Bo post game presser

Amac3309

I thought the odds of firing Bo were actually pretty slim before this game, win or lose.

After watching that presser... I think he's gone. That was awful. That was a presser that could get him in trouble not just with the Athletic Department but with the conference.

Wow. We knew he was caustic, but... wow.

Exactly, the players LOVE Bo. But at what cost? That staff has turned the players against us, not us doing it.

Your last sentence is a huge load of sh#t. And this is from players

Beck's comments are things that are preached in the locker room and they aren't reinforcing that the players should embrace the fans. Big Red Overeaction is saying it best. We've lost 3 at home this year. It feels, imo, like the players don't even have a desire to play at home. It's silly to think the divide is only the fans fault.

I see what your attempting to say but it is so far from left field its wrong. To think the players are being"brainwashed" by the staff to hate the fans is Ludacris. Again from players, they understand its a vocal minority but they take and hear more sh#t from us that they ever should.

So it's his fault. Get every players' iPods and phones and delete every one of his songs.

Here's one man's take on this...

Bo lost me after the audio leaked out. I was already leaning away from him, but that solidified my decision.

It wasn't the fact that he went off on the fans. It wasn't the fact that he used foul language (come on, he's a football coach, LOL). It wasn't the fact that he's animated on the sidelines, or any of that. All of that I can forgive, excuse, and even understand. We as fans are fickle at times.

But what lost me with Bo was the one comment he made in that audio that sums up the post-game presser today - and it came back out (not surprising).

He made the comment, "Wait till I'm gone, then we'll see where they're at." (para).

That, ultimately, will seal his fate here, one way or the other.

Is he a frustrated man? Yep, anybody can see that.

Is he being unfairly treated? Of course, but it's part of the job as the 3 million dollar a year guy.

Are many of the issues on the field due to execution, preparation, and injury? Stevie Wonder could see, yes, it is.

BUT

When you put yourself out there by saying basically that Nebraska is nothing without Mark Pelini....and that it's nothing unless you're here....you've driven the final nail in your own coffin with me.

Husker football been around for an entire century. Good times, bad times, lean times, strong times....it's been here. One man does not make a tradition. Those five nattys in the trophy case say other wise.

I liken it to something my Pastor says all the time about unruly church leadership that doesn't follow instruction of those who have appointed them leaders:

"If you think that the church won't go on without you...mess around and pass away. We'll wheel you down in your coffin...put roses on your coffin...shut that thing, have a funeral. We'll take you down to the cemetary, put you six feet under....throw the dirt on your grave and say Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust. Then, life will continue on WITHOUT you."

If Coach Pelini things we're better off without him, maybe we are. Maybe he'd be better off without us as well. But something HAS GOT to be done at this point.

“[The ref] said I got too close to him. I thought that was a chicken s*** call. Excuse my language on that, but I had never seen anything like that before. I’ve done a lot worse than that. I saw [iowa head coach] Kirk Ferentz on the other side acting a lot worse than I act. I didn’t see a flag come out on him. The bottom line is they knew they blew the call. They blew it. They blew that call over there on that third down. Everybody in the stadium knew it. They just didn’t man up enough to pick that flag up.”

This is the full quote for Pelini in the presser guys.

Tired of people picking out only one or two sentences to make things seem a lot worse than they are. I agree with him...Ferentz went off more than he did with less cause.

He can whine about that all he wants to. Difference is, Ferentz is a 3 time COY in the conference and has been to a BCS bowl game. Bo doesn't have any capital in the bank to get away with stupidity right now.

Big Red Overeaction tidbit: Bo actively wanted both the Miami job and the PSU job, Bo's buddy AD at Miami left before he got that job and PSU said no to Bo. This is from Benning so take it for what it's worth.

It's worth nothing. Apparently he wants every job opening. The only one i felt was credible was the men's swimming and diving position that opened up at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.

Sick of Damon Benning's delusional self-entitled complex thinking he's some white knight savior of our program with his insider knowledge every time we lose. Whether it's accurate or not.

You are sick of a former player that is level-headed and calls it like it is?

There are people who think Jason Peter calls it like it is.

And there are people sick of Jason Peter.

Opinions vary.

Sick of Damon Benning's delusional self-entitled complex thinking he's some white knight savior of our program with his insider knowledge every time we lose. Whether it's accurate or not.

I listened to him(and whoever the other guy is) for an hour and 20 minutes on the drive home and I didn't hear anything out of line from him. The only thing he really said that claimed to be someone insider info was regarding disorganized and non-physical practices that we have. And the exact same thing has been said by many former players so I'm guessing it's for good reason.

Opinions vary.

Jason Peter does not call it like it is, he compares everything to 1995. Come on Knapp, I thought you were better than that.

Opinions vary.

I think Benning is much more patient with Bo and his staff than Peter ever was. He has stuck up for Bo plenty in my limited listening of his podcasts.