Dr. Tom Speaks

Nobody

Tom hired who the fanbase wanted. Id say 90% of the people wanted Pelini in 2007. Now that he isn't doing as good as they'd hoped, its Toms fault.

Tom watches the games just like we do. Id trust his judgment saying we are close WAY before Id trust the judgment of internet football geniuses.

I agree with this. Hell we all wanted Pelini. Nobody knew it was going to turn into this. Including Tom. We can't go back and blame him now. He was doing what he thought was best. We all make mistakes.

Tom hired who the fanbase wanted. Id say 90% of the people wanted Pelini in 2007. Now that he isn't doing as good as they'd hoped, its Toms fault.

Tom watches the games just like we do. Id trust his judgment saying we are close WAY before Id trust the judgment of internet football geniuses.

I agree with this. Hell we all wanted Pelini. Nobody knew it was going to turn into this. Including Tom. We can't go back and blame him now. He was doing what he thought was best. We all make mistakes.

I didn't. I agree that the majority of the fan base did, but not everyone. And it appears that those who wanted Pelini were wrong.

Look, I'm not sure what the issue some have with criticizing well-compensated and grown men is. Dr. Tom was a good coach. He's a good guy. But he made a bad call on Pelini. I'm not saying we should forget the rest of his legacy because of it. I'm not claiming we should stone him for it. But let's simply acknowledge that he screwed up by hiring Pelini.

bshirt? I've missed you.

bshirt? I've missed you.

Yeah, I stole that line from his playbook :D

Dr. Tom is just trying to make the peace and move on. He raises a good point: you don't fire a guy for an 8-4 season. Especially if he's just had several 9 and 10 win seasons. TO realizes that it will be easier to fix the problems that we currently have than it would be to reboot the program and start from scratch once again.

Dr. Tom is just trying to make the peace and move on. He raises a good point: you don't fire a guy for an 8-4 season. Especially if he's just had several 9 and 10 win seasons. TO realizes that it will be easier to fix the problems that we currently have than it would be to reboot the program and start from scratch once again.

I don't think so. I think there is some ego on TO's part. Bo is his guy. Not everything is easier to fix than to start over. They don't remodel McDonald's anymore, the bulldoze the building and start over. The problems in the program are too deeply rooted, part of the culture even. And to make it worse the leader of the program does not think there are problems.

I don't think so. I think there is some ego on TO's part. Bo is his guy. Not everything is easier to fix than to start over. They don't remodel McDonald's anymore, the bulldoze the building and start over. The problems in the program are too deeply rooted, part of the culture even. And to make it worse the leader of the program does not think there are problems.

LOL. Yeah, that ole egomaniac Tom Osborne. :sarcasm:

Seriously, has there been a more humble man in all of college football? Ever? He is doing what he thinks is best for the program. Trying to make peace and move on. So we can begin healing. And improving. :lol:

• Fire 1

only if the problems are fixable. they might just be fixtures of a bo-led program.

LOL. Yeah, that ole egomaniac Tom Osborne. :sarcasm:

Seriously, has there been a more humble man in all of college football? Ever? He is doing what he thinks is best for the program. Trying to make peace and move on. So we can begin healing. And improving. :lol:

You cant really think the man has no ego. No man has a resume like his without some ego. And ego can cloud judgement. I have no doubt he believes that Pelini is the guy. I happen to disagree.

“I think Shawn made the right decision,”

“You just don’t make a decision to get rid of a coach after an 8-4 season, and five straight 9- or 10-win seasons and three division championships. Bo has had a good record.”

“I look forward to seeing them move forward and I’m sure they’ll improve and have a good year next year,” he said.

http://sports.omaha....-to-keep-pelini

Of course Tom is going to support Bo. He's the one who brought him in and helped create this horrendous environment. He's also the one that gave Bo a huge contract extension that was not deserved. I'll always hold Tom in high regard, but when it comes to picking Pelini and continuing to stick by him, that's one of the marks on his resume.