all the money we'd have to pay". Knowing that he's a handshake kind of guy and probably not liking the feeling that he may be dealing with a snake, maybe he purposely gave them the room to do what they wanted? All pure speculation based on how he just told it like it is today.

The team made huge strides throughout the year despite being injured almost everywhere. They play hard for this staff , don't give up and have nothing to apologize for...like he said. To me it's about how you play and I like this team and the way they play. I probably couldn't coach for two weeks because I'd be much more likely than Bo to tell them to kiss my ass if they don't like it. I won't even get into the reality show that the announcers and refs are trying to pull off.

Don't kid yourself..

In hindsight, it just appears the higher ups were giving Bo the rope to hang himself. I just don't think anyone expected Bo to weave the rope, tie the noose, throw it over the second deck of the lounge in North Stadium and kick the chair out.

Like I said...pure speculation. You gotta admit, it's been a weird day. Sure seems like something toxic is going on between the staff and the admin.

Hey, how did you feel after the two interceptions? Could you do me a favor and have all your friends call the ESPN sportstalk shows with the answer to that?

And skersfan, I commend you. You were right all along. And I apologize for all the flack I gave you over the past couple years. I wanted to believe too damn hard and I was wrong. Now lets all hold hands and put our unwavering support to the next guy in line. He's gonna need it.

Nice man...it's not easy to openly admit you've changed your views, but I commend you!

You can't make me stop fighting with skersfan. It's fun and he likes it.

This whole deal is just awful. And what just drives it home is that Bo walked into the press room knowing it was a bad situation and he smiled poured gas on the fire and flicked a match.

Either he did it as an act of defiance for perceived slights, or he did it because he can't help himself. Either way, he can't continue on in Lincoln.

My view is that should Nebraska fire Bo, the next guy may do great and find another level to rise to. However I would fear that the next guy would turn into a Bob Stoops. Win a national title within two years but then trail off again into irrelevance in the national championship picture.

Re-establishing a program isn't easy. A strong argument could be made that Bo has done so already. Unless there is a sure-fire replacement that could do better, why disrupt an above average program?

Wow a national championship and 8 conference championships? What a thing to be concerned about "falling" down to.

Won a national championship with a large contingent of another coach's players. Since then, he hasn't been able to reach that level and has been somewhat trailing off (National title, then a few BCS games then lower bowl games).

And the falling down I'm referring to is the fact that Bob Stoops is currently sitting on the proverbial hot seat in Norman. Yes the Sooners seem to be in a "better" spot in the national championship picture but their fans are getting antsy. Bo is just more of a polarizing figure and the national media love those types of coaches.

He won a share of the Big 12 last year. If that's slipping, I'll take it.

that "its great" comment really caught me by surprise. I was in the tunnel today with my 14YO at the end of half time, and we were yelling for bo and the team to keep playing hard, trying to push them on, then he says that in the interview about the support in the tunnel and he can only get a very obvious "meh its great" out... and let me tell you his word said "its great" but his tone said GO TO HELL... ...are you really that big of an ass or just stupid...thank everyone for the support, smile and go on...man he sucks at the spin thing ......btw I did notice in the tunnel today someone said something and he glared at them for about 5 seconds...it could have been nice, but the look on his face made me think it wasn't something nice, and all I could think was...dude rise above it, you should be too big to react to someone if they were being an idiot.

Don't kid yourself..

Like I said...pure speculation. You gotta admit, it's been a weird day. Sure seems like something toxic is going on between the staff and the admin.

Hey, how did you feel after the two interceptions? Could you do me a favor and have all your friends call the ESPN sportstalk shows with the answer to that?

And that was the first time Bo had ever heard a slightly dumb question walking into the locker room.....oh wait right, he's a 6 year head coach extraordinarily compensated to deal with things like that.

as long as Bo acts like a f'ing spoiled child, he will be a major distraction here....nice display in front of your recruits...Bo is a f'ing mess...

Maybe you'd like years of stupid questions? I sure as he'll wouldn't and love how Bo responds. I mean how many times are they going to ask the same questions?

• Fire 1