Bo Pelini, from a player’s parents eyes.

icedavis

Very few will be truly disappointed in Bo leaving if it were to happen..

This may be an example of media influence.......how do you know this is correct?

Its not. Every poll ever take that polled Bo's approval rating has had it as favorable by a wide margin. Usually in the 80 and 90 percentages.

This may be an example of media influence.......how do you know this is correct?

Its not. Every poll ever take that polled Bo's approval rating has had it as favorable by a wide margin. Usually in the 80 and 90 percentages.

Yeah that's not true.

What I find interesting here is the intermingling of "the fans" and "the media". Some people seem to lump them together (such as in a statement like "Bo is a jerk to the fans/media"), but I remember in Bo's earlier years here, when he would spout off at the media during a press conference, everyone I talked to was in approval of his blunt handling of those "slimy media-types". What's changed? When Bo insults the media are there fans who take this to heart? Are we just tired of his antics now that he's been here a while? Is it just fuel for people's "fire Bo"...uh...fire?

Or maybe this is just all begging the question of how much fans are influenced by the media, and how much the media is reflective of the fans.

(On a side note, am I the only person getting an error when trying to go to the huskerland.net story?)

Media almost always drives fan base and opinion. Why do you think talk radio has grown so much in the last decade?

Yeah that's not true.

Every real poll not on a message board done by and independent group like Gallop. If there is one that states different it hasn't been public. At least to my knowledge.

Do you really think even half the fans personally attack Bo or the players? Critiquing on-field performance is the nature of being a fan, and everyone everywhere does this. Going after players or coaches is, thankfully, a much smaller segment of the fan base, and easily attributed to asshats. Those people, like the people overreacting in this thread, are easy to ignore.

Ok....so one of the biggest Dbags that does damage is a guy named Tim over on the rivals board. Always stating he's in the know, he's a big booster etc even though records show differently. He's been put on the radio in Omaha a few times and that gives credit to his lies even though they've been proven to be wrong more than once, including his "knowledge' that Bo had resigned and Iowa would be his last game. He's nothing more than a bad game of gossip. His info is almost always negative and usually based on zero truth. He's pretty much lead the charge against the program.

Unless you're mixing up posters, this isn't even true (in bold).

Tim's not exactly the warmest guy either but he's flatly denied being a big booster and stayed completely out of speculating on Bo's job status during the later part of the season. But I'm sure you knew that.

• Fire 2

Yeah that's not true.

Every real poll not on a message board done by and independent group like Gallop. If there is one that states different it hasn't been public. At least to my knowledge.

My God man,

Here's one from last year that's already in the 70's

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120929/NEWS/709299914#comment

I can only imagine what it would be or will be after the bowl. Yes, he may still have a majority, but to say 8 or 9 out of ten support him is not only incorrect, it's delusional.

Do you really think even half the fans personally attack Bo or the players? Critiquing on-field performance is the nature of being a fan, and everyone everywhere does this. Going after players or coaches is, thankfully, a much smaller segment of the fan base, and easily attributed to asshats. Those people, like the people overreacting in this thread, are easy to ignore.

Ok....so one of the biggest Dbags that does damage is a guy named Tim over on the rivals board. Always stating he's in the know, he's a big booster etc even though records show differently. He's been put on the radio in Omaha a few times and that gives credit to his lies even though they've been proven to be wrong more than once, including his "knowledge' that Bo had resigned and Iowa would be his last game. He's nothing more than a bad game of gossip. His info is almost always negative and usually based on zero truth. He's pretty much lead the charge against the program.

Unless you're mixing up posters, this isn't even true.

Tim's not exactly the warmest guy either but he's flatly denied being a big booster and stayed completely out of speculating on Bo's job status during the later part of the season. But I'm sure you knew that.

Don't think that I am. Very well could be two different folks but I was under the impression they were the same person. I'm not a member over there. I've only seen messages posted on another board that were stated to be from him. Last name P?

That was last year. Before almost losing on opening day to a team that missed a bowl and fired a coach. Before giving up 38 straight to ucla. Before the tape leak. Before insisting Taylor be 100% before starting, then starting him and losing to Minnesota. Before the MSU debacle. Before the Iowa meltdown and defiant child act at the press conference.

Do you honestly think 78% of Nebraska fans will approve of that?

• Fire 1

Don't think that I am. Very well could be two different folks but I was under the impression they were the same person. I'm not a member over there. I've only seen messages posted on another board that were stated to be from him. Last name P?

Don't know the name, I'm referring to HuskerTimOmaha; perhaps you're talking about a different Tim.

That was last year. Before almost losing on opening day to a team that missed a bowl and fired a coach. Before giving up 38 straight to ucla. Before the tape leak. Before insisting Taylor be 100% before starting, then starting him and losing to Minnesota. Before the MSU debacle. Before the Iowa meltdown and defiant child act at the press conference.

"Almost losing" and "defiant child act"......I enjoy the attempted usage of influential terminology.

"Almost losing" and "defiant child act"......I enjoy the attempted usage of influential terminology.

Curious as to what you call the Wyoming game and the post game Iowa scene.