Did Iowa "destroy" us this year?

Since I live in Iowa all I keep hearing is how Iowa manhandled Nebraska and it wasn't even a close game at all. The final score was 38-17 which is a blow out but from watching the game it was a lot closer than the final score IMO. They scored the last TD on a short field after going for it on 4th down.

We had 288 total yards and they had 282. Yes, they had a short field most of the game and had 7 of their 14 possessions in our territory. Their longest TD drive was 41 yards which came after the Abdullah fumble. Their longest scoring drive was 70 yards, which 30 of them came on 2 penalties from a PI and Bo's personal foul.

I give them credit for taking advantage of our mistakes and their defense forced all the turnovers, the two Kellogg INTs were just plain bad reads and shouldn't have been thrown but their defense took advantage. We couldn't move the ball when we were pinned inside our 10 yard line which is understandable but when we were out of the shadow of our own goalpost we were able to move the ball quite easily.

After 3 turnovers and a terrible fake punt we still had a chance to win this game. The fake punt was an awful decision especially since Iowa called a timeout to get their first team defense out there and we finally had some momentum on our side. It's obvious we have some real talent on our team being so beat up and having a lot of turnovers and still having a chance to win, just like the MSU game.

I personally think we need to start new with a new coach but since we are keeping Bo I would be ok with keeping him as long as he makes some changes and gets new coordinators. We need an actual defensive coordinator that can really focus fixing our issues instead of having a guy with no experience. Of course Bo won't get a new DC because he doesn't want any help. Our defense should be pretty good next year. We need a new OC and actually get an identity on offense. Personally, I think we should go to smash mouth football that grinds other teams down, but I would be okay with having a spread team and commit to having the spread. I just think we need an identity on offense so we can recruit system players which will help us recruit more efficiently. We need to hire a recruiting staff that can bring in SEC type players.

GBR

No, they didn't destroy or manhandle us. They did get a solid win, though. Just laugh in their faces, because if they really believe that, they didn't watch the game or don't know sh#t about football.

This is how I felt about it. Ill give it to them, they won but no way did they dominate us. Nothing annoys me more when people who don't know much about football comment and act like they know everything there is to know about football.

I say let Iowa fans think whatever they like.They haven't had much to hang their hat on in a long time.We will be fine.A walk-on third string q.b.,makeshift offensive line,and very young inexperienced defense makes for a rough road playing anyone.Play calling was suspect,and special teams have been anything but this year.Still a good group of young kids,with a lot of potential for the future.

Oh yeah! It was a blowout loss full of the Huskers best effort. The kids played hard. The coach gave his all and did it with passion. We knew what was at stake both for the season and recruiting. We just came up

short. A few problems and mistakes that we will get ironed out. We will get those cleaned up ...

bla, bla, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Fire 1