Stop reading on defense and attack

mwj98

If Nebraskas offense had been able to put even a halfway competitive unit on the field, I think Nebraska defense the second half of the season was good enough to win every game. Except maybe the Iowa game.

Give this young defense credit, I think they did begin to attack, and it was working. Seems to me we got better in defense after that game when it came out the coaches asked the players what they should do out there.

I preach the attack mentality also mwj98. I hate read and react or bend don't break football, but you couldn't have picked a worse point of reference to start this thread. It completely debunked what should be a valid argument, but whatever, I agree with your general point.

I don't get the three down lineman scheme Missouri used. They got gashed Everytime.

Also, kinda funny how folks said the option was dead. Triple option seem to work just fine for auburn.

Ya, that scheme, coupled with LB's that either couldn't attack or didn't fill the gaps or close down the edge really made that D look silly. I still credit the scheme and the blocking of Auburn ... of course, the QB was a dual threat as well. Amazing that Auburn had a new coach, a new scheme and a new QB who arrived this summer ... and accomplished this. It gives me hope for our team. I still believe we have a team that could be really special ... we just did not ... could not ... figure out how to protect the ball.