He turned down USC already.

I'm also dumbfounded why someone would turn down USC and then go try to get the UW job.

UW is not that far from boise. i am guessing he thinks he could be more successful at UW given UW's more reasonable expectations and easy transition in recruiting.

USC comes with ridiculous expectations. Maybe he thinks that he could have a better chance recruiting where he is than in SoCal?

USC comes with ridiculous expectations. Maybe he thinks that he could have a better chance recruiting where he is than in SoCal?

not necessarily better talent. but he would be going after the same kids he is now and using the same connections. maybe he thinks he could do well in the pac 12 with that type of talent and know that he would be at a school where he was not expect to compete for a title every year.

also, it might be getting tougher to recruit in socal with ucla coming up and oregon and stanford becoming more appealing to kids in the pac 12 footprint.

that is the only way i could rationalize him going to UW rather than USC. i have no idea what he is thinking or what is going on.

He turned down USC already.

I'm also dumbfounded why someone would turn down USC and then go try to get the UW job.

UW is not that far from boise. i am guessing he thinks he could be more successful at UW given UW's more reasonable expectations and easy transition in recruiting.

not necessarily better talent. but he would be going after the same kids he is now and using the same connections. maybe he thinks he could do well in the pac 12 with that type of talent and know that he would be at a school where he was not expect to compete for a title every year.

that is the only way i could rationalize him going to UW rather than USC. i have no idea what he is thinking or what is going on.

He also has to know he's the king in Boise, maybe he thinks that with lower expectations at UW than at USC, he can maybe achieve the same thing. Maybe get to a PAC12 title game, sneak in, win one, and then stake his claim to Seattle...

He also has to know he's the king in Boise, maybe he thinks that with lower expectations at UW than at USC, he can maybe achieve the same thing. Maybe get to a PAC12 title game, sneak in, win one, and then stake his claim to Seattle...

if he does go to udub, that would be my thinking.

I would think the environment has to be about the same, with better resources and not having to look at the awful looking field everyday...

Peterson choosing UW would be dumbfounding to me. I feel like he's had better opportunities.

UW is a pretty good job.

Ready for it?

Probably better than Nebraska.

Trololol. NO.

Seattle is better than Lincoln. Major city. Easier to recruit to. Some of the best tailgating in the nation, as well. Great fan base.

New stadium.

Top class facilities.

Lots of talent.

Peterson choosing UW would be dumbfounding to me. I feel like he's had better opportunities.

UW is a pretty good job.

Ready for it?

Probably better than Nebraska.

Trololol. NO.

Seattle is better than Lincoln. Major city. Easier to recruit to. Some of the best tailgating in the nation, as well. Great fan base.

New stadium.

Top class facilities.

Lots of talent.

School Prestige has more to do with jobs more than you'd think. History and recent history will bode well for Nebraska in recruiting battles. And Lincoln is the happiest place to live in in the US.