All Eyes Are On Texas - - Bring Them On!

The thrill of playing them is dealing with the fear of "what if we lose?"

If the intensity that this game brings doesn't rise to the level of a rivalry, then I'd like some of you wise scribes to tell me which of our foes are considered rivals?

The truth is, Nebraska doesn't have any actual rivals at this point. A rivalry isn't just created out of thin air. Texas has owned us. We don't play OU anymore. Colorado, Mizzou, and K St had their moments but never developed into any longterm mutual excitement, and they are gone now anyway. We've been in the Big Ten for 3 years and haven't properly developed any big rivalries with anyone yet. The potential is there down the road for a few schools, but all of the old Big Ten teams already have their longstanding rivalry. We just don't have one right now.

this. i think neb. v. mizzou was developing into a nice rivalry to claim the north. but now we just have to wait and see. maybe iowa, probably wiscy. who knows.

The thrill of playing them is dealing with the fear of "what if we lose?"

If the intensity that this game brings doesn't rise to the level of a rivalry, then I'd like some of you wise scribes to tell me which of our foes are considered rivals?

The truth is, Nebraska doesn't have any actual rivals at this point. A rivalry isn't just created out of thin air. Texas has owned us. We don't play OU anymore. Colorado, Mizzou, and K St had their moments but never developed into any longterm mutual excitement, and they are gone now anyway. We've been in the Big Ten for 3 years and haven't properly developed any big rivalries with anyone yet. The potential is there down the road for a few schools, but all of the old Big Ten teams already have their longstanding rivalry. We just don't have one right now.

this. i think neb. v. mizzou was developing into a nice rivalry to claim the north. but now we just have to wait and see. maybe iowa, probably wiscy. who knows.

I was really starting to enjoy the Mizzou game, especially living here in KC. Utly is dead on though, we don't really have a team we can circle on the calendar. It'll probably end up Iowa, for no other reason than our fans are interspersed so deaply in eastern NE and western IA...but that will be a long, long time.

We're Texas' bitch. There is extra animosity on our side because they own us, but we're just another team they laugh at.

The same way that we laughed at Colorado and Missouri and K-State and Kansas and etc.

I suppose if football is meant to be played with checkbooks, paid-for officiating, and conference commissioners that are in your school's pocket, then yes, I suppose we are Texass' bitch.

But last I checked, that wasn't how the game was meant to be played.

In 123 years of football, we've only played about 66 of the 125 current FBS teams. So I never get very excited when, in non-conference regular season games or bowl games, we play teams that we've played recently and/or often.

Who are the teams we haven't played?

I cannot think of one single potential bowl opponent that I would rather play and beat than Texass. That comes from a place of pure hatred and does not validate the notion that they are any kind of rival. They're simply spoon fed cheating scum that would be extremely enjoyable to dismantle and almost unbearable to lose to again. Bring em on.

• Fire 1

4. This is one of the best rivalries in college football. Both teams despise each other on every level. Can’t get better.

how is this a rivalry? yes, we hate them. but they pretty much owned us in the big 12.

A matchup is not a rivalry simply because it becomes one-sided at some point. This is a rivalry. We both LOVE trying to beat each other.

That's a load of B.S. Texas doesn't give a crap about Nebraska.