All Eyes Are On Texas - - Bring Them On!

I see no one accepting anything like mediocrity... it is just an objective analysis. Look at NU on the field this year, look how they are coached and how they play... do the same with Texas and you conclude that NU is pretty mid-level and Texas, while not that good, are a level up. So... w/o excepting anything or conceding anything... but just assessing the probabilities here... were they to play Texas, as much as I hate to say so the Horns would most likely beat the Huskers (and, perhaps do so handily).

Were the Huskers to play the other teams mentioned as possibilities --- like Georgia, LSU, or Texas Tech --- objective analysis would again predict that the Huskers would be more than likely defeated by each of these teams too. So... I do not see the Huskers favored to beat any of these teams. that said, anything can happen in one game so one never knows... but by prediction analysis... NU is an underdog in each of these games.

I see no one accepting anything like mediocrity... it is just an objective analysis. Look at NU on the field this year, look how they are coached and how they play... do the same with Texas and you conclude that NU is pretty mid-level and Texas, while not that good, are a level up. So... w/o excepting anything or conceding anything... but just assessing the probabilities here... were they to play Texas, as much as I hate to say so the Horns would most likely beat the Huskers (and, perhaps do so handily).

Were the Huskers to play the other teams mentioned as possibilities --- like Georgia, LSU, or Texas Tech --- objective analysis would again predict that the Huskers would be more than likely defeated by each of these teams too. So... I do not see the Huskers favored to beat any of these teams. that said, anything can happen in one game so one never knows... but by prediction analysis... NU is an underdog in each of these games.

I agree with your view Robsker. All things considered ... I don't see this team performing differently under bowl conditions. I would expect a 3-4 turnover game leading to a blowout or a two TD loss. In the press conference and at half we will hear the coach say something like, "We just need to clean up those few mistakes and we are in this game ... we will get those cleaned up and be just fine."

If we can manage to play disciplined football, smart football ... then ya, I would like our chances against any of these teams ... sure. I just don't believe at this point.

I haven't accepted mediocrity and I never will. That fact is usually what gets me crossways with some in the football forum. However, recently when matched against bowl eligible teams (anybody that can win 6 or more games in a season), we have not fared too well. But I still would like to play Texass for a chance to beat them. They are no more daunting than any other team we might face, and probably less so than many we could face.

• Fire 1

I haven't accepted mediocrity and I never will. That fact is usually what gets me crossways with some in the football forum. However, recently when matched against bowl eligible teams (anybody that can win 6 or more games in a season), we have not fared too well. But I still would like to play Texass for a chance to beat them. They are no more daunting than any other team we might face, and probably less so than many we could face.

I agree that Texas is less daunting than the others mentioned. But NU is still on the short end of the stick. I would hate another loss to Texas... that would be adding insult to the injury of the past 6 years for Husker fans.

To those who say we want to play the best, I say that is just plain and simple foolish.

What we need now is a feel good win to end the season. Go into next year with something positive.

What we don't need is another fall apart, 20+ point loss to anyone.

The one thing we can be farily sure of is that we're going to play periods of sloppy football at some point in the game, so I would much, much prefer someone like Texas where we have a chance to overcome those mistakes and still come out with a win.

I read this thread and can't believe people are expecting us to get beat by everyone we might play. Talk about accepting mediocrity. Damn. Blame Bo all you (we) want for this mediocrity, but the fans sure as hell seemed to have accepted it and in some cases don't seem to mind. Embarrassing and sad.................

For fans, predicting a loss and accepting mediocrity are not at all the same thing. Of course, it's different for a player. A player's psychology has a direct impact on the outcome. So if a player were to expect a loss, you could equate that to accepting mediocrity. But for a fan? We're helpless spectators. We can perfectly well predict that the team will lose while hoping they will win, and wanting changes (big or small) to be made in the future to improve the program.

I agree that Texas is less daunting than the others mentioned. But NU is still on the short end of the stick. I would hate another loss to Texas... that would be adding insult to the injury of the past 6 years for Husker fans.

I understand this and have been likewise tempted but, I have made up my mind to not lower my standards of where I want to see this program exist simply to avoid additional embarrassment. The only way this program gains back any respect nationally, or even within our own division or conference, is to beat some worthwhile opponents. We can't beat them if we don't play them so......

There's been enough adding insult to injury for the past 15 years. A little more now isn't going to phase me in the least. I can come on HB, rant like a lunatic for a few days and eventually will calm down. I guess that'll just keep up until it doesn't have to anymore.

I understand this and have been likewise tempted but, I have made up my mind to not lower my standards of where I want to see this program exist simply to avoid additional embarrassment. The only way this program gains back any respect nationally, or even within our own division or conference, is to beat some worthwhile opponents. We can't beat them if we don't play them so......

There's been enough adding insult injury for the past 15 years. a little more now isn't going to phase me in the least. I can come on HB, rant like a lunatic for a few days and eventually will calm down. I guess that'll just keep up until it doesn't have to anymore.

Very compelling argument. And they say that internet posts never change anyone's view. Here is evidence to the contrary... in view of your arguments here, i change my perspective... I agree with you.

• Fire 1

If Ohio State beats MSU will Sparty get picked for Rose or will it have to be a different BCS bowl because of a technicality?

Don't quote me on this but, I think if tOSU gets picked for the big game, that gives the Rose Bowl the option of replacing the B1G champ with anyone of their choosing. I don't think it would have to be another B1G team. I'm prolly full of sh#t.....

I am hoping for a matchup with Texas as well. I diasgree with the OP with the mutual hatred. I think it is more of a case of us (fans) disliking Texas for their luck and success against us. When Texas last beat us at home, the Texas players seemed pretty friendly towards our players. The Texas players didn't seem to show any hatred while playing either. they seemed quiet and business like while we dropped pass after pass. Agreed we need to play/beat Texas to get that monkey off our back.