GA Injury List

McDawg

Just read in Stewart Mandel's Bowl Ranking (he ranks the Gator Bowl #15) that Todd Gurley is "one of the lone survivors of the Bulldogs' 2013 injury extravaganza."

That and this thread made me wonder - why are the Georgia injuries the story line here? Nebraska's had more than its share of injuries. Who all have we lost this year? Help me make this list:

Taylor Martinez - starting QB. Missed eight games, out for the bowl game.

Spencer Long - All-American Guard. Out for the season. Missed seven games

Jamal Turner - starting WR. Hurt sometime around game four. Missed six games. Probably back for the bowl game.

Quincy Enunwa / Kenny Bell - both hurt for most of the latter half of the season, but I don't think either missed a game.

Jake Long - starting TE. Missed four games. Should be healthy for the bowl game.

Jake Cotton - Left Guard. Missed at least two games, but I believe he's been back for the last couple.

Who am I missing? I know I'm missing several on the O Line, who missed at least a game if not more. Did we lose anyone on defense, aside from Thad Randle who was hurt on about every other play but kept gutting it out?

Is Taylor a Sr. ?

Just read in Stewart Mandel's Bowl Ranking (he ranks the Gator Bowl #15) that Todd Gurley is "one of the lone survivors of the Bulldogs' 2013 injury extravaganza."

That and this thread made me wonder - why are the Georgia injuries the story line here? Nebraska's had more than its share of injuries. Who all have we lost this year? Help me make this list:

Taylor Martinez - starting QB. Missed eight games, out for the bowl game.

Spencer Long - All-American Guard. Out for the season. Missed seven games

Jamal Turner - starting WR. Hurt sometime around game four. Missed six games. Probably back for the bowl game.

Quincy Enunwa / Kenny Bell - both hurt for most of the latter half of the season, but I don't think either missed a game.

Jake Long - starting TE. Missed four games. Should be healthy for the bowl game.

Jake Cotton - Left Guard. Missed at least two games, but I believe he's been back for the last couple.

Who am I missing? I know I'm missing several on the O Line, who missed at least a game if not more. Did we lose anyone on defense, aside from Thad Randle who was hurt on about every other play but kept gutting it out?

Is Taylor a Sr. ?

yes

Who cares about who WAS injured. It now only matters who IS injured for the bowl game.

It matters for discussion sake when you look and see that both of these teams were very talented coming into the year but this was a big part of why they didn't meet their expectations. Now, if both teams can get many of them back, we could see two very talented teams back on the field come January 1st.

• Fire 1
Who cares about who WAS injured. It now only matters who IS injured for the bowl game.
It matters for discussion sake when you look and see that both of these teams were very talented coming into the year but this was a big part of why they didn't meet their expectations. Now, if both teams can get many of them back, we could see two very talented teams back on the field come January 1st.

Even though we both may have had more injuries than most teams no one else cares. Especially when we start saying "he was injured but still played" Not trying to be a douche I just think it doesn't matter at the end of the day. But I do see for the sake of the argument....

Even though we both may have had more injuries than most teams no one else cares. Especially when we start saying "he was injured but still played" Not trying to be a douche I just think it doesn't matter at the end of the day. But I do see for the sake of the argument....

At this point in time, I don't give a hoot what anyone else thinks. I'm having a discussion with people in the Husker and Dawg fan base. Many people in those two groups care. Now, many have claimed this is a boring match up because we are both mediocre teams. I'm saying that, in large part, we are mediocre teams because of our injuries on both teams. If both teams can get a good number of these players back, then we may end up watching two good teams again battling it out.

If Nebraska gets a number of players back and Georgia doesn't, then our chances of winning go up.

Sorry if you can't get past what other people think and find interest in this game just being a Husker fan.

Wow...Another Dawg here.. After reading thru the season triage report for both teams & looking at the Neb. schedule I don't expect y'all to pity us too much...

Looks like both teams were hit hard & did what they had to do. Enjoyed our game last year in Orlando & look forward to (kinda) our rematch...

We play in Jax every year & the WLOCP is our mid-season Bowl & something very unique to College sports these days. If any one need any info on Jax/Fernindina Beach/ Amelia Island/ St. Aug./Jax Beach/ Ponte Vedra etc. options just ask...We're the pros... :cheers