Bo post game presser

Amac3309

Holy crap...are you guys following the Pelini/Starling stuff exploding on Twitter?

Peter Gammons just tweeted, "Am told that Pelini's tirade when Bubba Starling was leaning toward the Royals was even more miserable than today. How'd you like to be his dog."

Pelini is a huge embarrassment to the program and the university.

Another case of something too far in the past for it to be fair to bring it up again.

Nonsense. Peter Gammons is bringing it up and tweeting it to his 160,000 followers. How do you think that makes us look?

But who's telling him this stuff?

I'm not defending Bo here, I just don't want another backfire thing where suddenly Bo is made out to be the victim.

Holy crap...are you guys following the Pelini/Starling stuff exploding on Twitter?

Peter Gammons just tweeted, "Am told that Pelini's tirade when Bubba Starling was leaning toward the Royals was even more miserable than today. How'd you like to be his dog."

Pelini is a huge embarrassment to the program and the university.

Another case of something too far in the past for it to be fair to bring it up again.

Seriously? This is all part of his history. How is it unfair to bring up?

I'd never heard it.

You're not going to fire him because he went 8-4 instead of 9-3, so win or lose today that should have no relevance.

But you cannot go in front of the camera and say things like that. He's lost his mind.

He's possibly baiting the administration to fire him. Kinda seems like he wants out but doesn't want to forfeit any possible cash

Exactly what I think as well. Doesn't want to be here, but desperately wants 7 million dollars. What they should do is say he's safe but demand wholesale staff changes, all his buddies. Test his vaunted loyalty. He quits, we win. He stays, we get coordinators who might be decent

you are assuming he could get decent assistants in here that would want to work for him...good luck with that.

True, I'm just saying test it out. Kind of like A Few Good Men. Try and bait him into quitting by pissing him off. Use his temper against him. Humiliate him, emasculate him whatever, just see if you can force the resignation.

That's if they carenaboutnthe 7 million. If it was me, after today I would just make sure he's gone one way or another

You're not going to fire him because he went 8-4 instead of 9-3, so win or lose today that should have no relevance.

But you cannot go in front of the camera and say things like that. He's lost his mind.

He's possibly baiting the administration to fire him. Kinda seems like he wants out but doesn't want to forfeit any possible cash

Exactly what I think as well. Doesn't want to be here, but desperately wants 7 million dollars. What they should do is say he's safe but demand wholesale staff changes, all his buddies. Test his vaunted loyalty. He quits, we win. He stays, we get coordinators who might be decent

Intriguing

What an interview from Kenny. Excellent. Couldn't have said anything better.

What did he say?

"I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."

I'm not even joking. He actually said that.

didn't he also say that he would be riding a translucent steed? i really hope you made that quote up.

What an interview from Kenny. Excellent. Couldn't have said anything better.

What did he say?

"I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."

I'm not even joking. He actually said that.

didn't he also say that he would be riding a translucent steed? i really hope you made that quote up.

I'm not. https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/406531950346649601

Bo lost me today

And man, did he work to do it, didn't he?

I've been behind him this whole time, and think he could still grow into a great head coach. But my god, he has worked so hard to piss off everyone in this state. I don't understand how he feels the relationship between him and the fans is so toxic, especially when so many were willing to forgive him for so much.

And on top of it all, that BS jackball move by "the leaker" for releasing that audio of Bo calling out the fans in 2011. Even after all the chaos surrounding him, people, me included, were willing to look past it and move on.

But whatever slights he's felt, real or perceived, he doesn't seem able to look past them, and that horrible relationship that he has perpetuated, that is not remotely real, that should not be earning these kinds of reactions to fans, that relationship will be his undoing here.

Not four losses a year.

Not the breakdown of football fundamentals.

Nothing but that horrible, horrible relationship he has with the fans. That isn't real, that he blows out of proportion.

The media needs to stop instigating reaction from Bo. They need to stop this bullsh#t reporting. Bo is correct when he says they are distracting the program. The media is not helping the cause when they are constantly writing and asking about Bo's status. They are almost putting him on the hott seat. Someone needs to beat the sh#t out of Brian or Sam.

• Fire 2

The media needs to stop instigating reaction from Bo. They need to stop this bullsh#t reporting. Bo is correct when he says they are distracting the program. The media is not helping the cause when they are constantly writing and asking about Bo's status. They are almost putting him on the hott seat. Someone needs to beat the sh#t out of Brian or Sam.

Disagree entirely. Bo is in control of Bo. Doesn't matter what they do, his reaction is 100% his responsibility.

That's like saying a girl should stop wearing dresses to get guys to stop being pigs catcalling her. No. The guys just need to stop being pigs regardless.

• Fire 2

I thought the odds of firing Bo were actually pretty slim before this game, win or lose.

After watching that presser... I think he's gone. That was awful. That was a presser that could get him in trouble not just with the Athletic Department but with the conference.

Wow. We knew he was caustic, but... wow.

Exactly, the players LOVE Bo. But at what cost? That staff has turned the players against us, not us doing it.

Your last sentence is a huge load of sh#t. And this is from players

Beck's comments are things that are preached in the locker room and they aren't reinforcing that the players should embrace the fans. Big Red Overeaction is saying it best. We've lost 3 at home this year. It feels, imo, like the players don't even have a desire to play at home. It's silly to think the divide is only the fans fault.

I see what your attempting to say but it is so far from left field its wrong. To think the players are being"brainwashed" by the staff to hate the fans is Ludacris. Again from players, they understand its a vocal minority but they take and hear more sh#t from us that they ever should.

I would really like to give Bo another year if he's willing to make staff changes. At bare minimum, Tim Beck needs to go. The strength & conditioning program needs a long, hard & honest evaluation (I don't know if the mass injuries are the result of deficiencies in our strength & conditioning program but the possibility needs to be seriously considered). I also think it would be very good to get an experienced defensive coordinator; however I could live with Papuchis so long as the defense continues to show improvement & Tim Beck is s^%*-canned. Unfortunately, I don't see Bo making any staff changes if retained...I love the guy & how he always stands up for the team & is loyal to his players; however getting embarrassed by a 7-4 Iowa team on our own turf is unacceptable

I don't think we can pin the injuries on Dobson, but at this point it's reeeeeaally difficult to endorse Bo for another year. Between the halftime interview nonsense, the tirade at officials and the post-game presser, he's done some significant damage to the program today.