Bo post game presser

Amac3309

Holy crap...are you guys following the Pelini/Starling stuff exploding on Twitter?

Peter Gammons just tweeted, "Am told that Pelini's tirade when Bubba Starling was leaning toward the Royals was even more miserable than today. How'd you like to be his dog."

Pelini is a huge embarrassment to the program and the university.

Another case of something too far in the past for it to be fair to bring it up again.

lolwut

HuskersTK421[/b]' timestamp='1385760611' post='1282833']

You're not going to fire him because he went 8-4 instead of 9-3, so win or lose today that should have no relevance.

But you cannot go in front of the camera and say things like that. He's lost his mind.

Just a thought, are we to blame a little bit? Did we force him to bottle up his anger? And now all of it is coming out at once? I don't believe that. Just a stupid wondering on my part.

Why aren't you at your post?

Wait... this isn't Star Wars.

But seriously, no, we are not to blame. The pressure-cooker here isn't any greater than any other major college program. It's not us, it's Bo.

Nice. Didn't think anyone would get the star wars. Man I am nerd if that's in my name.

Holy crap...are you guys following the Pelini/Starling stuff exploding on Twitter?

Peter Gammons just tweeted, "Am told that Pelini's tirade when Bubba Starling was leaning toward the Royals was even more miserable than today. How'd you like to be his dog."

Another case of something too far in the past for it to be fair to bring it up again.

Seriously? This is all part of his history. How is it unfair to bring up?

What if it does the same thing the UCLA fiasco did? Backfires and gets him support?

My only actual fear on if Bo is fired is how the players react. They love Bo, they go up to bat for him after every loss, I've never seen a coach with such a strong relationship with his players no matter what.

Jim Jones had followers that loved him too. A strong relationship isn't always a healthy one...... One thing for sure is that the next few days are going to be really interesting for Husker Nation.

You're not going to fire him because he went 8-4 instead of 9-3, so win or lose today that should have no relevance.

But you cannot go in front of the camera and say things like that. He's lost his mind.

He's possibly baiting the administration to fire him. Kinda seems like he wants out but doesn't want to forfeit any possible cash

Exactly what I think as well. Doesn't want to be here, but desperately wants 7 million dollars. What they should do is say he's safe but demand wholesale staff changes, all his buddies. Test his vaunted loyalty. He quits, we win. He stays, we get coordinators who might be decent

you are assuming he could get decent assistants in here that would want to work for him...good luck with that.

I thought the odds of firing Bo were actually pretty slim before this game, win or lose.

After watching that presser... I think he's gone. That was awful. That was a presser that could get him in trouble not just with the Athletic Department but with the conference.

Wow. We knew he was caustic, but... wow.

Exactly, the players LOVE Bo. But at what cost? That staff has turned the players against us, not us doing it.

Your last sentence is a huge load of sh#t. And this is from players

Beck's comments are things that are preached in the locker room and they aren't reinforcing that the players should embrace the fans. Big Red Overeaction is saying it best. We've lost 3 at home this year. It feels, imo, like the players don't even have a desire to play at home. It's silly to think the divide is only the fans fault.

Nonsense. Peter Gammons is bringing it up and tweeting it to his 160,000 followers. How do you think that makes us look?

I thought the odds of firing Bo were actually pretty slim before this game, win or lose.

After watching that presser... I think he's gone. That was awful. That was a presser that could get him in trouble not just with the Athletic Department but with the conference.

Wow. We knew he was caustic, but... wow.

I've been out since the game ended; is it as bad as you guys are saying? I mean people have complained before, but stuff like this and polo's post make it sound genuinely like Vesuvius erupted.

It was bad...seemed like he was daring the admins to fire him. He looked like he had already checked out.

What an interview from Kenny. Excellent. Couldn't have said anything better.

What did he say?

"I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."

I'm not even joking. He actually said that.

No doubt he would. The problem is that the team would be poorly coached, commit four turnovers and lose by around 30.

I lol'd.

The game would go one of two ways: Either we'd be heavy underdogs, get out to an early 17 point lead, get the fan base's hopes up, only to give up 28 unanswered and lose 35-20; or we'd play like complete ass for 3 quarters, Satan would pull a hammy, and then we'd go on a miraculous comeback to win as time expired.

My only actual fear on if Bo is fired is how the players react. They love Bo, they go up to bat for him after every loss, I've never seen a coach with such a strong relationship with his players no matter what.

Jim Jones had followers that loved him too. A strong relationship isn't always a healthy one...... One thing for sure is that the next few days are going to be really interesting for Husker Nation.

So did Bill Callahan, so did Frank Solich. You're right - those kinds of bonds aren't reasons to keep a coach that is going to behave like this.

I'm reading some flak at the press for the questions they asked to Bo, too. The press doesn't get my sympathy for the way they've handled Bo, but that has nothing to do with how he's responded. He's a grown man and can rise above that, but he seems either unwilling or unable to.