Bo Pelini, from a player’s parents eyes.

icedavis

My question with this Bo vs Fans ordeal is this...Which came first? Bo being short with fans on his own or him becoming short with fans because they deserve it for the way they lash out at players and coaches?

Kind of seems like it was with the media first, which in turn made the fans lash out towards Bo for not handling things more "appropriately" or doing a better job of representing the university. Don't get me wrong, Bo has dug his own grave with the fans with audiogate and some of the other things he's said, but this whole "Bo Pelini is a big angry meanie" mentality has been perpetuated by the media.

Truly not understanding the overreaction here. It's a simple concept - Bo expects the fans to show up and cheer 60 minutes a game. The fans should expect the coach that wants that to not be a dick to them.

I honestly think the issue here is simply human nature.

Unfortunately, the negativity is the noisiest and Bo takes it personal, so he gets defensive, puts up his guard and....just as he is taking it that 'all fans' are against him....fans take it as he is against 'all fans'. It's blurred to me who is right...but as with everything in life...it's probably somewhere in the middle.

Fans are entitled to believe what they want. But they only care about the W at the end of the day. We can say all day how his players love him, families respect him, coaches are inspired by him grades are affected by him and he is a top notch guy to everyone but the media and fans who have issues with him. But its pointless. The W is all that matters. Even if we won 14 games by a miracle play We would be ecstatic and would quickly forget about his fan base issues and his media relations. The man is a leader and a rloe model to his players. The only difference is his personality is put under a micrkscope because he is a scary looking guy on camera.

Tommy Tubberville slapped a coach on camera. But he did it with a calm cool and focused demeanor. Yet were still upset Bo yelled at an official because of a string of questionable cals?

I think Bo's disdain towards the fans is overblown. Other than the incidents surrounding the one game two years ago, I am having trouble thinking of examples where he has ostracized the fan base. I do remember that he has made multiple comments this year about how good the fans have been. You want a best friend? Get a dog.

• Fire 1

I don't give a sh#t how Bo treats the fans or views us. What really matters is how the players and their families are dealt with and results on the field. Hardly anyone would really care much about his attitude toward the fans if he was winning titles, etc. But he's not, and so it's an issue. Talk about double standards.

The result he has put on the field is average at best. He can't have his cake and eat it too in this situation. Like you said, Saban gets a free pass because he is winning titles. Bo is getting embarrassed by teams like Iowa, making a fool of himself and Nebraska on national tv, and he is unapologetic about everything.

He does not even have the slightest clue as to why people in this state dislike him. He just thinks we expect too much, and some people do. All he has to do is win some big games and not act like an a-hole and he would not have as many haters.

My question with this Bo vs Fans ordeal is this...Which came first? Bo being short with fans on his own or him becoming short with fans because they deserve it for the way they lash out at players and coaches?

Kind of seems like it was with the media first, which in turn made the fans lash out towards Bo for not handling things more "appropriately" or doing a better job of representing the university. Don't get me wrong, Bo has dug his own grave with the fans with audiogate and some of the other things he's said, but this whole "Bo Pelini is a big angry meanie" mentality has been perpetuated by the media.

That's just it. "The fans" aren't lashing out at Bo. The vast, vast majority of us are behind him. He's our coach, our guy, and while he's here he gets our support. Those fans are with him today, through the A&M fiasco in 2009, the various incidents making local and national news throughout his career, even through the tape release earlier this year and the really bad day he had last Friday. The vocal fans who are truly against Bo are the minority, and lash out on social media. There are no boos in the stadium, no scorn heaped on him as he walks around town.

• Fire 1

You're always going to have a minority of fans that are shitheads. That can't be changed, and they will probably exist no matter who is coaching. They're the ones that cause these issues, if those issues even really exist. Most fans still come to the stands and cheer, etc, and don't treat the players like sh#t. So yeah, it's not really an issue.

Apparently it is an issue. The members of the media are fans. Bo said that their stories have affected the football team. "Let's call a spade a spade."

An issue preventing us from winning titles? No. Every program has to deal with this kind of stuff. It comes with the territory and today's social media. Bo can blame whoever he wants regarding that, but it will never go away. Some people will always bitch, and the media will always find ways to get hits on their sites and sell newspapers.

I think Bo's disdain towards the fans is overblown. Other than the incidents surrounding the one game two years ago, I am having trouble thinking of examples where he has ostracized the fan base. I do remember that he has made multiple comments this year about how good the fans have been. You want a best friend? Get a dog.

I agree.....it's overblown. Of the different Husker circles I'm in, Huskerboard is the only place it's even mentioned.

An issue preventing us from winning titles? No. Every program has to deal with this kind of stuff. It comes with the territory and today's social media. Bo can blame whoever he wants regarding that, but it will never go away. Some people will always bitch, and the media will always find ways to get hits on their sites and sell newspapers.

I agree that every program has to deal with this kind of stuff. If you listen to the post game interview you would think that Bo was coaching 2012 Penn State or that a player on the team had died or something. "It is incredible what we have gone through" is what he says. He is a victim of his own actions. Instead, he chooses to displace blame onto the media. It is truly pathetic behavior for a man that is being paid $3 mill a year to be the face of our program and our state.

That's just it. "The fans" aren't lashing out at Bo. The vast, vast majority of us are behind him. He's our coach, our guy, and while he's here he gets our support. Those fans are with him today, through the A&M fiasco in 2009, the various incidents making local and national news throughout his career, even through the tape release earlier this year and the really bad day he had last Friday. The vocal fans who are truly against Bo are the minority, and lash out on social media. There are no boos in the stadium, no scorn heaped on him as he walks around town.

I don't think Bo is against the vast, vast majority of fans either. He's just taking the minority too personal and vocalizing it from time to time and in turn, the vast vast majority of fans take it personal, just as Bo does.

Like I was saying above: It's human nature (and in fact quite natural) to be defensive when reality isn't clearly understood to be somewhere in the middle of extremes.

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that the players and their families are enamored with Bo. The point has always been that those folks are only part of the equation, and the fans are another part. If Bo can be warm and cuddly to these folks, there's no reason he can't show at least a modicum of that side of his personality to the fans. Not only does he choose not to, but the impression most get is that he views us as part of "them," the enemy.

Bo is out working hard to recruit these players and their families, and that's great. He needs to spend some time recruiting the fans, too. Without us he isn't earning that $3 million a year.

Bo's responsibility is the team and the program he is paid to be over. No where in his contract says that he has to be cuddly to the fans. Especially since those fans can be as bi-polar as his actions are when responding to them. We as fans pay for the team to entertain us. Nothing more. We do not sign his checks. The since of entitlement is quite comical, IMO.

I agree and I think this whole thing comes back to what Q was saying above, that the whole thing really is overblown. Just seems like the media is one of, if not, the biggest reason for that.