GT: Nebraska at Creighton - 5PM - Fox Sports 1

EG42u7n.pngV1Qv1hR.pngMUdbV7M.png

December 8, 2013

5pm CT - Fox Sports 1

CenturyLink Center (17,390) - Omaha, NE

Nebraska Cornhuskers 6-2 (Last: W 60-49 vs Miami)

vs

Creighton Bluejays 6-2 (Last: W 78-61 vs Long Beach State)

Head Coaches

Nebraska Tim Miles (304-240, 21-20 at Nebraska)

Creighton Greg McDermott (365-227, 86-32 at Creighton)

Injury Report

Nebraska

No injuries to report

Creighton

No injuries to report

Scouting Creighton

The Bluejays are 6-2 on the season following a 17-point win at Long Beach State earlier this week. Creighton was ranked until last week, when the Bluejays dropped a pair of neutral site games at the Wooden Legacy in Anaheim, Calif. Creighton’s most impressive early season wins are victories at St. Joseph’s (83-79) and Arizona State (88-60). The Bluejays feature one of the best offenses in the country, led by two-time All-American Doug McDermott. The 6-foot-8 senior averages 24.4 points and 6.8 rebounds per game, leading the Bluejays in both categories. He is one of four seniors in a very experienced lineup, as Ethan Wagge joins McDermott in double figures by averaging 12.1 points per game, while Austin Chatman averages 8.6 points and 4.5 assists per game.

Greg McDermott is in his fourth year at CU after coaching at Iowa State, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Wayne State. McDermott and Miles have squared off several times before during their days at the Division II level and have met twice while leading Division I programs, a 67-54 Iowa State win over North Dakota State in 2006-07 and last year’s matchup between Nebraska and Creighton.

• Fire 4

I just went to the boards too. They are talking some mad sh#t. I hope they don't cheer for husker football.

Most are probably Creighton students. There is nothing wrong with going to CU and cheering for Nebraska football.

There is nothing wrong with it. But there is when they talk trash about nebraska basketball and UNL.

I just went to the boards too. They are talking some mad sh#t. I hope they don't cheer for husker football.

Most are probably Creighton students. There is nothing wrong with going to CU and cheering for Nebraska football.

There is nothing wrong with it. But there is when they talk trash about nebraska basketball and UNL.

Most likely students. Just like NU posters have talked sh#t about CU in years past on this board.

I believe last year or two years ago I was called a troll for cheering for CU in this game thread. And I was told this is a Nebraska board so to expect it. Go to a Creighton board and you should expect it.

Funny thing is that Creighton and nebraska both have the same number of natl championships, final four and elite 8 appearances.

Nebraska is the one with a winning alltime record against CU as well as in the best b-ball conference in the nation. Not to mention better facilitues and fan support

• Fire 1

Funny thing is that Creighton and nebraska both have the same number of natl championships, final four and elite 8 appearances.

Nebraska is the one with a winning alltime record against CU as well as in the best b-ball conference in the nation. Not to mention better facilitues and fan support

Before this year I wouldn't make your last point.

Most likely students. Just like NU posters have talked sh#t about CU in years past on this board.

I believe last year or two years ago I was called a troll for cheering for CU in this game thread. And I was told this is a Nebraska board so to expect it. Go to a Creighton board and you should expect it.

Yes they probably did talk some smack....But, they didn't cheer for Creighton in another sport either. Ok to cheer for both bad to disrespect a program especially one you cheer for in another sport. But I guess from knowing lots of Creighton douche bag students it doesn't surprise me.

Yes they probably did talk some smack....But, they didn't cheer for Creighton in another sport either. Ok to cheer for both bad to disrespect a program especially one you cheer for in another sport. But I guess from knowing lots of Creighton douche bag students it doesn't surprise me.

I get what you are saying. I don't know what was said on this message board. If they were disrespecting UNL, then I get where you guys are coming from. If it was just some ribbing saying they are better at basketball, I guess I don't understand the big deal.

Obviously, if you live in Omaha or go to CU, you are going to be a Jay fan, unless you graduated from UNL. If I want to go see a college basketball game, Im not driving to Lincoln to see Nebraska play. I will drive DT and go watch the Jays play. If you are exposed to CU basketball more than Nebrasketball, it is likely you will become a fan.