ESPN ranked NU coaching gig top 10, ahead of UGA; Georgia Board goes nuts

14 teams ranked ahead of them, but DONU is the only one GA board goes ape-s*** about.

Well, considering the talk around Bo leaving/being replaced and the comments supposedly from Richt (see the Richt thread on the board somewhere) that he would be interested in coaching at DoNU...yeah, it stands to reason they'd go apes**t about said ranking.

UGA should be higher, actually.

Upsides: Best college town in America, better weather, easier to recruit, good facilities, better looking girls

Downside: SEC competition is rough, fan base turns on its coaches with the drop of a hat/thinks the program is more historically relevant than it really is

I will take Austin over Athens 100 times out of 100 from a "Best college town in America" POV.

I thought we were such a hell-hole of a coaching destination that no quality coaches would be willing to come here? At least, that's the self-deprecating BS being crammed down our throats by the "Bo-lievers."

I feel like even though ESPN ranked us that high, it's not likely that coaches view us as a top 10 coaching job. NU has some of the most unique obstacles compared to the other programs that not many coaches may be experienced to handle. I have a hunch that a lot of coaches could be leery of this job because they may believe that Bo is doing about as well as he can for a program with our kinds of challenges & they feel they may not be able to do much better for a fan base that expects more.

Disclosure: if not apparent from my user photo I am a staunch Bo supporter, more-so than most.

I think Clemson's a pretty good draw. Hear me out...

• As HC, all you do is recruit and hire great coordinators to do all the coaching.
  • Play in the ACC, so you don't have the competition, but definitely in SEC recruiting territory.
  • In a college town, where all the businesses have to charge basically nothing because they're required to survive off the students...aka cost of living is nothing.

Sure you won't make the most money out there, but damn...I could survive on 3.1 per year to recruit.

I can go along with that.

• As HC, all you do is recruit and hire great coordinators to do all the coaching.
  • Play in the ACC, so you don't have the competition, but definitely in SEC recruiting territory.
  • In a college town, where all the businesses have to charge basically nothing because they're required to survive off the students...aka cost of living is nothing.

Sure you won't make the most money out there, but damn...I could survive on 3.1 per year to recruit.

i think the only things clemson is missing would be prestige (no offense, killer) and maybe money (?, i do not really know much about clemson, but i assume that is a big component of this list).

i think the only things clemson is missing would be prestige (no offense, killer) and maybe money (?, i do not really know much about clemson, but i assume that is a big component of this list).

Clemson's OC and DC are among the highest paid at their positions in the NCAA.